David Millar

Comments

• Previous incarnation? Please enlighten us?
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Previous incarnation? Please enlighten us?

You seem to have missed several obvious references already. All that talk about bottoms must have distracted you..
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Imposter wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    On the upside, at least surfmatt now knows the phrase ‘sanctimonious hypocrite’...

And we also know you are a ladies front bottom to be ignored as a trolling fool.

Pointing out hypocrisy is never trolling, Matt - and you’re only butthurt because I called you out accurately. Don’t make me dig up your old posts from your previous incarnation...

woah woah woah - shut the front door & reverse the truck.

The MFs are not surfer cyclist - please do not think that. he's an utter tool - nothing to do with the MFs at all.

don't bring us into this - everyone knows the MFs opinion on dopey miller and to be frank, much like blue and yellow foamie, its a pretty dull subject. he's a newbie who knows it all and won't listen to any so so you're just wasting your time going round in circles. he seems to be a mate of Bungle tbh.

#dull
    #dopeycheat
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975

something which gets to me.

It's typical among those who have no talent for sport and never had to make tough decisions to unlock their potential... :wink:

He kept his potential unlocker in the fridge to remind himself how close he came to cheating lolololololol
  • imposter2.0
    Imposter wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    On the upside, at least surfmatt now knows the phrase ‘sanctimonious hypocrite’...

And we also know you are a ladies front bottom to be ignored as a trolling fool.

Pointing out hypocrisy is never trolling, Matt - and you’re only butthurt because I called you out accurately. Don’t make me dig up your old posts from your previous incarnation...

The MFs are not surfer cyclist - please do not think that. he's an utter tool - nothing to do with the MFs at all.

don't bring us into this - everyone knows the MFs opinion on dopey miller and to be frank, much like blue and yellow foamie, its a pretty dull subject. he's a newbie who knows it all and won't listen to any so so you're just wasting your time going round in circles. he seems to be a mate of Bungle tbh.

#dull
    #dopeycheat

I know it’s not you (didn’t say it was). Simply saying that this guy seems to share a lot of character traits with the infamous ‘surfmat’ or whatever his name was...
  • Matthewfalle
    Imposter wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

#dull
    #dopeycheat

I know it’s not you (didn’t say it was). Simply saying that this guy seems to share a lot of character traits with the infamous ‘surfmat’ or whatever his name was...

ah - now i get you. grazie. trying to think who the other dude you're referring to is....

#mindblank

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Ha! Sorry to disappoint but no idea who surfmat is etc. As for MF, yes mindblank sums him up.
  • imposter2.0
    Ha! Sorry to disappoint but no idea who surfmat is etc.

Like you’re going to admit it...
  • Imposter wrote:

You're a trolling idiot but unlikely you will admit it.
  • imposter2.0
    Imposter wrote:

You're a trolling idiot but unlikely you will admit it.

Your juvenile name-calling pretty much sums you up. A few more anatomical references and you could have a full house... :lol:
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Careful now Imposter, he won a surf contest, don't you know?
  • imposter2.0

Pah, I won a skateboarding medal when I was 14...same thing, innit..?
  • Matthewfalle
    Imposter wrote:

and he played octopush

#ally

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Imposter wrote:

and he played octopush

#ally

I did, google it as you won't have any idea.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Is it like air hockey, but underwater?
  • Is it like air hockey, but underwater?

Octopush is underwater hockey. Sounds crazy but it's genuine and superb for fitness as well as great fun.

Like I said, google it.
  • keith57
    keith57 Posts: 164
    Oh dear. Remember, this isn’t really ‘sport’ ... it just another business. Like all pro ‘sport’.

The pros ride bikes, up the same hills and roads ordinary people (like me) can ride up, but there the similarities end.

I do it for fun, they do it for money. Great fun to watch, inspiring, beautiful scenery, etc. But it’s not really ‘sport’ at all in my opinion. A rich team will always beat poorer teams, they have all of the best riders and usually (if they have enough cash) the leaders closest rivals. This is what Mercx & Armstong did, and now Ineos too, so it’s not really a ‘fair’ competition at all.

I enjoy it, but I don’t take it too seriously :-)

Just a very artificial game to sell advertising and TV time.
    http://www.fachwen.org
    https://www.strava.com/athletes/303457

Please note: I’ll no longer engage deeply with anonymous forum users :D
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,750
    Keith57 wrote:
    But it’s not really ‘sport’ at all in my opinion. A rich team will always beat poorer teams, they have all of the best players and usually (if they have enough cash) the leaders closest rivals.
    Well done!
    The best summary of football that I have read in some time.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,230
    Keith57 wrote:
    OA rich team will always beat poorer teams, they have all of the best riders and usually (if they have enough cash) the leaders closest rivals. This is what Mercx & Armstong did, and now Ineos too, so it’s not really a ‘fair’ competition at all.

