2020 transfers

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Greipel leaving Arkea at end of year
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Arkea also sponsor an Imoca 60, although this one looks to have quite outdated foiling tech compared to Charal and Hugo Boss.

https://www.vendeeglobe.org/en/news/195 ... s-revealed

Leeeetle bit like ineos also sponsoring Americas Cup team.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,543
    Simon E wrote:
    M.R.M. wrote:
    What happened?
    Big falling out between team boss Unzue and rider agent Acquadro. Daniel Friebe has mentioned this more than once on the Cycling Podcast.

https://twitter.com/friebos/status/1166025321734389760
    https://twitter.com/friebos/status/1178686427460177921

Along with unflattering comments about Andrew McQuaid (son of Pat, who said nepotism is dead?) in Phil Gaimon's book, I have to wonder whether agents with a large number of riders on their books wield an unhealthy amount of influence.

But it's a crooked sport/business so we should accept that it's just another aspect of 'the way it is'. :(

And it rumbles on

https://www.velonews.com/2019/10/news/r ... als_501223
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,567
    Not a rider but Tim Kennaugh is joining Bahrain Merida too
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,567
    Double ...
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,134
    iainf72 wrote:
    And being replaced by Nacer Bouhanni and Dan McLay (who was there previously).
    And Castroviejo renews with Ineos
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    RichN95 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Where did i hear Bouhanni was on 1.5 million a year? He's never really done anything to deserve that has he?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 wrote:
    David De La Cruz to Cofidis, which is a bit random
    Update: De La Cruz to UAE instead (confirmed)
  • inseine wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Where did i hear Bouhanni was on 1.5 million a year? He's never really done anything to deserve that has he?

Who's his agent, Eddie Hearn?
  • RichN95.
    inseine wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Who's his agent, Eddie Hearn?
    The catch is that he has to fight Anthony Joshua, who's looking for an easier opponent than a fat Mexican car mechanic.
  • RichN95.
    Israel Cycling Academy & Katusha merger confirmed. More a take over by ICA.
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,249
    Cavendish to Bahrain? Hope he likes their bikes! But maybe good if Ellingworth is there. Bouhanni is really high maintenance even compared to Dennis who can at least wear the WC jersey.
    Greipel going, really is changing now. Seemed like he and kittell would have a couple more yrs.
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Israel Cycling Academy & Katusha merger confirmed. More a take over by ICA.

Is it a merger? Israel definitely up to WT.
  • I guess Rohan Dennis has now got a bit of leverage with a prospective new team as he's got a WC jersey, however I don't think it excuses his behaviour since the TDF towards his team. All seems a bit strange , there has clearly been issues , unresolved, culminating in what has now taken place. Sooner both sides are shut of each other the better, that's clearly observation from a laymans view...we won't get the "inside" track, and neither should we expect to.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,064
    inseine wrote:

He's the tenth most successful currently active rider in terms of wins. Has stage wins in the Giro and the Vuelta and plenty of other WT races. For a French team, he'll guarantee you wins in France and get publicity for the sponsor.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,159
    andyp wrote:
    inseine wrote:

He's the tenth most successful currently active rider in terms of wins. Has stage wins in the Giro and the Vuelta and plenty of other WT races. For a French team, he'll guarantee you wins in France and get publicity for the sponsor.

And if he doesn't get wins he'll get you publicity in some other way :lol:
  • inseine
    andyp wrote:
    inseine wrote:

I'd love to see the stats behind that comment. Here are some; ranked 212 and 28th best Frenchman, last win over a year ago.... There seems to be quite some manipulation of the stats to arrive at 10th.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,543
    His own team weren’t selecting him FFS.

It’s odd when Bouhanni is having a team built around him and Sam Bennett still isn’t signed.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Another year for Larry Warbasse at AG2R.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,064
    inseine wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    inseine wrote:

I'd love to see the stats behind that comment. Here are some; ranked 212 and 28th best Frenchman, last win over a year ago.... There seems to be quite some manipulation of the stats to arrive at 10th.

How? The list is here, remove Kittel, who has retired, and Bouhanni is 10th.

https://www.procyclingstats.com/statist ... ry-ranking
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,305
    I'm quite impressed that Chris Froome has more wins than GVA and MvdP has the same amount of wins as Niki Terpstra.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • inseine
    andyp wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    inseine wrote:

That stat ranks the Tour of my back garden with the Tour de France. Means nothing but it’s a fun pub quiz type stat.
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    inseine wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    inseine wrote:

That stat ranks the Tour of my back garden with the Tour de France. Means nothing but it’s a fun pub quiz type stat.

Wow, 65 wins. He's clearly won the Tour of your back garden many times.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Dennis possibly to movistar according to today's reports
  • inseine
    redvision wrote:
    Not one of the 7 teams suggested by CN!
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    inseine wrote:
    redvision wrote:

Maybe not but marca are reporting it and cycling weekly have picked up on it.
  • inseine
    redvision wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    redvision wrote:

Maybe not but marca are reporting it and cycling weekly have picked up on it.
    They were clearly just sticking a finger in the air.
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    But whose bikes will he be riding...?
    Half man, Half bike
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,026
    Roompot are no more for 2020.
  • Roompot are no more for 2020.
    Boom and Wiening low key season but the team seems to have been short on invites ? Bit of a lacklustre program?