Unpopular Opinions

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Disappointed I wasn't taken to task for what I define as a beard and then a long pointless discussion on what makes a beard.

Standards are slipping on here
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 8,058
    I would like to take thid opportunity to take you to task for what you define as a beard and then a long pointless discussion on what makes a beard?
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

Disappointed I wasn't taken to task for what I define as a beard and then a long pointless discussion on what makes a beard.

troll gonna troll
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    I have a short beard as it looks neater than my stubble and I’m sure as Sh1te not shaving every day.
    Trim it to 5mm once a week. At the end of the week it shows the first signs of bushiness and has to go.

Btw, is this a nuanced phishing question?

I hate my bank account details. Who on here has interesting numbers?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

I think in all instances, beards look sh!t and scruffy.

Well I have beard with a nice handlebar moustache and I’m also old and retired. I wonder what else I can do to wind Rick up. It’s a pity I’m not nearer Cambridge as I could go out and give him a kicking out on the bike to really p!ss on his chips.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Trim most of it to number 1 once a week, no guard round the neck and edges, and trim the moustache. Not had a shave since 2017.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,958

If you'd posted an economist article about the popularity of the goatee and argued as though it applied to all facial hair, I'd have let you know.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,644
    If I was a ladyboy who couldn’t grow a beard or a decent amount of stubble I’d probably be anti beard too.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • rick_chasey

If you'd posted an economist article about the popularity of the goatee and argued as though it applied to all facial hair, I'd have let you know.
    https://www.economist.com/united-states/2015/11/14/pogonophilia

You ask, I deliever.

Pogonophiles are the most visible outgrowth of a broader trend. According to Mintel, a consultancy, 41% of American men do not shave daily, including half of those aged 18 to 24. Ralph Marburger of Just for Men, a hair-colouring company, says this is partly the result of increasingly casual workplaces, where clean chins are no longer mandatory. In some industries they may even attract suspicion.

Even better, they're American stats.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,644
    For deliberation

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    webboo said:

Well I have beard with a nice handlebar moustache and I’m also old and retired. I wonder what else I can do to wind Rick up. It’s a pity I’m not nearer Cambridge as I could go out and give him a kicking out on the bike to really p!ss on his chips.
    tell him about you car collection and garage and the fact that you use a whole room in your house to store old newspapers.

he'll explode with INCANDESCENT RAGE.

#FACT
    #papercentric
  • First.Aspect

You ask, I deliever.

Pogonophiles are the most visible outgrowth of a broader trend. According to Mintel, a consultancy, 41% of American men do not shave daily, including half of those aged 18 to 24. Ralph Marburger of Just for Men, a hair-colouring company, says this is partly the result of increasingly casual workplaces, where clean chins are no longer mandatory. In some industries they may even attract suspicion.

Even better you need a subscription to read it, so you can tell us what it means without ever being wrong.
  • MattFalle

You ask, I deliever.

Even better you need a subscription to read it, so you can tell us what it means without ever being wrong.
    interesting.....
  • webboo
    MattFalle said:

webboo said:

tell him about you car collection and garage and the fact that you use a whole room in your house to store old newspapers.

he'll explode with INCANDESCENT RAGE.

#FACT
    #papercentric
    Voting Tory might do it but that’s a step too far even to wind Rick up.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,157
    seanoconn said:

For deliberation

Since this is the topic of the day, I did not consider growing a beard until my ginger went grey. Mr. Markle should consider likewise.
    My most unpopular opinion is that I don't give a fig about other people's opinions.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • katani
    katani Posts: 140
    edited January 2023
    morstar said:

Who on here has interesting numbers?

My mobile phone number is made up of two sets of sequential digits. Every time I get asked what my mobile number is and I say it, there's a short giggle on the other side followed by: "are you kidding?". Surprisingly most people still manage to forget it.
  • MattFalle
    katani said:

morstar said:

Who on here has interesting numbers?

. Surprisingly most people still manage to forget it.
    that may say more about you than your number, tbh.
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 8,058

Personally, in my superior correct opinion, this dudes killing it.

• rick_chasey
    webboo said:

You should make the effort. I've quite enjoyed riding with people from the forum in the past.
  • webboo
    Might be tricky to arrange given you seem to spend most of your time hanging round railway stations. ;)
  • rick_chasey
    Offer is there. You seemed keen.
  • webboo
    It would be 163.8 miles for me to get to Cambridge. Even on a good day that’s just a bit too far. Don’t you come up North to see the wife’s relatives? I could meet you then.
  • rick_chasey
    I'll let you know when I get the bike rack for the car.
  • webboo
    I wouldn’t bother rushing as I will be out of action for a while come next week. As I’ve got hip replacement surgery next Wednesday.
  • rick_chasey
    I thought you were gonna give me a good kicking? come on.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,336
    With the other leg, obviously.

Hope the op goes well.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • First.Aspect
    Your left leg, I like. I've got nothing against your left leg....
  • webboo

I thought you were gonna give me a good kicking? come on.

If you want to head up here before next Wednesday it’s on even with a knackered hip.
  • MattFalle

I'll let you know when I get the bike rack for the car.

car? car?

why aren't you using a bus/train set up?

or having the bike delivered?
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,750

webboo said:

You should make the effort. I've quite enjoyed riding with people from the forum in the past.
    Didn't you struggle to keep up with some people from the forum in the past?