Damn them with their best riders winning things. That's not what sport is about.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Keith57 wrote:
    But it’s not really ‘sport’ at all in my opinion. A rich team will always beat poorer teams, they have all of the best players and usually (if they have enough cash) the leaders closest rivals.
    Well done!
    The best summary of football that I have read in some time.

I was thinking of Man City as I read that too, but it surely applies to virtually any professional sporting discipline.

At the end of the day the winning rider still has to get round quicker than anyone else; it's an outstanding physical achievement, and it's generally entertaining to watch.
  • keith57
    keith57 Posts: 164
    keef66 wrote:
    ...At the end of the day the winning rider still has to get round quicker than anyone else; it's an outstanding physical achievement, and it's generally entertaining to watch.
    Yes, that’s all very true and I do like it too.

But when, say the person or persons, who could really challenge the eventual GC champion is on the same team working for them, it’s not really as exciting as it could be perhaps?

That’s the point I was trying to make. Applies to many pro ‘team’ sports I guess, not just bicycling :-)

In my mind I see it all as a bit ‘manufactured’ and a little artificial. Not as ‘real’ to me personally as say me and my mates tackling a big Alpine col together. Everyone sees things form their own personal perspective of course. Each one isn't better or worse than another, just different :-)
    http://www.fachwen.org
    https://www.strava.com/athletes/303457

Please note: I’ll no longer engage deeply with anonymous forum users :D
  • meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    Keith57 wrote:
    Oh dear. Remember, this isn’t really ‘sport’ ... it just another business. Like all pro ‘sport’.

The pros ride bikes, up the same hills and roads ordinary people (like me) can ride up, but there the similarities end.

I do it for fun, they do it for money. Great fun to watch, inspiring, beautiful scenery, etc. But it’s not really ‘sport’ at all in my opinion. A rich team will always beat poorer teams, they have all of the best riders and usually (if they have enough cash) the leaders closest rivals. This is what Mercx & Armstong did, and now Ineos too, so it’s not really a ‘fair’ competition at all.

I enjoy it, but I don’t take it too seriously :-)

Just a very artificial game to sell advertising and TV time.

Even as a known Marxist/Trotskyist/Anti-capitalst on here, I can't agree that pro sport is purely a business. As much as money motivates all of us in this mode of production, it doesn't usually motivate to excel. You have to love what you do to endure the pain of discipline. There is some interesting reading in Daniel Khanemans book

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11468377-thinking-fast-and-slow

https://hbr.org/2013/04/does-money-really-affect-motiv
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire
  • kangarouge
    kangarouge Posts: 210
    When I posted my comments about Mr Millar and the other commentators, I was and am genuinely concerned at the idea that known 'drug cheats' are used to mass communicate about cycle racing. Particularly when they offer hypocritical comments on what's good for the sport. I'm sure there is no shortage of 'clean' ex-pro's who could do the job just as well.
    (I hope so but perhaps I am just being naive).

I have been cycling for a long time and I suppose I am just 'Old School' and I have been surprised at how many posts do not share my views and offer more positive views to David Millar. I think perhaps I need to re-assess my own views and be more willing to forgive for past indiscretions. Possibly not be so black and white or hard. However, I would like to sincerely assure others, that this was never intended to be 'Trolling', especially as I hardly know what this phrase means.

Had I known that later posts would become somewhat acrimonious, I would not have placed the post in the first instance and for this I apologise. Perhaps it might be more wise of me in future to stick to more technical queries rather than what are definitely emotive subjects.
  • imposter2.0
    Yep - all of this is your fault...
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,230
    The effects of PED use are active for a long time.
  • Matthewfalle
    Kangarouge wrote:
    When I posted my comments about Mr Millar and the other commentators, I was and am genuinely concerned at the idea that known 'drug cheats' are used to mass communicate about cycle racing. Particularly when they offer hypocritical comments on what's good for the sport. I'm sure there is no shortage of 'clean' ex-pro's who could do the job just as well.

I have been cycling for a long time and I suppose I am just 'Old School' and I have been surprised at how many posts do not share my views and offer more positive views to David Millar. I think perhaps I need to re-assess my own views and be more willing to forgive for past indiscretions. Possibly not be so black and white or hard. However, I would like to sincerely assure others, that this was never intended to be 'Trolling', especially as I hardly know what this phrase means.

Had I known that later posts would become somewhat acrimonious, I would not have placed the post in the first instance and for this I apologise. Perhaps it might be more wise of me in future to stick to more technical queries rather than what are definitely emotive subjects.

your voews are correct - he is a liar, hypocrite and drug taking cheat.

#cheat

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    I like Millar.
  • imposter2.0
    NorvernRob wrote:
    I like Millar.

+1
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Kangarouge wrote:

A truly old school approach would involve a quote about bread and water, and a gallic shrug.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,750
    Jez mon wrote:
    A truly old school approach would involve a quote about bread and water, and a gallic shrug.
    PBlakeney wrote:
    #youcantdothisonbreadandwater

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.