Grand Départ 2020 - Stage 2: Nice Haut Pays - Nice 186 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,100
    Thought we might have seen some teams trying to put Pinot and other bashed up riders under pressure. There's still time I guess.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,563

Luke Rowe with a classy hand-swing for an Israel rider behind him. He was dropping back to the team car and left a gap, so helped the guy close it.

They'll probably kick him off the race for it based on previous form.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,327
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Pross
    Was that Pedersen going out the back just after Ned was saying he hadn't been seen all day?
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,861
    40 rpm stuff
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Cosenfroy completely blown.
    Emptied his suitcase full of panache on that ridiculously long attack for the first KoM points.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Pross said:

Was that Pedersen going out the back just after Ned was saying he hadn't been seen all day?

He's last man in the peloton.
    There's an autobus behind.
  • DeadCalm
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • Pross

Cosenfroy completely blown.
    Emptied his suitcase full of panache on that ridiculously long attack for the first KoM points.

Fighting back now
  • Pross
    Kristoff finally cracks, maybe we'll see how well sprinters descend for a change.
  • Pross
    Excellent come back by Cosenfroy.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Pross said:

Kristoff finally cracks, maybe we'll see how well sprinters descend for a change.

Sneak viking attack on the Lanterne. He's got Mads P and Mørkøv with him.
  • Pross said:

Excellent come back by Cosenfroy.

He must have packed an overnight bag as well.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,042
    edited August 2020
    Sagan with his fesse entre deux chaises as the say
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • mididoctors
    French lad did well there . I was wondering how Kom was going to pan.out .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • DeadCalm
    Sagan looks like he's really loving that climb lol.
    Team My Man 2022:

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    All the Chapeaux to Cosnefroy. Epic Ride!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,712
    Love it.

Dull stage.
  • Pross
    Must be something up with those gaps surely? Kristoff was showing 3 minutes down over the top of the climb and is now 4 minutes down after a short part of the descent.
  • Afternoon all, just got in, have I missed anything?
  • mididoctors
    Bun fight on the descent
  • mididoctors
    edited August 2020
    Every one has worked out attacking downhill is the new attacking uphill
  • Pross

Afternoon all, just got in, have I missed anything?

Not really. Interesting KoM battle and Kristoff doing his best to hold on to the top of the second 1st cat climb but ultimately failing.
  • mididoctors
    Gaps on the switchbanks
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    This descent is blawdy nuts.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • DeadCalm
    Spectacular coverage of this descent from the helicopter.
    Team My Man 2022:

• Pross
    Pogacar mechanical.

Superb overhead shot, looked like one of those pictures with the staircase where you can't tell which way is up and which is down.
  • DeadCalm
    Oh no. Pogacar mechanical.
    Team My Man 2022:

• Man I want to have a go at this descent, it looks spectacular.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,565
    What happened to Mads today?
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.