Six Nations 2018

12346»

Comments

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,692
    Just switched it off. There's enough depressing sh1t about in these strange days to voluntarily add more on myself.
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    orraloon wrote:
    Just switched it off. There's enough depressing sh1t about in these strange days to voluntarily add more on myself.

You’re a lucky charm!!

Scotland have scored
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,582
    England playing some nice rugby but Scotland are woeful although in the end they score a try after Farrell wastes a chance from yet another Scotland error. Normal service soon resumes as Scotland kick directly to touch from outside the 22.
  • orraloon
    Damn. Do I risk it? Dare I switch it back on? Or will me not watching promote the greatest turnaround since, ever?
  • Pross
    The comeback is on! (sort of)
  • crispybug2
    orraloon wrote:
    Damn. Do I risk it? Dare I switch it back on? Or will me not watching promote the greatest turnaround since, ever?

2nd try for Scotland now!
  • Pross
    And another!
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

2nd try for Scotland now!

And another!
  • Pross
    Gap down to 11. Could eclipse Wales comeback in Paris.
  • Pross
    Baffling decision to make 4 changes just as they are getting back into the game.
  • Pross
    But score a 4th straight away!
  • Pross
    7 point game, shame Scotland have missed 2 conversions.
  • Pross
    5th try, conversion to come. Another Farrell c0ck up

Edit all square!
  • crispybug2
    England are falling apart
  • orraloon
    Jeez. I just switched it back on. (Which will result in an England win of course)
  • orraloon
    xxxx me!
  • Pross
    Scotland under the posts should be 7 point lead with 4 mins to go. England defence is shocking.
  • Pross
    orraloon wrote:
    Jeez. I just switched it back on. (Which will result in an England win of course)

Turn back off!
  • crispybug2
    Holy F**k!!!

What a game!
  • Wow!!

Fair play Scotland!!

Well done to my Welsh boys.
  • orraloon
    Rugby can be such a great game.
  • Pross
    Needless penalty just as the clock was going red let England in to eventually score under the posts for a draw. Gutting!
  • Pross
    Two missed conversions cost Scotland in the end.
  • Pross
    It would have made for an interesting conversion if England had scored in the corner just before they eventually scored that final try.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    ...well that was weird...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • crispybug2
    Team of the tournament:-

1) Healy (I)
    2) Owens (W)
    3) Sinckler (E)
    4) Kruis (E)
    5) Wyn Jones (W)
    6) Navidi (W)
    7) Curry (E)
    8 Itturia (F)
    9) Davies (W)
    10) Russell (S)
    11) May (E)
    12) Parkes (W)
    13) Davies (W)
    14) Stockdale (I)
    15) Hayward (It)

I think Justin Tipuric and Henry Slade can count themselves as very unlucky in playing positions that had impossibly tough competition

Thoughts?
  • Pross wrote:
    Needless penalty just as the clock was going red let England in to eventually score under the posts for a draw. Gutting!

Obviously you are more in tune with rugby than myself but with two minutes to go I said to the Mrs. (who is Scottish) they should just do what Wales do, hold the ball, draw the tackle over and over again, use up the two minutes, then boot it out.

But what do Scotland do, boot it up field to the opposition thus inviting England to attack again, with in the end a bad outcome for Scotland.

Or am I over simplyfing it?
  • Pross
    crispybug2 wrote:
    Team of the tournament:-

1) Healy (I)
    2) Owens (W)
    3) Sinckler (E)
    4) Kruis (E)
    5) Wyn Jones (W)
    6) Navidi (W)
    7) Curry (E)
    8 Itturia (F)
    9) Davies (W)
    10) Russell (S)
    11) May (E)
    12) Parkes (W)
    13) Davies (W)
    14) Stockdale (I)
    15) Hayward (It)

I think Justin Tipuric and Henry Slade can count themselves as very unlucky in playing positions that had impossibly tough competition

Thoughts?

Is that the official list? Surprised at the two Davies getting selected as I didn't think either had stand out tournaments. Other than AWJ I thought Wales were much more about a team performance and there were individuals on other teams that were better in individual positions. Parkes came good in the last two games but before that I thought he was only holding his place due to a lack of fit centres.

Sinckler is a strange choice, played very well but is too much of a hot head. Number 8 feels like a token 'we need a Frenchman in the team' and he was the best option' same with 15, Hayward played some good rugby but was he better than Williams?
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:

Obviously you are more in tune with rugby than myself but with two minutes to go I said to the Mrs. (who is Scottish) they should just do what Wales do, hold the ball, draw the tackle over and over again, use up the two minutes, then boot it out.

But what do Scotland do, boot it up field to the opposition thus inviting England to attack again, with in the end a bad outcome for Scotland.

Or am I over simplyfing it?

They seemed to keep playing the style that got them back into the game when they needed to tighten up but maybe they just don't have that style in them. There were a raft of late penalties for offences by players that had just come on and I think they just hadn't had chance to adjust to the game. It may have been better not to make changes but then again the starting players would have been tiring.