Seemingly trivial things that intrigue you

Comments

• womack
    womack Posts: 566
    How many Openreach vans does it take to fix one problem?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    womack said:

How many Openreach vans does it take to fix one problem?

Is this like the "how many ??? to change a lightbulb?" jokes
  • I've never seen a van fix anything, it's always the person driving it.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190

Why has the house in the middle been absolutely obliterated as though a tornado has hit it?

I’d be pretty devastated with the damage to any of them but there’s some serious disparity there.
  • morstar said:

Why has the house in the middle been absolutely obliterated as though a tornado has hit it?

I’d be pretty devastated with the damage to any of them but there’s some serious disparity there.

Pigs' houses post huffing and puffing?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,802
    edited September 2021
    morstar said:

A tornado? They do hit pretty specific targets.
    I don't know the background.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • morstar
    pblakeney said:

morstar said:

Sorry, good point. It is hurricane Ida damage.

• morstar said:

pblakeney said:

morstar said:

If I lived in the house on the right, I'd be telling the near-neighbour whose house has been destroyed to come and pick up all the pieces of the house and its contents that are littering the lawn. Dreadfully untidy.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    There were clearly unbelievers in that house*

I'm guessing some evangelicals will be saying
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • morstar

morstar said:

pblakeney said:

morstar said:

If I lived in the house on the right, I'd be telling the near-neighbour whose house has been destroyed to come and pick up all the pieces of the house and its contents that are littering the lawn. Dreadfully untidy.
    I’m sure your input would be gratefully received 😀
  • If this is a pic from NY state, then it is Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Republican, Democrat, Republican.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    elbowloh said:

There were clearly unbelievers in that house*

I'm guessing some evangelicals will be saying

Perhaps they were Muslim.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    What human trait is it that leads to people continually getting banned from an internet forum and then signing up again in a new name to continue posting the same shite that keeps getting them banned?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Pross said:

What human trait is it that leads to people continually getting banned from an internet forum and then signing up again in a new name to continue posting the same shite that keeps getting them banned?

Stupidity and stubbornness with a little arrogance thrown in.
  • Pross said:

It's on the spectrum of trolldom - it's just going somewhere where they get a reaction. I suspect it's not that far away from graffiti tags - it's a need to be noticed.
  • Pross

Pross said:

It's on the spectrum of trolldom - it's just going somewhere where they get a reaction. I suspect it's not that far away from graffiti tags - it's a need to be noticed.
    Thing is they don't really get much reaction after a while as they aren't even any good at trolling.
  • Pross said:

Pross said:

Thing is they don't really get much reaction after a while as they aren't even any good at trolling.

Quite. It still annoys me when people do engage, despite the obviousness of the ruses to get reactions.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,642
    Linkedin likes. A lot of them seem to come from completely random people.
  • womack
    womack Posts: 566
    Where do those long slimy slug thingies go in the dry weather?
  • pinno
    womack said:

Where do those long slimy slug thingies go in the dry weather?

Scotland.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,693
    Oi!
  • orraloon
    I'm in this rel elderly Premier Inn, top floor, room has that sort of sloping wall and dormer window. There's a big 'Mind Your Head' sign above the window recess.

Intriguing I thought. I'm 6'3.5" in old units, fit in nae probs. Just added a measure of an A4 sheet of paper, so a further 8.3 inches. Makes it near enough 7 ft.

How many 'kin giants have banged their head on that lintel and claimed com-pen-say-shun?
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

I'm in this rel elderly Premier Inn, top floor, room has that sort of sloping wall and dormer window. There's a big 'Mind Your Head' sign above the window recess.

Intriguing I thought. I'm 6'3.5" in old units, fit in nae probs. Just added a measure of an A4 sheet of paper, so a further 8.3 inches. Makes it near enough 7 ft.

How many 'kin giants have banged their head on that lintel and claimed com-pen-say-shun?

Wear heels.
  • elbowloh
    Sign at the aerodrome.

"This is private property. The owners accept no liability for any injuries on the premises. Parents warn your children"

Do they actually expect a) a parent to tell their kids this fact "don't fall over here, we can't sue the owners" and b) for the kids to listen to that advice?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Pross
    Presumably it's a response to kids d1cking about and hurting themselves, a semi-polite way of saying jeep your kids under control. I would have probably gone for 'keep your kids under control or we'll kick you out and if they hurt themselves they are your responsibility'.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,802
    Pross said:

Presumably it's a response to kids d1cking about and hurting themselves, a semi-polite way of saying jeep your kids under control. I would have probably gone for 'keep your kids under control or we'll kick you out and if they hurt themselves they are your responsibility'.

I still prefer the sign that said "Any unattended children will be given a double espresso and a puppy".
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,546
    And do they c) actually believe that they can just not accept liability for any injuries that happen on their land by putting up a sign?
    elbowloh said:

Sign at the aerodrome.

"This is private property. The owners accept no liability for any injuries on the premises. Parents warn your children"

Do they actually expect a) a parent to tell their kids this fact "don't fall over here, we can't sue the owners" and b) for the kids to listen to that advice?

• Young Boys play in the Wankdorf.
  • orraloon
    The incredible nutjob ultra rider Jonas Deichmann doing his round the world triathlon. Currently multi marathoning across Mexico.

It's the local support that intrigues, and amuses me. E.g.

• elbowloh
    You know when everyone praised Ronaldo because he said to drink water rather than coke....

Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk