Ineos on the front - normal service resumed :smiley:

erm..
    That's what the smiley was for...

Roglic. Phwoar.
    25 minutes ago - yup
    It was meant to be a joke, chill out.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Good impersonation of movistar by ineos there.

Mega jumbo
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,701
    edited August 2020
    A thumbs up for Guillame Martin too.
    10th yesterday, 4th today.

Bernal given the ST as the finishing group.

Pinot and Buchmann nick 2 seconds.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162

josame said:

josame said:

Ineos on the front - normal service resumed :smiley:

erm..
    That's what the smiley was for...

Roglic. Phwoar.
    25 minutes ago - yup
    It was meant to be a joke, chill out.
    :D
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    gweeds said:

I assume The Clinic is going mental about Jumbo? They’re making it look very very easy.

They did look very impressive. And they played the tactics quite well letting Ineos take it up and then still having numbers afterwards.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Who thinks jumbo are going to fade? Not me .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Kuss has one hell of a poker face.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • josame
    Froome aint going to the tour -nooo way
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • josame said:

Thomas is still a bit off, but he's way off.
    Kwiatkowski did so much of the work.

I can see Carapaz being drafted in at this rate.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,235
    josame said:

Definitely looked to me like he was suffering for some time before he eventually popped.

Dumoulin doesn't look in much better shape.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

Who thinks jumbo are going to fade? Not me .

Not fade, but they are ahead of the others. And the other are catching up. Most of their riders could train outside all summer and they supposedly did a ludicrously large training camp prior to the season.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • josame
    RichN95. said:

I can't help feeling that the Ineos-Jumbo battle might turn out a bit like this

Free edit
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,235
    josame said:

RichN95. said:

I can't help feeling that the Ineos-Jumbo battle might turn out a bit like this

Free edit
    Well I assume Harrison Ford is Jumbo, right?
  • josame
    :D that would be telling
  • Rog on another level at the moment. Elephant in the room is 3rd week form I guess. Overwhelming favourite currently though
  • The problem was that they were all looking fine, but then all blew within a couple of kms of each other.
    Definitely think that Jumbo had tactically decided to attack as soon as Ineos reached the last man standing, (Sivakov) confidence is so high.
  • bobmcstuff

Rog on another level at the moment. Elephant in the room is 3rd week form I guess. Overwhelming favourite currently though

I think the only concern would be he might be running a bit hot a bit early? If he's that far ahead of everyone else now. Potential Yates-esque collapse.

Otherwise, it's hard to see anyone else coming close.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,756
    Watching on catch up. Why is there a cooking show on Eurosport?

Oh, and very impressive from Roglic, and another great piece of mystery riding from Ineos.
  • Rog on another level at the moment. Elephant in the room is 3rd week form I guess. Overwhelming favourite currently though

I think the only concern would be he might be running a bit hot a bit early? If he's that far ahead of everyone else now. Potential Yates-esque collapse.

Otherwise, it's hard to see anyone else coming close.
    That’s exactly my thoughts. It’s like they’re either going to steamroll the tour or blow up spectacularly in the 3rd week
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625
    Tour isn't that far away...
  • I was expecting a bit more from Bernal if I’m honest, he hasn’t looked hugely convinced but I guess he is building to top form too. My worry would be how he manages tight, tactical situations. Maybe is talent will get him out of sticky situations though.
  • Here you go. The bus took a right bashing.

• josame
    edited August 2020
    When Thomas and Wiggins Froome and ‘cough’ Armstrong all won the Dauphine l didn’t once hear ‘ooh but are they peaking too soon’. And this years Dauphine is much closer to the tour! (Odd logic)
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    josame said:

When Thomas and Wiggins Froome and ‘cough’ Armstrong all won the Dauphine l didn’t once hear ‘ooh but are they peaking too soon’. And this years Dauphine is much closer to the tour! (Odd logic)

He does have a history of doing it.

Even if he has peaked, he's so far ahead that the gap could be too big to close.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • josame
    gsk82 said:

josame said:

He does have a history of doing it.

Even if he has peaked, he's so far ahead that the gap could be too big to close.
    Maybe - late to the sport, 5 GT’s (1 win and 1 4th) hard to tell.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,313
    Tadej Pogacar is finished.
  • Conditions were really desperate for Dan.

• bobmcstuff
    josame said:

I just said its the only possible concern... tough audience.