TDF 2019: Stage 1, Bruxelles > Brussel, 06/07/2019 - 194,5 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,788
    Surprising group . I guess if GVA takes the jersey on the murr it's something. Interesting to see if he goes for the koms
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    did some of the riders genuinely just stop for a pee break? :oops: see Kirby has picked Colbrelli for the win today
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,700
    Pross wrote:
    Anti-climatic start then, didn't see the peloton allowing the first 5 riders to try being allowed to ride away.

So much for inside info. Team in question not in the break.

Eurosport opening with Hatch and Kelly, so a quick check of the International feed and it could be happy days all round.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    awavey wrote:
    did some of the riders genuinely just stop for a pee break? :oops: see Kirby has picked Colbrelli for the win today

Time honoured way of letting the break get away properly. Which team started it (good suggestion as to who's in charge right now)?
  • specialgueststar
    specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
    edited July 2019
    Meurisse has very good form
  • mididoctors
    A lot of teams thinking TTT I suppose . Take no risks mentality
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Ineos assuming the role.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,808
    Pross wrote:
    Anti-climatic start then, didn't see the peloton allowing the first 5 riders to try being allowed to ride away.

Happens every year. I toyed with suggesting 4 or 6 man break, but it's always the first break that goes, then the big teams block the road
  • mididoctors
    That crosswind stage one where Quintana lost the race wasn't text book
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,808
    That's because it was Stage 2, Rohan Dennis had won the Time Trial Stage One the day before
  • mididoctors
    That's because it was Stage 2, Rohan Dennis had won the Time Trial Stage One the day before
    :D good memory
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,520
    Baller ride by Greg.
  • mididoctors
    Well CCC have had there tour has GVA sat up?
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    GVA deciding his work's done for the day. Don't blame him, really.
  • mididoctors
    Pushing the pace on narrow roads
  • mididoctors
    Race fragmented a little over the two climbs . Coming back together.
  • Wanty on new Cube bikes nice. Like the Kuota too. Behane looks good
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I'm not one too wish ill of riders, but this Tour will be better off if "Ion Gottlich" breaks a femur sooner rather than later.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,440
    RichN95 wrote:
    I'm not one too wish ill of riders, but this Tour will be better off if "Ion Gottlich" breaks a femur sooner rather than later.

That and Carlton Kirby, mean I've switched to ITV4. I expect I'll stay there for the rest of the race.
  • blazing_saddles
    RichN95 wrote:

This
    andyp wrote:

That and Carlton Kirby, mean I've switched to ITV4. I expect I'll stay there for the rest of the race.

and this.
  • mididoctors
    RichN95 wrote:
    long way to Paris
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    is this arty or just blurry :D
  • mididoctors
    Positioning for the cobbles
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,520
    Always feels weird watching Belgian racing outside of March and April
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,528
    Speed's going up as well.

Crashes soon I reckon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    Bora giving it a go
  • blazing_saddles
    Eurosport miss the cobbles for an ad break. :lol:
  • mididoctors
    Nearly. They need a extra km I think
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,528
    No crashes, but Viviani with a puncture
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    Viviani mechanical