2020 transfers

Comments

• gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,543
    Following Rod?
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • RichN95 wrote:
    r0bh wrote:
    Wout Poels to Bahrain Merida
    Bahrain is to Sky as West Ham is to Arsenal

Who does that make Wout? Samir Nasir or Lucas Perez?

:)
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,305
    Gweeds wrote:
    Following Rod?
    And probably getting that last big contract. Don't really buy the joint leadership talk with Landa.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,134
    RichN95 wrote:
    r0bh wrote:
    Wout Poels to Bahrain Merida
    Bahrain is to Sky as West Ham is to Arsenal

Who does that make Wout? Samir Nasir or Lucas Perez?

:)
    Maybe Jack Wilshere. Still capable of being pretty good on his day, but they're getting fewer every year. Landa may be a Fabianski.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,028
    Arsenal don't win anything do they? Not very sky.
  • RichN95.
    They used to be known as the Invincibles. But nothing lasts for ever.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,028
    RichN95 wrote:
    They used to be known as the Invincibles. But nothing lasts for ever.

almost 20 years ago?
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    But what if...just what if..Bahrain are the next Man City?
    Half man, Half bike
  • Sky/Ineos are Barcelona. They preach about being morally better than everyone else but as soon as someone dubious turns up with a load of cash they'll happily put those morals aside.
    Not to mention that they both win lots, have huge budgets and have some of the best proponents of the sport in their team.

Everton have recently bought several washed up Barca players and don't win much, just like Bahrain.
  • m.r.m.
    Extremely good analogy.
  • RichN95.
    Simon Spilak has joined Bahrain as "Head of Swiss Races" for three years
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,064
    A couple to catch up on; Fabio Felline moving from Trek-Segafredo to Astana and Jens Keukeleire is to join EF Education First from Lotto-Soudal.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Roche re-signs (so not a transfer :roll: )
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Quinn Simmons, winner of the junior road race, to skip the U23s and sign for Trek Segafredo. Interesting decision. He's very, very good but don't think he's quite at the level of dominance of Evenepoel just yet.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,159
    Bahrain-Merida just announced they have terminated Rohan Dennis's contract (terminated a couple of weeks ago but kept quiet until the worlds was over)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,145
    r0bh wrote:
    Bahrain-Merida just announced they have terminated Rohan Dennis's contract (terminated a couple of weeks ago but kept quiet until the worlds was over)

Explains the blatant use of the BMC then. From the outside he looks to have behaved like a complete c0ck. There may of course be more to it all.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,345
    Saw a tweet saying he's going to take it to the UCI... employment thingy...So maybe not the end of the story

(Probably best for everyone except their lawyers if they just split but...well)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    So is he going to Dimension data, or am I making too simple a connection?
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    inseine wrote:
    So is he going to Dimension data, or am I making too simple a connection?

What other bike manufacturer is going to invest in him...???
    Half man, Half bike
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,064
    ddraver wrote:
    Saw a tweet saying he's going to take it to the UCI... employment thingy...So maybe not the end of the story

The official statement from Bahrain-Merida says he has referred the termination to the UCI Arbitral Board - http://teambahrainmerida.com/team-bahra ... an-dennis/
  • andyp wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

The official statement from Bahrain-Merida says he has referred the termination to the UCI Arbitral Board - http://teambahrainmerida.com/team-bahra ... an-dennis/
    Didnt he cop a strop and refuse to ride?
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    andyp wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Didnt he cop a strop and refuse to ride?
    I suppose if he sees this through we might get to hear his side of the story. I’m not sure not liking the team kit is is sufficient excuse.
  • RichN95.
    Andrey Amador to Ineos according to Marca
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    RichN95 wrote:

Sounds like a fairly spectacular falling out between his (and Carapaz) agent and Movistar...
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • m.r.m.
    What happened?
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    M.R.M. wrote:
    What happened?
    Big falling out between team boss Unzue and rider agent Acquadro. Daniel Friebe has mentioned this more than once on the Cycling Podcast.

https://twitter.com/friebos/status/1166025321734389760
    https://twitter.com/friebos/status/1178686427460177921

Along with unflattering comments about Andrew McQuaid (son of Pat, who said nepotism is dead?) in Phil Gaimon's book, I have to wonder whether agents with a large number of riders on their books wield an unhealthy amount of influence.

But it's a crooked sport/business so we should accept that it's just another aspect of 'the way it is'. :(
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • m.r.m.
    Thanks! :)
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Never going to get used to that
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 wrote:
    Never going to get used to that