Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,787
    edited August 2021
    ^^^^
    Are you saying that everyone's exceptions prove the rule? 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    The cat looks a bit grumpy. He's saying "Fit a £15 Staywell cat flap ffs".
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    pblakeney said:

^^^^

I'm saying I bloody joking in the first place, the humourous nonsense case, which was why I used the sodding winking smiley!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pblakeney
    elbowloh said:

pblakeney said:

^^^^

I'm saying I bloody joking in the first place, the humourous nonsense case, which was why I used the sodding winking smiley!
    An attempt for the irony thread? 😉
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,259
    elbowloh said:

pblakeney said:

^^^^

So you're saying you're the person who uses it correctly, thus proving the rule that everyone uses it wrong?
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,635
    My wife just ordered a taxi for this evening to drop us off somewhere at 7.30 and pick us up at 11.

The pick up taxi just arrived.

I find it intriguing how it appears possible to work in a call centre with almost nothing except for autonomic brain function.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,920
    I know what the WD stands for in WD40, but what does the GT stand for in GT85? Google's not coming up trumps...
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Gore Tex possibly if it’s a Teflon product.

Gore tex is a Teflon based product (ptfe).
  • First.Aspect
    morstar said:

Gore Tex possibly if it’s a Teflon product.

Gore tex is a Teflon based product (ptfe).

Goretex is specifically a porous membrane. Made of ePTFE.

I doubt GT85 has any PTFE in it unless it's the stuff with it mentioned on the can.

Best guess it is a techy sounding meaningless alphanumerical string devised to sound a bit like WD40 but with a higher, and therefore better, number.
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,537
    edited August 2021
    I'm going to guess that 85 is the year but drawing a blank on GT.

I thought all GT85 contains ptfe, are there 2 different versions?
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,314
    Why is Geranimo the alpaca getting so much press? Does his owner just have more time and money on her hands than most?
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,631
    pangolin said:

Why is Geranimo the alpaca getting so much press? Does his owner just have more time and money on her hands than most?

Not sure about the press, but some sensible people think it would be best to study the alpaca to work out why it has tested positive. Farmers have no sympathy though.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,682
    That Lionel Shriver piece in the Spectator. The one fretting about 'natives' being replaced by foreigners. Even if it were true, why would anyone care? And why would the author so nakedly advertise how much of a massive racist they are?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • First.Aspect
    rjsterry said:

That Lionel Shriver piece in the Spectator. The one fretting about 'natives' being replaced by foreigners. Even if it were true, why would anyone care? And why would the author so nakedly advertise how much of a massive racist they are?

Most likely because some of his best friends are black?
  • rjsterry
    edited August 2021
    Lionel Shriver is a woman. Not that that is relevant here.

I mean a re-tread of the Great Replacement Theory because we've promised to take a few thousand a year from Afghanistan? I thought perhaps the article might not be quite as stupid as the headline suggests but if anything it's worse. At one point she is effectively saying that Breivik and his New Zealand fan are almost a reasonable reaction.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,726
    “Evelyn Waugh is a man”
  • It's a mess of an article. Keeps jumping from numbers about "foreign born" to "ethnic minorities" while trying to conflate the two to say there's too many non whites in the UK for her liking, and that the reader should agree.

When written by an American who lives in the UK, it's breathtaking.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,726

It's a mess of an article. Keeps jumping from numbers about "foreign born" to "ethnic minorities" while trying to conflate the two to say there's too many non whites in the UK for her liking, and that the reader should agree.

TBF the kind of 'race replacement' discourse is par for the course in fairly mainstream parts of American politics.

In the more gritty republican parts of America it is not uncommon to have real concerns about "whites no longer being the majority race"
  • pblakeney

It's a mess of an article. Keeps jumping from numbers about "foreign born" to "ethnic minorities" while trying to conflate the two to say there's too many non whites in the UK for her liking, and that the reader should agree.

Bloody immigrants.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • elbowloh

TBF the kind of 'race replacement' discourse is par for the course in fairly mainstream parts of American politics.

In the more gritty republican parts of America it is not uncommon to have real concerns about "whites no longer being the majority race"
    To be fair there is a lot of history in the US about immigrants coming in and taking over the country, its just in that case it was the white immigrants.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • rjsterry
    elbowloh said:

To be fair there is a lot of history in the US about immigrants coming in and taking over the country, its just in that case it was the white immigrants.
    England, too.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Centre Parcs.

I just don't get it.
  • rjsterry

Centre Parcs.

I just don't get it.

It's just Butlins with trees.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• elbowloh
    rjsterry said:

Centre Parcs.

I just don't get it.

It's just Butlins with trees.
    +£s
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355

Not long now:

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-avenue/2018/03/14/the-us-will-become-minority-white-in-2045-census-projects/
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pblakeney
    pinno said:

Not long now:

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-avenue/2018/03/14/the-us-will-become-minority-white-in-2045-census-projects/
    They best get busy then. 😉
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    edited September 2021
    I'm not sure why she's so shocked. The world is minority-white (as in not majority; I guess the real minority race is Native American or Inuit?) and people get around more and more.

EDIT: just done some quick reading and the Inuit population is vanishingly small! ~149k.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/