RGTCycling... New name for RoadGrandTours

Comments

• gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    edited October 2021
    You like it, or you don’t like it.
    It was “easy” in beta with no need for a “control” app, but it’s “better” now.
    If your uploaded “Magic Road” file has issues then you need to “smooth” the file. All can be done with excellent support from users on their facebook groups.
    Persevere if you want, use Zwift if you don’t.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,584
    edited October 2021
    Free tool provided by one of the users, allows you to check and finesse any GPX file - often those created on any interface will have large flaws, or spikes in elevation that do not exist, and this tool allows you to spot those and fix them.

I think there is a really easy 'fix all' option, or if you want to take the time you can go through it more manually - I have tended to do the latter in the past as I want it to be as accurate and enjoyable as possible.

RGT hasn't done anything with your elevation, it is merely using the information from within the file you sent in - irrespective of whether it told you something different initially.

stepwiserefinement.co.uk.s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/GPXmagic/index.html

I have a local loop I ride regularly, and as a test I created a gpx file, finessed it through the tool above, and my times are within 60 seconds of what I can manage out on the road. I can also generally tell where I am especially with some key gradient changes.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • You like it, or you don’t like it.
    It was “easy” in beta with no need for a “control” app, but it’s “better” now.
    If your uploaded “Magic Road” file has issues then you need to “smooth” the file. All can be done with excellent support from users on their facebook groups.
    Persevere if you want, use Zwift if you don’t.

So is it a single app now ?
  • gethinceri
    edited October 2021
    No, “control app” and “screen app”

Works great as long as your internet connection is consistent.
    This is the element that has most people leave and consider it to be a loadofwank.
    Most of the RGT “issues” are due to user connection problems.
  • I just dont have that amount of devices laying about!
  • daniel_b

I just dont have that amount of devices laying about!

I could be wrong, so don't quote me on this, but I thought I read somewhere that they were working on a single device solution - though personally I prefer the pair approach.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b said:

I just dont have that amount of devices laying about!

I could be wrong, so don't quote me on this, but I thought I read somewhere that they were working on a single device solution - though personally I prefer the pair approach.
    Just googled and this came up, manual Android Screen download for a beta, device must have 4GB+ memory...

https://www.rgtcycling.com/blog/android-screen-app/

Remember to uninstall RGT mobile before installing this
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • gethinceri
    Single device option on its way, to be released very soon.
  • There was an ~800MB update for this on my Android mobile yesterday, which looks to have converted the "remote" app into an "all-in-one" app.

Will try and remember to give it a try when I get on the turbo later.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • daniel_b

There was an ~800MB update for this on my Android mobile yesterday, which looks to have converted the "remote" app into an "all-in-one" app.

Will try and remember to give it a try when I get on the turbo later.

Yep they have switched to a single app method, either for your mobile device, or for laptops/tablets etc, although I think you can then still use your mobile as a remote (or bridge for connections) of sorts, which personally I would find useful.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • AndyG785
    AndyG785 Posts: 20
    edited December 2021

My first post...... lol! A great pity they changed, too flakey for many users now.

• gethinceri
    But not too flakey for all. When you can get your setup correct, it’s astonishingly good.
  • tonysj
    tonysj Posts: 391
    I've been using RGT as a Free member and join the occasional Event. Has anyone ridden the Free Stelvio ride? I've done it twice and its a killer for me. 70 minutes of 240watts HELL LOL.
  • daniel_b
    tonysj said:

I've been using RGT as a Free member and join the occasional Event. Has anyone ridden the Free Stelvio ride? I've done it twice and its a killer for me. 70 minutes of 240watts HELL LOL.

