Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,204
    edited November 2022
    I have this on my wall in A3 size.
    It works too.

But the image is pants on here.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Yep, like that. Perhaps it's the contrast and vivid colour I like.
  • pinno
    That's odd.

If you type something between 2 > < of these (swapped) around, the word is blank.

• pinno
    <>
  • pinno
  • pinno
    Ha ha ^
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 8,066
    edited November 2022
    Yep, it's the html code syntax.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,227
    A 'glass' as a unit of measure. Is this Grease-Smug territory?

8 glasses may be too much. Is that a pint glass or a wee shot glass?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-63755475
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Well, the scientist bloke is based in Aberdeen and seen as they spend 8 months per year knee deep in water (which is absorbed through the skin), I don't give his findings much credibility.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 20,053
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

Well, the scientist bloke is based in Aberdeen and seen as they spend 8 months per year knee deep in water (which is absorbed through the skin), I don't give his findings much credibility.

I was stunned by the revelation that "People with a higher water turnover usually need to drink more water."
  • pinno

pinno said:

orraloon said:

I was stunned by the revelation that "People with a higher water turnover usually need to drink more water."
    What does that actually mean?

#blondemoment
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 20,053
    pinno said:

pinno said:

orraloon said:

#blondemoment

I think it means you need to drink water when you're thirsty.
  • pinno

pinno said:

pinno said:

orraloon said:

#blondemoment

I think it means you need to drink water when you're thirsty.
    Mind blowing.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,182
    Can we also debunk the "lose 50% of heat" by your head?
    The study was done with the subject wearing a thermal body suit and an uncovered head.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,405
    Looking at local properties and came across a typical Valleys terraced place that has recently been refurbished including a new kitchen. Who thought that this kitchen layout made any kind of sense? I'm not excatly found cooking very often but even I can see major flaws with the location of that hob!

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,996
    I think they are more microwave sort of people.
  • I would be tentative stepping on the mats in the middle of the floor as they probably did not have enough flooring also
  • I guess they wanted the extractor straight to the outside wall, but really....

(I wanted a closer look, and there's an interesting decision been made on where to put the TV as well.)
  • Pross
    edited December 2022
    Yeah, that television was bizarre.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,633
    Oh ffs
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,781
    That plug lead for the toaster or microwave is unsettling me
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • Pross
    It seems really odd to take a place back to brick, as they seem to have done, then not get the basics of layout right putting it back together. If I bought that place I would need to rip that kitchen out which feels really wasteful but it’s actually dangerous like that.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,633
    Pross said:

It seems really odd to take a place back to brick, as they seem to have done, then not get the basics of layout right putting it back together. If I bought that place I would need to rip that kitchen out which feels really wasteful but it’s actually dangerous like that.

Nonsense. I can't see what could go wrong, reaching over the gas hob to get to the microwave or cram some bread into the toaster.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Pross
    Or reaching the rear right gas ring to stir a pot while the others are simmering away.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,372
    We have a file of this sort of thing at work. There's a kind of grim fascination with just how wrong people can be.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Pross
    Also, why has grey become the colour of choice for wannabe “property developers” who flip houses? I understand and like the idea of being neutral and leaving a blank canvas for a purchaser but why is grey now the colour of choice? They all seem to have the same grey carpet, grey woodwork, probably a grey ‘feature wall’ and often a grey kitchen which looks drab rather than neutral to me.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,182
    Grey is the new magnolia.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    Pross said:

Also, why has grey become the colour of choice for wannabe “property developers” who flip houses? I understand and like the idea of being neutral and leaving a blank canvas for a purchaser but why is grey now the colour of choice? They all seem to have the same grey carpet, grey woodwork, probably a grey ‘feature wall’ and often a grey kitchen which looks drab rather than neutral to me.

When I walk to my mum's place I often walk over Wimbledon Common and down the hill to hers, a lot of the older houses have been bought, demolished and had new builds put up. Some have obviously changed hands fairly recently but have just been done up a bit, you can tell the ones that have had the same owner for years as the front doors and windows aren't dark grey.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,372
    pblakeney said:

Grey is the new magnolia.

Yep, just a fashion. I blame Farrow and Ball*. A few years back we had a string of three or four clients who got a F&B consultation on what colours they should use and all came back with more or less the same three shades of grey.

*An absolute marketing triumph.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Pross
    I don’t get the point in laying carpet at all if you’re in the house flipping business. I would probably end up taking up the carpet and replacing it with a colour of my choice or laminate flooring. I would leave it uncarpeted and offer whatever I would have spent laying carpet to the purchaser towards the flooring of their choice.