TDF 2019: Stage 6, Mulhouse > La Planche des Belles Filles 11/07/2019 - 160,5 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,571
    Rowe increases the pace.
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Ned implying that Luke Rowe moving to the front of the bunch spells trouble. Not sure who for, the break? Man's strong but he's no climber
  • Edet abandons, so he was sick after all.

Edit: Not going well :)
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    ShutupJens wrote:
    Ned implying that Luke Rowe moving to the front of the bunch spells trouble. Not sure who for, the break? Man's strong but he's no climber

For Luke Rowe at the very least.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • above_the_cows
    OK I am so out the loop, who the bejeezus are Arkea?*

Is it the Cornish branch of Ikea?

*Must travel for work less.
  • ShutupJens
    WHo's that 2D stick man in the rainbow stripes? Moved to the front with his cronies. Trouble for Luke Rowe
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,801
    Valverde seen ...movistar in play bluffed into it by ineos?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • above_the_cows
    ShutupJens wrote:
    WHo's that 2D stick man in the rainbow stripes? Moved to the front with his cronies. Trouble for Luke Rowe

I didn't see any man in rainbow stripes.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,222
    ShutupJens wrote:

Flat Alejanley?
  • mididoctors
    Someone had to up it
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    This stage has been so riveting that I've knocked out tomorrow's stage thread.
    Hopefully the racing will now start to warm up.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ShutupJens
    Someone had to up it

They did. Bora Hansgrohe join the party now, love those green shoes
  • ShutupJens
    Only just realised how weird the voiceover woman for the Viking Cruises advert sounds
  • mididoctors
    Peloton split
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Quite a split in the bunch. Millar thinks some have been caught out.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Can anyone see pinot
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,564
    I’ve been away with really patchy internet but what has happened to Simon Yates? His legs appear to have fallen off.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,222
    Col de Chevreres looks a bit of an interesting appetiser. Has potential for thinning things down quite a bit.
  • rick_chasey
    Gweeds wrote:
    I’ve been away with really patchy internet but what has happened to Simon Yates? His legs appear to have fallen off.

Shat himself.
  • ShutupJens
    Gweeds wrote:

He's here to help Adam in the final week. Not expected to do anything but build form until then
  • gweeds
    Gweeds wrote:

Shat himself.

Literally or metaphorically?
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • alanparsons
    alanparsons Posts: 529
    Gweeds wrote:
    Deliberately losing time to help Adam in week 3.
  • gweeds
    ShutupJens wrote:
    Gweeds wrote:

He's here to help Adam in the final week. Not expected to do anything but build form until then

Ahhhh ok
  • rick_chasey
    Gweeds wrote:
    Gweeds wrote:

Shat himself.

Literally or metaphorically?

Sorry, crap joke.
  • mididoctors
    Real fast now
  • mididoctors
    TDG going all in I think
  • mididoctors
    Bloody hell he is thin
  • ShutupJens
    Sagan still in the bunch!
  • mididoctors
    There's pinot
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,558
    OK I am so out the loop, who the bejeezus are Arkea?*

Is it the Cornish branch of Ikea?

*Must travel for work less.

They have Barguil and Greipel.

Long ago they were Bretagne–Séché Environnement, then Fortuneo-something for a while. Now Arkea-Samsic

I quite like the kit:
    veste-hiver-thermique-pro-cycling-team-arkea-samsic-ekoi.jpg

Arkea themselves are a Breton Cooperative/Mutual Bank/Insurance Company
    Samsic are a Breton business services company and are France's second largest cleaning company.