TDF 2019: Stage 1, Bruxelles > Brussel, 06/07/2019 - 194,5 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,788
    Going to push till the sprint I think
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,520
    Split

Not big enough
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,700
    Viviani mechanical puts him into chase mode
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,114
    Cobbles has caused chaos with the whole Ineos squad making the front group of about 30-40.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,528
    Splits all over the place, Bora making it hard, there's a bit of wind but not enough to make anything stick. Bora looking for the intermediate sprint.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,520
    Kristoff mechanical too
  • Pross
    edited July 2019
    Dan Martin is losing time and looks unlikely to get back.

Front 2 groups have merged.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Dan Martin caught well behind.
  • mididoctors
    Who's out the back?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    The average tour riding proving to be rubbish on the cobbles. Several splits with Kristoff also out the back.
  • Pross
    edited July 2019
    Who's out the back?

Yates (Simon).
  • mididoctors
    Thank god for Bora
  • mididoctors
    Pross wrote:
    Who's out the back?

Yates (Simon).

Adam?
  • mididoctors
    Good edit
  • Pross
    Geraint moved up so smoothly when Bora started stretching things out. Nibali was right at the front too.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Sagan takes the intermediate, well played Bora.
  • Pross
    Rowe is making an early bid for the Lanterne Rouge by being the only Ineos rider in the back group. All quiet on the front now though.
  • mididoctors
    edited July 2019
    Who is going to persist with the effort
  • blazing_saddles
    All sat up so everybody will get back.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Martin 1'19" behind, though peloton have sat up now.
  • blazing_saddles
    Having said that they are 80 seconds back...
  • mididoctors
    New break...
  • mididoctors
    Too scared by the TTT to make the effort ?
  • Pross
    Dan Martin 1.19 back, Millar thinks they'll get back but it will take it out of them. I'm not convinced but the peloton has completely sat up so there's a chance. Kristoff and Viviani also in that group but no other GC contenders as far as I can tell.
  • mididoctors
    Good course design with the sprint placement after that pave?
  • mididoctors
    Gruppo compacto
  • mididoctors
    edited July 2019
    Rosetto takes a punt
  • Gruppo compacto

Grande please and a Florentine
  • mididoctors
    Over easy
  • Rossetto . My man !