Comments

• This is great
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    Yates doing a lot of work
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,804
    Lol
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,918
    Brave to wait so long with the peloton coming fast!
  • mididoctors
    Ala deserved that
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    Yates got himself bluffed into taking the front into the headwind there. Déjà vu as Alaphilippe goes into yellow again.
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    Great finish!
  • mididoctors
    Good finish
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,002
    That was good.
    Hirschi gave him a good run.
  • I don't think I've shouted at the telly that loudly in excitement for a long time. Bloody brilliant.
  • Pross
    Hirschi needed another 20m.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
    Blimey.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    Pinot holding out a leg ?
  • zest28
    zest28 Posts: 403
    Looks like Alaphilippe is going to give the big boys headaches again this year.

And not sure what Yates was doing, he really looked like he did not belong in the front group. So why waste your legs?
  • Pross
    Good final 10k after a predictably dull few hours.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,036
    Emotional for Ala who lost his dad this year
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • So, when JA said he was "only going for stage wins" did nobody realise he meant ones that got him into yellow? :D
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Hirschi in white?
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • The predictable winner after a pretty dour affair, ridden on the slowest schedule.

Don't know which is the more worrying: the way that Jumbo completely evaporated under minimal pressure, or that the French government will announce tomorrow morning that the race is cancelled.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    edited August 2020
    Ooof that was a bit good eh? Allaphillipe wasn't getting "San Remo"ed twice...

(Also, how does one correct an auto correct dictionary on Android..?)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • The predictable winner

Predictable maybe, but he does it with such style.
  • DeadCalm

The predictable winner after a pretty dour affair, ridden on the slowest schedule.

Don't know which is the more worrying: the way that Jumbo completely evaporated under minimal pressure, or that the French government will announce tomorrow morning that the race is cancelled.

In fairness, they looked pretty good until Kwiatkowski took out Dumoulin whereupon they sensibly decided to knock off the chase.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,432
    Kennaugh calling it right for me there. Why give Ala that leeway given what he done last year!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,586
    edited August 2020
    Hirschi screwed that up - needed to be *on* Julien’s wheel. Not near.
  • DeadCalm said:

The predictable winner after a pretty dour affair, ridden on the slowest schedule.

In fairness, they looked pretty good until Kwiatkowski took out Dumoulin whereupon they sensibly decided to knock off the chase.
    Dumoulin ended up being first Jumbo over the line. Roglic was almost last in the bunch.
    Bennett lost a minute and a quarter and Kuss lost over two minutes.
    So, yeah, those pair certainly knocked it off.
    Lucky they didn't have an incident like Valverde. ;)

Dani Martinez shipped over three and a half minutes, so EF have old man Uran and young boy Higuita left in contention.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • DeadCalm

Hirschi screwed that up - needed to be *on* Julien’s wheel. Not near.

Agreed. But he's only just 22 (less than a week ago). He will learn from that and win stages in the future. The white jersey is a decent consolation.
    Team My Man 2022:

• DeadCalm
    Cosnefroy in polka dots. Fair play.
    Team My Man 2022:

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,570
    When did Sagan get dropped? He's not in green tomorrow.
  • DeadCalm

DeadCalm said:

Dumoulin ended up being first Jumbo over the line. Roglic was almost last in the bunch.
    Bennett lost a minute and a quarter and Kuss lost over two minutes.
    So, yeah, those pair certainly knocked it off.
    Lucky they didn't have an incident like Valverde. ;)

Dani Martinez shipped over three and a half minutes, so EF have old man Uran and young boy Higuita left in contention.
    How do we think Dumoulin got back in? We didn't see it so we'll just have to surmise for now. Possibly, he rode the finale a good 30 seconds faster than anyone else all on his own despite Ineos and Astana hammering it on the front, in which case, he's now the favourite in my eyes. Or, perhaps, just perhaps, Jumbo's support riders, Kuss and Bennett, dropped back and sacrificed themselves to bring one of their two team leaders back into the bunch.
    Team My Man 2022:

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388

Ah Sugar, really??

Thought that was a pretty good chase back on
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver