TDF 2020 - Stage 12: Chauvigny - Sarran Corrèze 218 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• Jeremy's Cousin getting some go-slow spray on his thigh from the doctor's car.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • There was a bit of a crosswind earlier. Not stoking the echelon discussion here, but are riders trying to use the more exposed sections to get away? Seems it shuts down again on the sheltered sections - it's just knocked off again as they pass some woodland.
  • Would love for that break to stay away, 66/1 bet on Lulu this morning... this is definitely his kind of stage.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196

Would love for that break to stay away, 66/1 bet on Lulu this morning... this is definitely his kind of stage.

I'm just keeping an eye on it for my PTP...
  • First 20k at 55kmh
  • bobmcstuff
    This is great - Sagan still trying
  • Asgreen on a potato hunt with a TDE rider
  • bobmcstuff
    So too small a break to make it really.

Which means one of the puncheurs for the stage win, Sagan or GVA possibly?

Bora controlling for no real reason. Just trying to stop anyone else clipping off to keep some points available at the intermediate?
  • I guess Asgreen was sent out to mop up sprint points
  • Bennett & Mørkøv take the last points, Sagan 3rd and empty handed
  • bobmcstuff
    Bennet extends his lead marginally at the intermediate - outsprinted Sagan quite comfortably with Morkov in between.

So confusing with someone not Sagan in green!
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    It's all about the stage for Sagan I think
  • What do Bora do now? I expect a few more to try and bridge, Bora still on front, must be looking for the stage
  • bobmcstuff
    inseine said:

It's all about the stage for Sagan I think

He was clearly going for it I would say. Given the work Bora did to control the break etc.
  • Asgreen continuing with the TDE guy (has he taken a turn?)
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,860
    I worry a little about gambling and cycling. In a sport where the riders fix the winner on the road at times ? As a given part of the sport . Just putting that our there betting seems to be a growing part of this sport .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,100

What do Bora do now? I expect a few more to try and bridge, Bora still on front, must be looking for the stage

Presumably attacks may come when the road begins to go up.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • mididoctors
    Bora on a high road to no where . I don't think Sagan has it to win today . Shame about the green jersey comp . Hope to be wrong . Bit of a Sagan fan
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    If Bora control it the GC teams have to take an interest cos of the time bonus .. could blow themselves out ?
  • mididoctors
    Let's see if Bora attack this climb
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,692

I worry a little about gambling and cycling. In a sport where the riders fix the winner on the road at times ? As a given part of the sport . Just putting that our there betting seems to be a growing part of this sport .

Mug's game - also the market is so thin big bets shift odds quite quickly.
  • mididoctors

Mug's game - also the market is so thin big bets shift odds quite quickly.
    I hope that's the case .
  • It's a good for in play though - backing and laying riders as the dynamic shifts on the road (not that I do it).

There's a good account to follow on twitter called @CyclingBetting who usually does reasonably well and provides good insight on form / picks for the stage etc.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Lil'Pete was tipping an Angry Sagan for today....

Sounds like he's trying at least!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    edited September 2020
    I really don't get what Bora are about.
    The guy who never rides the Ardennes classics expects to win an Ardennes styled stage.

As Kirby said, it's much more suited to Schachmann.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,692

Get out
  • DeadCalm

The guy who never rides the Ardennes classics expects to win an Ardennes styled stage.

Everyone is assuming Bora are doing this for Sagan. Unlikely I know, but conceivably, they have another plan.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • DeadCalm said:

Everyone is assuming Bora are doing this for Sagan. Unlikely I know, but conceivably, they have another plan.
    Any other plan could have involved sticking a rider in the break and then chilling out for 200km
  • mididoctors
    Postelberger?
  • DeadCalm
    As I said, unlikely but, on boring stages, I occasionally entertain myself with a touch of fantastical tactical musing and a scenario where Bora are somehow brilliantly using Sagan as a decoy tickled my fancy.
    Team My Man 2022: