TDF 2019: Stage 5, 10/7/2019 - 175,5 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    Richeze upset that Bora are pushing on when D Martin is towards the back after a mechanical.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,867
    Kicking off
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Groups falling off the back every where
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Riquewhir.

Riquewihr-1129x752.jpg.optimal.jpg

Does it come with a man paying the pipes and charming rodents and small children?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • mididoctors
    GC teams coming to the front
  • above_the_cows
    Some of these roads are as challenging The World's Prettiest Road™ from a few years ago.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,816
    Riquewhir.

Riquewihr-1129x752.jpg.optimal.jpg

Does it come with a man paying the pipes and charming rodents and small children?

You get more pie eyed than piper there, especially when the grapes are fermenting in the cellars.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • above_the_cows
    You get more pie eyed than piper there, especially when the grapes are fermenting in the cellars.

My kind of town!
  • blazing_saddles
    All the pure sprinters have been dropped.
  • mididoctors
    Sprinters eliminated
  • mididoctors
    Wurtz dropped up front
  • mididoctors
    Skujns takes off ...wellens cracking. Peloton shredding riders
  • Riders being spat out all over the place now.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    Not sure I can totally get on board with Ned's pronunciation of Skujins (much as I'm sure it's correct):

450px-ESC_2007_UK_Scooch_-_Flying_the_flag_%28for_you%29.jpg
  • blazing_saddles
    A busy climb, that.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Lemond reckons Valverde is 5kg lighter :shock:
    Shoe in for gc win.
    I think he'll lose strength by losing this much weight. Can't have it all :(
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • mididoctors
    jerry3571 wrote:
    Sunweb need to get behind Matthews even if he is a knob

Shoe in for gc win.

I heard valverde has lost 7 kg but I doubt sunweb will get behind him
  • mididoctors
    The amount of weight valverde has dropped gets more every time I hear it
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    This is like the reverse of the Dumoulin threads where he got 2kg heavier every ride
  • blazing_saddles
    edited July 2019
    Next up Turckheim. Where most of the supermarkets get their supply of this.

la-boutique-vins-baur-turckheim-alsace.jpg
  • blazing_saddles
    jerry3571 wrote:
    Shoe in for gc win.

Is that with or without the extra pint?
  • rick_chasey
    So we think Alaphilippe is gonna take a flyer on the final climb?
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,266
    I think he can stay away.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,329

The fact I didn't make him fantasy captain for the day says yes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    Zakarin parking up
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,329
    Zakarin dropped and not looking like he really fancies a couple more weeks of this, but harder.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors

No
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    Not sure I can totally get on board with Ned's pronunciation of Skujins (much as I'm sure it's correct):

450px-ESC_2007_UK_Scooch_-_Flying_the_flag_%28for_you%29.jpg

Skujins now flying the flag. It's white.
  • rick_chasey
    Fair.
  • mididoctors
    Ebh grovelling attempt to get back on