Seemingly trivial things that intrigue you

Comments

• Can anyone do bikle? My knowledge of five letter cyclists is too limited.

I just got today's in four guesses.
    It's quite difficult to fail, to be honest.
    I just can't come up with enough 5 letter cyclists.
    As long as what you enter isn't a cyclist, it's not accepted so if I use the ones with vowels in to work out what's there, it's then a question of filling in the gaps with what sounds like it might be a name. Over and over.
    I've been enjoying Worldle and playing crosswordle. I gave up on bikle.
    Quordle is the perfect blend.

I still got 100% on bikle, and was surprised that I knew 75% of the names. Surprised I'd forgotten about Fonzi if I ever knew.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,227
    Hey, Fonzie is cool.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,422

An AI site that will write things for you.

https://beta.openai.com/examples

I asked it to write me an angry bikeradar post about carlton kirby's commentary:

What is Carlton Kirby thinking? His commentary during the race today was terrible. He was constantly making comments about the riders' abilities and how they were performing, and it was really getting on my nerves. He's not a rider, so he doesn't know what he's talking about. And he's not even very good at providing analysis. He just makes random comments that don't really add anything to the race. I wish he would just shut up and let us enjoy the race.
    Meh, that's just scoured the CK thread on Pro Race and summarised all the comments (with the rare praise from idiots who don't know better removed).
  • Pross said:

I asked it to write me an angry bikeradar post about carlton kirby's commentary:

What is Carlton Kirby thinking? His commentary during the race today was terrible. He was constantly making comments about the riders' abilities and how they were performing, and it was really getting on my nerves. He's not a rider, so he doesn't know what he's talking about. And he's not even very good at providing analysis. He just makes random comments that don't really add anything to the race. I wish he would just shut up and let us enjoy the race.
    Meh, that's just scoured the CK thread on Pro Race and summarised all the comments (with the rare praise from idiots who don't know better removed).

When it comes to artificial intelligence, or AI, Pross is a skeptic. While many people believe that AI is the future of computing, Pross is not convinced.

"I don't think AI is really that great," Pross said. "I mean, I've tried a few AI generators and they just don't seem that smart."

Pross is not alone in this belief. Many people doubt the intelligence of AI generators. In fact, a recent study showed that only about 10% of people believe that AI generators are actually intelligent.

"I just don't see how these AI generators can be that smart," Pross said. "I've tried a few and they just don't seem to be able to do anything really impressive."
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,382

Pross said:

When it comes to artificial intelligence, or AI, Pross is a skeptic. While many people believe that AI is the future of computing, Pross is not convinced.

"I don't think AI is really that great," Pross said. "I mean, I've tried a few AI generators and they just don't seem that smart."

Pross is not alone in this belief. Many people doubt the intelligence of AI generators. In fact, a recent study showed that only about 10% of people believe that AI generators are actually intelligent.

"I just don't see how these AI generators can be that smart," Pross said. "I've tried a few and they just don't seem to be able to do anything really impressive."
    Not sure that passes the Turing test just yet.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 17,014
    There will soon be AI algorithms for detecting AI algorithms, so that people can tell whether they are arguing with people or not.
  • rjsterry said:

Pross said:

Not sure that passes the Turing test just yet.
    I asked for it in the style of a daily mail article, which might make a difference in the search for intelligence.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,992
    edited February 2022
    Guardian style:

When Pross saw the AI generator for the first time, she was skeptical. The software was touted as a way to create intelligent machines, but Pross was not convinced. "The AI generator is just a glorified random number generator," she said.

Pross has been studying AI for years, and she knows that creating intelligent machines is not that simple. The AI generator may be able to create simple machines, but creating truly intelligent machines requires a lot more than just a random number generator.

Pross also noted that the AI generator has not been tested in real-world scenarios. "The AI generator has only been tested in a lab setting," she said. "It's not clear how well it will work in the real world."

Pross is not the only one who is skeptical of the AI generator. Many experts in the field have voiced their concerns about the software. "The AI generator is just a toy," one expert said. "It's not going to create intelligent machines."

Despite the doubts of some experts, the creators of the AI generator remain confident in their product. They believe that the AI generator can create intelligent machines and that it will revolutionize the field of AI.
  • rjsterry
    edited February 2022

Daily telegraph style with same question:

AI GENERATOR UNDER FIRE

Pross, the world's most renowned AI expert, has cast doubt on the efficacy of the AI Generator, a tool that is said to create artificially intelligent beings.

"There is no evidence that the AI Generator can create anything other than rudimentary programs," said Pross. "The results of the Generator are not nearly as sophisticated as those of human intelligence."

