Any cricket lovers on here?

Comments

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,422
    JimD666 said:

It's looking a little worrisome for New Zealand at the moment. India going along nicely. 38 runs from the first 4 overs

And 58/0 inside 6

The world cup seems like a bit of a foregone conclusion doesn't it.
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293

JimD666 said:

It's looking a little worrisome for New Zealand at the moment. India going along nicely. 38 runs from the first 4 overs

And 58/0 inside 6

The world cup seems like a bit of a foregone conclusion doesn't it.
    It does a little. Feels like Australia would be the only team that may give them a run for their money.

Just not been enough close games this WC.
  • JimD666
    Bit of luck for New Zealand. Gill retired hurt.

Oh and Sir Viv Richards on TMS has made my morning.
  • bobmcstuff
    275/1 after 38 overs... could be well over 400.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,492
    Kohli's vanity slowing the rate again
  • bobmcstuff
    Good stand here so fat (touch wood). Still seems rather implausible!
  • Tashman
    Kiwis goin well so far
  • Tashman said:

Kiwis goin well so far

Did you post just before that shami over?
  • Tashman

Tashman said:

Kiwis goin well so far

Did you post just before that shami over?
    Haha, don't think so
  • JimD666
    The plus size lady is warming up her vocal cords
  • JimD666
    SA Vs Aus is shaping up to being a very different game than yesterday's semi.

SA won the toss at least and chose to bat (thankfully) 2-1 after 2 overs. Looks like a bit more in it for the bowlers
  • bobmcstuff
    edited November 2023
    SA super slow start... mental this. 10/2 after 7 overs, this is like a very slow test match!
  • JimD666
    SA and semi finals.... My oh my. 3 down. To early to say "chokers"?
  • JimD666
    To early I asked? Probably not. 4 down
  • They were chokers before the game stated and have only confirmed their status
  • SA will be hoping for two solid days of rain now.
  • These spinners are making it look like a good match here. Ball really gripping.
  • Tashman
    Love a tense low scoring game
  • 3 runs an over needed - I know, let's have a wild swish at the spinning ball
  • Not having Shamsi finish his overs has released the pressure a bit. Game's probably over now.
  • Not having Shamsi finish his overs has released the pressure a bit. Game's probably over now.

I wasn't accounting for everyone having a go at a mad swipe.

I wasn't accounting for everyone having a go at a mad swipe.

Absolutely bizarre.

Total inability to pace an innings at 3 runs an over
  • bobmcstuff
    I thought Australia are the most likely challengers to India, but it seems like a pretty foregone conclusion now anyway.

I think Australia need to bat first, put on as big a total as possible and hope India hole out chasing the run rate... If India bat first and put on 400 then that's it.
  • I thought Australia are the most likely challengers to India, but it seems like a pretty foregone conclusion now anyway.

I think Australia need to bat first, put on as big a total as possible and hope India hole out chasing the run rate... If India bat first and put on 400 then that's it.

rather than "as big as possible" they will judge what they think they will need. Assuming an average pitch then par would be 300 so I think they would target a target of 350 and I think they will explode trying to achieve that.

Give India the problem and target wickets. If I ndia has a weakness it is that they have no all rounder so the tail is long. They also only have 5 bowlers so either try and injure one of them or pray
  • JimD666
    England being fully represented at the final. Both standing umpires. Illingworth and Kettleborough.

That's something at least 🙃
  • bobmcstuff

I thought Australia are the most likely challengers to India, but it seems like a pretty foregone conclusion now anyway.

rather than "as big as possible" they will judge what they think they will need. Assuming an average pitch then par would be 300 so I think they would target a target of 350 and I think they will explode trying to achieve that.

Give India the problem and target wickets. If I ndia has a weakness it is that they have no all rounder so the tail is long. They also only have 5 bowlers so either try and injure one of them or pray
    Ja 6 batters 5 bowlers, nothing fancy.

But yeah that's easier than it sounds, but I agree, they need to get a big total in.

If India bat first I really think it'll be tough. Unless they get early and regular wickets, but I just don't see it without the scoreboard pressure - India haven't done that yet (actually closest was when they played England but we never capitalised).
  • JimD666
    Well the Aussies have won the toss and have chosen to bowl.
  • bobmcstuff
    JimD666 said:

Well the Aussies have won the toss and have chosen to bowl.

Don't really understand the logic as there doesn't seem to be a lot in the pitch. They got Gill but Kohli just hit 3 4s in a row 🤷‍♂️
  • bobmcstuff
    BBC pundits also shocked they chose to bowl I see.
  • bobmcstuff
    80/2 off the powerplay...

Good catch by Head.