Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,134
    Not quite a transfer, but Enrico Gasparotto is now Swiss
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,567
    Cummings retires.

Do we know what Alex Dowsett is planning to do?
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • Shame about Cummings - has it been confirmed that he's retired or has he just slid a little too far off the back and is no longer showing on timing screens? Can't have been too many riders like him in the last few years.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,305
    Massively overrated rider because of that one win where he mugs the French riders caught staring.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • RichN95.
    There's a long retirement interview with him on Ned Boutling's podcast (I think it's called Never Strays Far)
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,159
    m.r.m. said:

Massively overrated rider because of that one win where he mugs the French riders caught staring.

I think that's a bit harsh - 3 GT stage wins, ToB overall win, British Champs double road and TT - but he was somewhat of a luxury rider, and probably a luxury that is hard to afford after the reduction of team sizes
  • r0bh said:

m.r.m. said:

I think that's a bit harsh - 3 GT stage wins, ToB overall win, British Champs double road and TT - but he was somewhat of a luxury rider, and probably a luxury that is hard to afford after the reduction of team sizes
    Quite a dying breed. Seemed to have a pass to sit at the back and see how he feels - like a 1st cat in an E 1 2

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    m.r.m. said:

TWO stages of the Tour. One of the Vuelta. Not bad at all for a real team rider.

I think you don't know your racing mr blockquote.
  • RichN95.
    Ineos have signed an 18 year Spaniard called Carlos Rodriguez, which is the sort of name a British person would give a fake Spaniard.

Anyone know much about him beyond PCS stats?
  • m.r.m.
    r0bh said:

m.r.m. said:

fenix said:

m.r.m. said:

TWO stages of the Tour. One of the Vuelta. Not bad at all for a real team rider.

I think you don't know your racing mr blockquote.
    I didn't say he was bad. I said he was massively overrated. I stand by that point judging by the palmares you list. And judging by what I saw of him especially in the last 2 years, it really didn't seem like he was turning himself inside out for the team in any GT when he was way out in the back of the peloton.

He had a good career and was a good rider. He was also much less than he is made out to be.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    The team had no GC contenders though ? So in a GT he loses time on GC and then isn't a threat to overall and so can get in breaks when hes feeling good. And I think he had a few injury and illness problems over the last 2 years. Any career with 3GT stage wins must be a good one ?
  • RichN95. said:

Ineos have signed an 18 year Spaniard called Carlos Rodriguez, which is the sort of name a British person would give a fake Spaniard.

I'd have a guess he is asthmatic
  • RichN95.

RichN95. said:

I'd have a guess he is asthmatic
    Apparently Groupama FdJ wanted to sign him but he tested positive for ambition.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,029
    Would be nice for some of the big teams to branch out into the other format of races that they're weaker at.

Alas.
  • Ineos have completed the signing of 23-year-old Colombian Brandon Rivera on a two-year contract.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    edited November 2019
    According to internet rumours Rohan Dennis is cycling around Girona in Ineos shorts.
    But internet rumours so he'll probably be at CCC by Monday.
  • m.r.m.
    Well they do try to sign every ITT champion.
  • RichN95. said:

According to internet rumours Rohan Dennis is cycling around Girona in Ineos shorts.
    But internet rumours so he'll probably be at CCC by Monday.

That has potential to nuclear if he does go to Ineos.

He's fallen out with more teams than I've had wives.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,064

Cummings retires.

Do we know what Alex Dowsett is planning to do?

Just confirmed that Dowsett will ride for Israel Cycling Academy next season.
  • daninexile
    daninexile Posts: 45
    edited November 2019
    ethan hayter has joined Ineos on a 3 year contract
  • rick_chasey
    ...who?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    British under 23 road champion, stage winner Baby Giro, Tour de l’Avenir and winner of several British track titles amongst other things.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134

...who?

Seriously? He's very good. Track world champion in addition to what webboo listed. His little brother is also frighteningly quick and will probably make the step up in the next few years.
  • Watched him absolutely dominate the omnium at the Euros in Glasgow last year, hell of a rider. Wonder how he'll develop after the Olympics, bit light for the classics but he's fast and can climb too. What a talent.
  • rick_chasey
    edited November 2019
    Fair enough. I don't watch any junior stuff.

• Fair enough. I don't watch any junior stuff.

It was the men's! Decent field including a fair few WT guys, inc Viviani.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

Fair enough. I don't watch any cycling stuff.

FTFY

• rick_chasey
    Sorry are we talking about track riding?

It's a great laugh in the winter and all but I don't follow that either, since, y'know it's not road.

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,145
    There's been loads on here about him. Contemporary of Pidcock who I assume you are aware of? Both of them were well place at this year's Tour de L'Avenir before crashing out.
  • RichN95.
    edited November 2019

Sorry are we talking about track riding?

It's a great laugh in the winter and all but I don't follow that either, since, y'know it's not road.

He had a solid Tour of Britain in 2018 riding for Sky with a top 10 in five of the stages. He was 8th in the u23 Worlds that year just behind Pogacar in 7th & 5th in the TT