Chris Froome

167891012»

• RichN95.RichN95. Posts: 22,543

RichN95. said:

So a question to the forum folk - what do you think Chris will do once he is no longer racing?

I think he'll go back to Africa and become involved in conservation projects. Like Kevin Pietersen has. He still pop up at cycling events, but I doubt he'll be involved beyond lending his name to projects.
    Yes good. Glad the forum agrees. Had a debate the other day and they were adamant he'd be a great DS and that he LOVES cycling which felt very wide of the mark.

Yeah, big stars rarely become DSs (Saronni & Riis the only two off the top of my head). I feel Cavendish may be an exception
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • bobmcstuffbobmcstuff Posts: 7,712
    ddraver said:

ddraver said:

Hedge fund manager probably...

Hmm.

Possibly a company in that area would want his name associated with them, but they don't just let anyone be a fund manager. He never finished his degree I don't think?
    I think you might have taken me a little over seriously...

I can certainly see him ending up in an uber-corporate financial setting somewhere. I certainly don't see him running a bike shop/cafe anywhere

(or being a DS...)

new formatting's cool...
    Well the new forum update didn't include a method for telling when people are being serious...
  • ddraverddraver Posts: 19,287
    :p
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
    edited 3 November
    Footage has emerged that suggests he may not be cut out for coaching. I think he got the "Don't crash, don't crash" advice from Nicolas Portal

Embeded tweets! I'm very much liking this new forum.
  • ridgeriderridgerider Posts: 2,746
    edited 3 November
    Oh dear... The old forum was very much a text based level playing field. I fear the new one is going to create gaps between those who know this multi media stuff, and me.
    Half man, Half bike...and now more familiar with the work of Prostate Cancer UK
    edited 9 November
    This is a fair chunk of metal

• m.r.m.m.r.m. Posts: 1,548
    It's needed to work with the magnets in the wheels. ;)
    PTP Champion 2019
  • joe2019joe2019 Posts: 14
    RichN95. said:

Footage has emerged that suggests he may not be cut out for coaching. I think he got the "Don't crash, don't crash" advice from Nicolas Portal

Embeded tweets! I'm very much liking this new forum.
    Has a limp when he knows he's on camera, but forgets to limp when he walks in at the end ;)

edited 10 November
    Delete