• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,056
    rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

They were hardly very private if they spoke to a BBC journo about one of their clients. Given how important client confidentiality is for that sort of clientelle, who would want to bank with Coutts after this?

Because he was spouting off, right?

This didn't come about because Coutts started discussing him and his private finances. The opposite.

This is part of the risk they were trying to evaluate and figured it wasn't worth it given he was below threshold.

Clearly they hadn't necessarily expected him to go public with it (who would want to admit they're now too poor for Coutts?), but that is literally part of the reputation risk.

If I whine about Coutts not banking me, no-one is gonna listen to me. That's the difference.
    Nope, Alison Rose was doing the spouting it would seem.

And as I said above, PR own goal.
    No, you've got the wrong end of the stick here.

Farage made a claim first, in public. He kicked it off.
    If Coutts hadn't written the report about Farage then he wouldn't have had much to spout about.

And allegedly Rose leaked confidential info to a BBC journo.
    How do you leak something that isn't true?
    Embarrassing for Coutts but he's still dumped. Something for everyone.
    Possibly deliberate disinformation? In any event a breach of client confidentiality.
    Tinfoil on standby. Have you considered that Jack might have been mistaken.
    Who's Jack?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,227
    Stevo_666 said:

Who's Jack?

As in the amount of shite anyone with an IQ > single digit gives about Niggly Fartrage being victimised by those woke lefty high value private wbankers?
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

Who's Jack?

As in the amount of shite anyone with an IQ > single digit gives about Niggly Fartrage being victimised by those woke lefty high value private wbankers?
    What are you on about?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,336
    Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

They were hardly very private if they spoke to a BBC journo about one of their clients. Given how important client confidentiality is for that sort of clientelle, who would want to bank with Coutts after this?

Because he was spouting off, right?

This didn't come about because Coutts started discussing him and his private finances. The opposite.

This is part of the risk they were trying to evaluate and figured it wasn't worth it given he was below threshold.

Clearly they hadn't necessarily expected him to go public with it (who would want to admit they're now too poor for Coutts?), but that is literally part of the reputation risk.

If I whine about Coutts not banking me, no-one is gonna listen to me. That's the difference.
    Nope, Alison Rose was doing the spouting it would seem.

And as I said above, PR own goal.
    No, you've got the wrong end of the stick here.

Farage made a claim first, in public. He kicked it off.
    If Coutts hadn't written the report about Farage then he wouldn't have had much to spout about.

And allegedly Rose leaked confidential info to a BBC journo.
    How do you leak something that isn't true?
    Embarrassing for Coutts but he's still dumped. Something for everyone.
    Possibly deliberate disinformation? In any event a breach of client confidentiality.
    Tinfoil on standby. Have you considered that Jack might have been mistaken.
    Who's Jack?
    Simon Jack, the journalist who incorrectly reported the story.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Stevo is not a details person (unless tax related) in case you hadn't realised
  • Stevo_666

Stevo is not a details person (unless tax related) in case you hadn't realised

I can do details where it's important. It was more about RJS being clear in his posting.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,968
    I'm watching the Tour.

I'm intrigued as to why anyone would drive up a mountain, wait half the day for the riders coming through, and then stand on the inside of a bend so that they don't get a view of a more than two seconds.

It's not as if this (on many instances) was the only place available to stand. I just don't get it.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Stevo_666
    capt_slog said:

I'm watching the Tour.

I'm intrigued as to why anyone would drive up a mountain, wait half the day for the riders coming through, and then stand on the inside of a bend so that they don't get a view of a more than two seconds.

It's not as if this (on many instances) was the only place available to stand. I just don't get it.

Makes no difference to the level of entertainment?
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,750
    What are the signs that a bike advertised on gumtree, ebay etc. is stolen?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,393

Limited technical detail on the bike, price in the too good to be true category then there are other scams too so avoid meeting someone in person in a remote location, do a search on any images in case they've simply been taken from another ad (bike doesn't exist). If it's stolen but being sold by someone who knows their stuff it's hard, all you can do is ask for something proving ownership or maybe some pictures of the person selling it actually riding it in an event.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,750
    edited July 2023
    Pross said:

Limited technical detail on the bike, price in the too good to be true category then there are other scams too so avoid meeting someone in person in a remote location, do a search on any images in case they've simply been taken from another ad (bike doesn't exist). If it's stolen but being sold by someone who knows their stuff it's hard, all you can do is ask for something proving ownership or maybe some pictures of the person selling it actually riding it in an event.
    Thanks. I'm looking at kids' bikes though, so I'm not expecting any expertise in the listing.
  • Jezyboy
    Jezyboy Posts: 3,560

Pross said:

Thanks. I'm looking at kids' bikes though, so I'm expecting not expecting any expertise in the listing.
    I'd guess (if on Facebook) do they look like they have children of the right sort of age to be getting rid of a kids bike?
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,960

Cash only? Collect at pre agreed rural location? Odd email address such as Mickeyfingers at Gmail.com? Other items available include a TV and laptop?
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 20,002
    Not sure where to put this, but whilst the southern half of Europe burns, in Switzerland... still, I'm sure that Wrecker Frost is right that global warming will prevent deaths from cold in Britain.

• focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 8,062
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpzJnrwob1A

UAP/UFO sightings n' stuff, more the credible witnesses and the fact it's getting congresses attention.

Personally I've never seen anything out of the ordinary myself. Apart from Elon Musk's greatness (could be other worldly).
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpzJnrwob1A

UAP/UFO sightings n' stuff, more the credible witnesses and the fact it's getting congresses attention.

Personally I've never seen anything out of the ordinary myself. Apart from Elon Musk's greatness (could be other worldly).

I’ve always suspected he’s a Clingon.
  • focuszing723
    edited July 2023
    One bloke being interviewed by Congress with credentials is claiming the Yanks have UAP's and reverse engineering the $h1t akin to that film with Will Smith in. I mean they're not calling him a nutter either. Lots of ifs, buts and whys...

I don't think anyone would argue there is intelligent matter in the Universe which far supercedes Humanities evolution. It's just a simple case of Earth's relative young age and the 700 quintillion of planet possibilities.
  • focuszing723
    Enter David Grusch, a former intelligence official who worked with the Pentagon’s task force looking into unidentified aerial phenomena, which is how the government often refers to U.F.O.s. Mr. Grusch, in sworn testimony to the committee, said that longstanding covert programs within the U.S. government possess materials of nonhuman origin that were taken from crash sites.

“I was informed in the course of my official duties of a multidecade U.A.P. crash retrieval and reverse engineering program to which I was denied access,” Mr. Grusch said, using an abbreviation for unidentified aerial phenomena.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/26/us/politics/ufo-hearing.html
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,196

I always use Paypal so that it's 'insured'. So if the seller doesn't offer it and I can't go and see it, I don't bother.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • webboo
    Why we get regular fly overs by Ospreys here in East Yorkshire when the nearest base where they might be based is in Suffolk. But then again some sources claim there isn’t any in the UK.
  • focuszing723
    edited July 2023
    I do find David Favour and Alex Dietrich testiments compelling. Credible fighter pilots, why make it up and why risk being mocked and chalked up as loons?

They don't assume anything either they are just reporting what they saw and there capabilities. Clearly that should be taken seriously on many fronts.
  • webboo
    They don’t show up on flight radar. However why do they need to be dropping off covert troops in the East Riding unless it’s the coming again of Henry of Bolingbroke.
  • focuszing723
    webboo said:

They don’t show up on flight radar. However why do they need to be dropping off covert troops in the East Riding unless it’s the coming again of Henry of Bolingbroke.

Training and moving supplies. If they were doing anything covert you wouldn't see them being tracked.
  • webboo

webboo said:

Training and moving supplies. If they were doing anything covert you wouldn't see them being tracked.
    You could see them but we couldn’t but you are a mate of Musky’s. Enough said 😉😎🤫
  • focuszing723
    edited July 2023
    The media diversion theory sounds wrong because the general public aren't interested as evident here.
  • focuszing723
    edited July 2023
    webboo said:

webboo said:

You could see them but we couldn’t but you are a mate of Musky’s. Enough said 😉😎🤫
    Oi, what about the UAP/UFO's?

I get it "I will believe it when I see it."
  • focuszing723
    Perhap people want to be blissful which is understandable.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    edited July 2023

I do find David Favour and Alex Dietrich testiments compelling. Credible fighter pilots, why make it up and why risk being mocked and chalked up as loons?

They don't assume anything either they are just reporting what they saw and there capabilities. Clearly that should be taken seriously on many fronts.

Not really. US military is always front and centre on ‘credible’ UFO sightings.

It’s a deliberate policy of misinformation that’s been in use by the US for decades.

Cloud the world with loads of stories about alien encounters and weird objects so when somebody sees a ‘flying triangle’ (I.e. stealth fighter when it’s in test), it’s just more noise in the UFO realm.
  • webboo

webboo said:

webboo said:

Oi, what about the UAP/UFO's?

I get it "I will believe it when I see it."
    We could see them in the real world but they didn’t show on the tracker.
    I know you and the real world are some times distant cousins Salty but trust me they were there.