TDF 2019, Stage 14: Tarbes > Tourmalet Barèges 20/07/2019 - 117,5 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,585
    Another Ineos rider has made it back, 5 of them now to 6 from Movistar. Not sure how much support Pinot has. A few Jumbo but they have been sitting quite far back throught.
  • So just tuned in. Bardet off the back? Oh dear... And A Yates was off the back on the Souloir?
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,864
    So just tuned in. Bardet off the back? Oh dear... And A Yates was off the back on the Souloir?

Bardet thrown the towel in more or less. MST looking wrecked.

Ineos hanging onto a Movistar surge.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    So just tuned in. Bardet off the back? Oh dear... And A Yates was off the back on the Souloir?

Yep, Movistar pushed the pace and caused a lot of problems.
  • Pross wrote:
    Superb ride by Sagan, there'll be a few riders who were hoping to recover in the valley cursing him.
    It doesn't happen all that often but I think there are few more impressive sights in cycling than Sagan going full gas for a long turn on the front. You can sense the sudden discomfort going through the whole peloton.
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:
    Superb ride by Sagan, there'll be a few riders who were hoping to recover in the valley cursing him.
    It doesn't happen all that often but I think there are few more impressive sights in cycling than Sagan going full gas for a long turn on the front. You can sense the sudden discomfort going through the whole peloton.

He's doing a great job for Buchmann both on the road and by keeping the pressure off him as he stays under the radar on GC.
  • Pross
    Leaders' group is far bigger than it was on the Soulor.
  • mididoctors
    its going to thin out
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    here we go...lining out
  • Pross
    Gesbert having a good day, looks really strong.
  • Pross
    edited July 2019
    Yates must be ill, out the back again before the proper racing starts.
  • mididoctors
    looking pacy...MST out the back.
  • mididoctors
    very fast early on this climb....a long way to go
  • Pross
    Movistar suddenly looking short of riders but partly as Quintana is so far back.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Muppetstar have lost Teeny Tana again.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Pross
    Nairo really does seem to need the comfort blanket of an Ineos wheel to sit on.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,815
    Dan Martin done
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    Martin getting dropped.
  • mididoctors
    dan martin going backwards
  • Pross
    Yates already 30 seconds down.
  • blazing_saddles
    Konrad cooked.
  • mididoctors
    its a hell of a long way to go
  • I’m stuck in a field with bugger all internet connection - this thread is invaluable, thanks all!
  • mididoctors
    Konrad cooked.

tried to get back went too deep
  • blazing_saddles
    Dan Martin does the rugby equivalent of a dummy. :)

Then falls over. :lol:
  • Pross
    Bernal not looking overly comfortable but then again no-one is.
  • mididoctors
    riders falling into a line...fast
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Shame to see Dan dropping off.
  • blazing_saddles
    Alaphillipe loses Devenyns
  • Pross
    Castro dropped but probably expected.