Any cricket lovers on here?

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,396
    Would take 263 all out but there always just seems to be one partnership that means the Aussies score more than they should have.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,804
    Two down now.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Day two with sunny blue skies, should be the best day for batting...in theory.
  • mrb123

Day two with sunny blue skies, should be the best day for batting...in theory.

Problem is that Australia might be batting for most of it if we start badly this morning!

• mrb123
    Root out second ball of the day.
  • commuterlegs
    commuterlegs Posts: 271
    edited July 2023
    It's been about as bad a start as it could've been.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,423
    Bairstow has been about as much use as a chocolate teapot - one reasonable innings as a batter and dozens of dropped catches.

Hard to think of another player who's contributed so much to lost matches. Obviously there have been some other dropped catches but the keeper should be taking those and if he had taken them all 3 games would have been very different.
  • bobmcstuff
    Gah what was Ali doing playing the same shot twice in a row when he top edged the first one.

I thought he was looking pretty settled before that.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,977
    Another uneventful day in the ashes then.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,492
    Stokes is a machine isn't he?!!
  • Tashman
    Tashman said:

Stokes is a machine isn't he?!!

Jinxed that didn't I
  • verylonglegs
    Yes you did.
  • Pross
    Shame no-one wants to step up to support him. Being behind after the efforts of the bowlers yesterday is a disgrace.
  • commuterlegs
    commuterlegs Posts: 271
    Beginning to wonder if BazBall is the reason England have improved their test cricket, or just the fact they have Stokes.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,977
    Haha Broad gets Warner AGAIN!
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,752
    Up to third in the bunny league table. No idea how Atherton manages 3 of the top 4.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/records/bowler-batter-combinations-283450
  • Tashman

Up to third in the bunny league table. No idea how Atherton manages 3 of the top 4.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/records/bowler-batter-combinations-283450

To be fair to Athers, they're not bad bowlers to fall to.
  • bobmcstuff
    Bairstow needs to be dropped asap
  • If we do somehow win this match, will be interesting to see if Bairstow gets dropped. As he was picked for runs and hasn't scored any he really should be, regardless of what he does in the second innings.

My main worry is that England have got themselves into good positions or clawed their way back in every test, only to throw it away again.

Hopefully they will prove me wrong tomorrow!
  • verylonglegs
    Bairstow should need to deliver at least a second innings hundred to justify his selection. However he won't and it will have no consequences if he doesn't, it's clear he's playing all five tests regardless.

One thing I do hope is the game isn't reaching it's conclusion at the exact same time as the tour goes up the Puy de Dome, that would be most inconsiderate.
  • bobmcstuff
    Even if Bairstow manages a second innings ton I still don't think that undoes his shit catching.

He shouldn't be in the side (as a keeper at least) but we've been saying that about Crawley for ages and that's made no difference.

Poor performance and doesn't justify any of the hype.
  • verylonglegs
    England in the driving seat again.
  • True, but we have been here before in this series on several occasions!

I am going to make a bold prediction, and could end up looking daft. If England win this test I think they will go on and win the series.
  • verylonglegs
    Want them all out tonight but also I don't fancy England having to bat this evening too.
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    Last couple of wickets followed by a quick downpour would be handy
  • Pross
    Only rain can save Australia
  • Pross
    Head smashing it all over the place again.
  • JimD666
    251 to win.
    Could be easy.
    Should be easy.
    Probably won't be easy :)
  • Pross
    Made it safely to stumps at least
  • JimD666
    2 Days to get 251. And they're going at 5's. 🤯