Pross's criticism is likely to reignite the debate about the merits of artificial intelligence. Some experts believe that AI poses a threat to humanity, while others claim that it can be used to improve our lives.

Pross is not the only expert to have expressed reservations about the AI Generator. Earlier this year, renowned physicist Stephen Hawking warned that AI could "replace humans altogether".

Whether or not Pross's criticism will cause people to re-evaluate their views on AI remains to be seen.

Might be a bit out of date in its references.
    Better but that's still a no from me. Although maybe this says more about styles of journalism.

It’s harder to tell with some of these, although the landscapes look very formulaic when viewed as a group.

https://www.artaigallery.com/
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293

Guardian style:

When Pross saw the AI generator for the first time, she was skeptical. The software was touted as a way to create intelligent machines, but Pross was not convinced. "The AI generator is just a glorified random number generator," she said.

Pross has been studying AI for years, and she knows that creating intelligent machines is not that simple. The AI generator may be able to create simple machines, but creating truly intelligent machines requires a lot more than just a random number generator.

Pross also noted that the AI generator has not been tested in real-world scenarios. "The AI generator has only been tested in a lab setting," she said. "It's not clear how well it will work in the real world."

Pross is not the only one who is skeptical of the AI generator. Many experts in the field have voiced their concerns about the software. "The AI generator is just a toy," one expert said. "It's not going to create intelligent machines."

Despite the doubts of some experts, the creators of the AI generator remain confident in their product. They believe that the AI generator can create intelligent machines and that it will revolutionize the field of AI.
    Not enough spalling erorz.
  • When AI takes over, it will be intriguing how it will evolve?

Will there be different AI?
    Will they compete with each other?
    What will it/they see as their MO?
    Will it want to keep Human's as pets?
    Will Arnold Schwarzenegger be made AI/Cyborg immortal for prosperity?

Elon Musk is one of the founders of OpenAI, just sayin.
  • First.Aspect

When AI takes over, it will be intriguing how it will evolve?

If AI is already composing Daily Mail articles, will AI read it?
  • rjsterry

He's not going to marry you. You really need to learn to accept that.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,992
    edited February 2022
    rjsterry said:

I asked it to create a Daily mail article headlined "Elon Musk takes out restraining order on his superfan, bikeradar forum poster focuszing723":

Elon Musk has taken out a restraining order on a superfan who has been accused of stalking the Tesla CEO.

According to court documents obtained by DailyMail.com, Musk filed for a restraining order against bikeradar forum poster focuszing723, whose real name is Joshua Verde.

The order, which was granted on Tuesday, requires Verde to stay at least 100 yards away from Musk, his family, and his businesses.

Verde is said to have first contacted Musk in November 2017, and has sent him numerous emails and letters, as well as made repeated attempts to contact him on social media.

In a declaration filed as part of the restraining order request, Musk said that Verde has become 'increasingly fixated' on him and that his 'behavior is erratic and threatening'.

'Since November 2017, Mr. Verde has sent me over 20 emails, letters, and social media messages, most of which are incomprehensible and some of which contain threats,' Musk wrote.

'Most recently, Mr. Verde has been sending me messages on social media in the early morning hours that include photos of me or my family and statements like "I'm coming for you" or "You're going to die".'

Musk also said that Verde had traveled to Los Angeles and attempted to contact him at his home and office.

Verde did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
  • For something that is just a throwaway free test tool on the internet, it's remarkable.
  • rjsterry said:

I asked it to create a Daily mail article headlined "Elon Musk takes out restraining order on his superfan, bikeradar forum poster focuszing723":

Elon Musk has taken out a restraining order on a superfan who has been accused of stalking the Tesla CEO.

According to court documents obtained by DailyMail.com, Musk filed for a restraining order against bikeradar forum poster focuszing723, whose real name is Joshua Verde.

The order, which was granted on Tuesday, requires Verde to stay at least 100 yards away from Musk, his family, and his businesses.

Verde is said to have first contacted Musk in November 2017, and has sent him numerous emails and letters, as well as made repeated attempts to contact him on social media.

In a declaration filed as part of the restraining order request, Musk said that Verde has become 'increasingly fixated' on him and that his 'behavior is erratic and threatening'.

'Since November 2017, Mr. Verde has sent me over 20 emails, letters, and social media messages, most of which are incomprehensible and some of which contain threats,' Musk wrote.

'Most recently, Mr. Verde has been sending me messages on social media in the early morning hours that include photos of me or my family and statements like "I'm coming for you" or "You're going to die".'

