LEAVE the Conservative Party and save your country!

Comments

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,272
    You do have to wonder what brilliant mind decided to go with the message "it'll be all over by Christmas".
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,567
    orraloon said:

Did you ever think this country is fxxked?

Nope :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,805
    😎
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738

Populists gonna populist
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,590

Populists gonna populist

Stopping judges making rulings on legal matters is presumably the latest extension of having had enough of experts.
  • rick_chasey
    What the populists do that really annoys me, is they take down the checks and balances, and at the next election will shrilly declare their other side to be dangerous because there are no checks and balances if they get in.
  • rick_chasey
    “What would Corbyn have done without judicial oversight?”

Well, exactly.
  • Pross said:

Populists gonna populist

Stopping judges making rulings on legal matters is presumably the latest extension of having had enough of experts.
    It would be good when the legal system start to put the human rights of the 65m of us law abiding citizen over that of a terrorist.

It's their own fault if their lack of common sense decisions means they get their wings clipped. Bring it on!
  • Stevo_666
    Apparently she's already been spotted in Western style clothing prior to her return.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    edited July 2020
    🙄😀
    Careful Stevo, the libtards will be coming for you!
  • Stevo_666
    shortfall said:

🙄😀
    Careful Stevo, the libtards will be coming for you!

They've been after me ever since I started the 'Labour party' thread. I'm the 'Salman Rushdie' of Cake Stop. :D
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866

Pross said:

Populists gonna populist

It would be good when the legal system start to put the human rights of the 65m of us law abiding citizen over that of a terrorist.

It's their own fault if their lack of common sense decisions means they get their wings clipped. Bring it on!
    So we can add the Law to things you don’t understand
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Politicians make the laws, the judiciary interpret and implement them.
    If the politicians don’t like the laws, don’t dismantle the institutions that uphold them. Change the laws.
  • rick_chasey

Economist not pulling any punches
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    The lack of talent is concerning.
    I think the most unique aspect of this government has been the no sacking policy.
    Policies are being amended on the hoof repeatedly each time they are undermined by one of the arrogant mothers Fuckers that thinks the policy doesn’t apply to them.
    Masks in shops, Rishi wears one in Pret, Gove then doesn’t. Rather than admonish Gove, the policy gets amended to fit Goves behaviour.
    It is becoming a consistent pattern of behaviour.

I actually think there are some positive aspects to a government not being scared to stand behind people despite their mistakes. I hate the press hounding people for ancient transgressions that have no bearing on their job. However, this has been take to the opposite extreme of we’re in charge and untouchable.
  • surrey_commuter
    morstar said:

The lack of talent is concerning.
    I think the most unique aspect of this government has been the no sacking policy.
    Policies are being amended on the hoof repeatedly each time they are undermined by one of the arrogant mothers censored that thinks the policy doesn’t apply to them.
    Masks in shops, Rishi wears one in Pret, Gove then doesn’t. Rather than admonish Gove, the policy gets amended to fit Goves behaviour.
    It is becoming a consistent pattern of behaviour.

I actually think there are some positive aspects to a government not being scared to stand behind people despite their mistakes. I hate the press hounding people for ancient transgressions that have no bearing on their job. However, this has been take to the opposite extreme of we’re in charge and untouchable.

LOL - he can’t sack them - imagine how sh1te his subs bench looks

Obviously and it would have to be something other than dishonesty, infidelity, corruption, laziness or incompetence.

What a great boss.
  • Stevo_666
    If only SC and Rick were in politics to put it all right, then everything would be just fine :)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,695
    That's a priti poor one from the deflection maestro. 😉
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

I'm just wishing for a better future :)
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,272
    Sign me up for the alternative world where Jeremy Hunt had won.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,590

Sign me up for the alternative world where Jeremy Hunt had won.

Imagine saying that a few years ago!
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,933
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

I fear that placing your trust in Johnson to deliver that better future is as misplaced as the trust put in him by several women.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

I fear that placing your trust in Johnson to deliver that better future is as misplaced as the trust put in him by several women.
    But I was putting my trust in Rick and SC...
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,933
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

That would be like putting your trust in relatives of someone who's had an operation screwed up by a incompetent surgeon being able to do the reconstructive surgery required.

The better plan would be to get a competent surgeon.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

That would be like putting your trust in relatives of someone who's had an operation screwed up by a incompetent surgeon being able to do the reconstructive surgery required.

But if you read this and the Coronavirus thread, they're convinced that they can do it better. What's the worst that can happen.....?
  • surrey_commuter
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

But if you read this and the Coronavirus thread, they're convinced that they can do it better. What's the worst that can happen.....?
    Do you not think you could have done a better job than Boris?
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Do you not think you could have done a better job than Boris?
    No idea, but not really my area and IMO its a poisoned chalice. Do you really think you could do better?
  • rick_chasey

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

I recon a decent majority of cake stoppers would be better than the Tory MP who I grew up with.

They're actually a bit thick.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

I recon a decent majority of cake stoppers would be better than the Tory MP who I grew up with.

Rick for president then. SC could be your chancellor of the exchequer after you've thrashed out your deal at 'La Granita'.
  • rick_chasey
    edited July 2020
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Rick for president then. SC could be your chancellor of the exchequer after you've thrashed out your deal at 'La Granita'.
    I think we could all agree the popularity contest part of being president, which, let's face it, is not immaterial to the job, would be a real challenge for me.

My temper would also be tricky. Leaders do not lose their cool and/or rag. That and I wouldn't want the work, wouldn't enjoy it, and would rather see someone more capable doing it.

I'm quite happy to know what's best in a leader but recognise I'm not it. UK should have a deep enough skillset to have someone better than compulsive pleaser BJ.

When he promises "it'll be over by Christmas' all I can see is the same guy saying to the newly pregnant mistress with all sincerity that he'll be there as a father before skulking off because 6 months down the road when his priorities have changed.