I haven't ridden on there for a while, but keep meaning too - have some time off next week, so will probably take a bit of time to see how the new software works.
    The Stelvio is great huh, that's a very healthy time, though I struggle to recall what my best time is up there, I'm pretty sure it was more than 70 minutes!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • gethinceri
    edited February 2022
    I've done the RGT Stelvio Real Road many, many, many times - 82 mins last time I went up. It's a very good representation of real life - 105 mins late in the day after also climbing the Bormio side.
  • tonysj
    daniel_b said:

tonysj said:

I haven't ridden on there for a while, but keep meaning too - have some time off next week, so will probably take a bit of time to see how the new software works.
    The Stelvio is great huh, that's a very healthy time, though I struggle to recall what my best time is up there, I'm pretty sure it was more than 70 minutes!
    It's a good workout if you can pace it correctly. Short Flat bit before the climb. I can never hold onto a slightly faster "bot" mind you. I must be riding at Lactate threshold as if I push a bit more I blow up after a couple of minutes and have to back off.. I had an issue with my Internet connection but now run a long ethernet cable from the router that sorted it.
    I struggle to find events yo ride. The Rgbdb.com has some but not all and the FB event user group can be hit and miss as you need to scroll through to find an event that's been on a few days in advance. Anyone know of other methods to find events?
    T.
  • daniel_b
    edited February 2022
    Like you, the long ethernet cable is the key to success/reliability.

I have heard people with good quality mesh networks also do well, but I prefer the reliability of a cable.

Are you a member of the various RGT pages, there is an events page I think, where a lot of privately created race series and events are publicised.

I'm a member of OTR Racing and they organise a massive amount of events, including Hare and Hounds, TTTs and very regular race series - I'm not sure if you can just join, or how it works, but they also have a Facebook page I think, and you could likely drop them a message on there.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • AndyG785
    AndyG785 Posts: 20
    AndyG785 said:

My first post...... lol! A great pity they changed, too flakey for many users now.

...i take that back, they ve had a couple of bug fixes and its completely trouble free, using wifi too.
  • tonysj
    Anyone doing the Mountain Goat event series on Wednesdays at 6pm? Done a couple and they are like an FTP test lol.
  • ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • gethinceri
    Most excellent.
  • daniel_b
    edited April 2022
    I'm a free account user currently, though I did subscribe for about 18 months, but just wasn't using it enough to justify it.

Not sure if free accounts will continue indefinitely, or quite how it will all work.

Although the headline monthly price is going up by circa 50%, someone did post that if you take out a full 12 months membership, it is heavily discounted, and you only end up paying an extra 5% or something across the full 12 months, over what it costs currently, as there was only ever a monthly options available with RGT.

I wonder if this will accelerate the potential for the Zwift/Trainerroad merger or collab.

Selfishly, as a lonngtime TR user, I would have liked them to have bought RGT, but there we go!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,845
    edited February 2023
    Apologies if this isn't the latest WahooRGT thread I'm reviving, the forum search option is horrific! :s

How are users finding the new steering options? Apparently, according to posts I read elsewhere, you can push riders sideways off the road with well timed steering. :#
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • gethinceri
    It’s very good.
    Others seem to think it has caused the world to implode.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,255
    Went back to the RGT free subscription. I did my first race today… it was quite enjoyable and the use of robo-cops make it more engaging when you are on a solo breakaway… my only criticism is… should they be part of the actual race? I did beat all the humans but got stuffed by the AI Bod… is that a thing?
    left the forum March 2023
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Buy license, enter race, turn up sign on and race. Then one finds out just how good you are.
  • ugo.santalucia
    webboo said:

Buy license, enter race, turn up sign on and race. Then one finds out just how good you are.

Did my first TT of the season last Saturday… 😁

• webboo
    I would guess the RGT is more like a pretend road race.
  • ugo.santalucia
    webboo said:

I would guess the RGT is more like a pretend road race.

I know it is… my point is whether the artificial bods should be included in the results… feels somewhat wrong
  • webboo
    It’s not real who ever is included that’s why I said unless it’s real it’s not real.
    Come on Ugo you have struggled to managed 25 mph on 10 mile tt you aren’t going to win a road race.