Musk also said that Verde had traveled to Los Angeles and attempted to contact him at his home and office.

F@rk1n hell, it's clever $h1t already.
  • First.Aspect

rjsterry said:

Are you really called Joshua Verde?

That would bother me the most.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,790
    Doxed by AI
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,422
  • rjsterry said:

A quick Google shows only one notable Joshua Verde in the world - a Texan lawyer. I wonder how on earth the AI picked that name and whether there are any legal implications in using a unique name such a way?
  • First.Aspect
    edited March 2022

rjsterry said:

A quick Google shows only one notable Joshua Verde in the world - a Texan lawyer. I wonder how on earth the AI picked that name and whether there are any legal implications in using a unique name such a way?
    Could have been worse.

Randy Bumgardener, for example. Several people have that name. Or Richard Pincock.
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,624

rjsterry said:

Could have been worse.

Randy Bumgardener, for example. Several people have that name. Or Richard Pincock.
    D1ck Pincock to his friends.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,680
    masjer said:

rjsterry said:

Could have been worse.

Childish prank calls were common here way past the point of funny to a family listed in the phone book: "Fuccinecco - S.P"
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • First.Aspect
    I once did a search for Randy Bungardener on LinkedIn. It is a real name.

But the "people also searched for" list actually caused me an injury I laughed so hard.
  • masjer

masjer said:

rjsterry said:

Could have been worse.

Childish prank calls were common here way past the point of funny to a family listed in the phone book: "Fuccinecco - S.P"
    Those pesky kids.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    edited March 2022

I once did a search for Randy Bungardener on LinkedIn. It is a real name.

But the "people also searched for" list actually caused me an injury I laughed so hard.

https://www.businessinsider.com/andrew-shafter-gets-bumped-for-a-mincer-on-the-list-of-the-top-bloomberg-names-2010-10?r=US&IR=T

Oldie but a goodie.

(I have spoken to one of these individuals so I can vouch for at least one name)

1. KIKUKO TAKENOSHITA -- > 1. KIKUKO TAKENOSHITA

2. MATTHEW WANK --> 2. MATTHEW WANK

3. CHRISTOPHER FISTER --> 3. CHRISTOPHER FISTER

4. GUSTAVO CUNTO --> 4. GUSTAVO CUNTO

5. ROSEMARY NOBBE --> 5. ROSEMARY NOBBE

6. CHETAN DIKSHIT --> 6. CHETAN DIKSHIT

7. DARIO DIKLIC --> 7. DARIO DIKLIC

8. EDWARD TITTMAN --> 8. EDWARD TITTMAN

9. DIANE BEAVER --> 9. DIANE BEAVER

10. DAVID MORON --> 10. TARQUIN BALDWIN

11. FABIENNE CRETIN --> 11. FABIENNE CRETIN

12. DONNA BUMGARDNER --> 12. DONNA BUMGARDNER

13. GERHARD SPANKA --> 13. ? (There was no #13 in the email we got)

14. GINGER SEAMAN --> 14. GINGER SEAMAN

15. KAREN ARSOLA --> 15. KAREN ARSOLA

16. LUDGER POOS --> 16. BUM SUK POO

17. ANDREW SHAFTER --> 17. A. MINCER

18. FUKKY TANTANG --> 18. FUKKY TANTANG

19. WAN KIM --> 19. WAN KIM

20. ALEXANDRA SUKMAWATI --> 20. ALEXANDRA SUKMAWATI

21. WING MAN --> 21. WING MAN

22. DOROTHY CHUNDA --> 22. DOROTHY CHUNDA

23. DIK BLEWITT --> 23. DIK BLEWITT

24. JOHN KOKKINIAS --> 24. JOHN KOKKINIAS (CRUNCHED)

25. ROSS SMELLIE --> 25. ROSS SMELLIE (CRUNCHED)
  • First.Aspect
    Tuna is a Scananavian girls name.

Kunt is a scanadavian surname.

I now know this. Thank you LinkedIn.
  • masjer
    German skier Fanny Chmelar has got an unfortunate name.
  • thedirector135
    thedirector135 Posts: 142
    edited March 2022
    Who will cut the crusts off Joe Roots cucumber sandwiches now that Giles has been canned?

Also,why can I not enjoy Afl and football. I try. But I always come away from the experience feeling that watching fifty meth addled orangutans chasing a beachball around an oval would be more entertaining
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    That mixed race families have become the norm for TV advertising where there is a family setting.

Look, we're being inclusive but we don't want to be too radical.