#Festive 500

Comments

• CarbonClem wrote:
    2 x 100km rides done now. Weather is great compared to previous years. Roads will be busier from tomorrow though ...

Actually this morning was the quietest it has been by quite some margin.

310 km done, 190 to go
    left the forum March 2023
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    86km done yesterday. Brother in law got a puncture and found he had no tyre levers or tube with a long enough valve.

122km done today, Sheffield to Liverpool snake pass fun, except it was cold up there and in the clouds.

360km tomorrow if I get up early enough and I'm more than done. I might stop in s travel lodge and break it up the ride home.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • 360km tomorrow if I get up early enough and I'm more than done. I might stop at a bus shelter and break it up the ride home.

FTFY
  • indyp
    indyp Posts: 735
    393km done. 101 miles today and surprisingly felt ok. 4 days left so should be fine now and hoping to do 80 km ish tomorrow. Weather is holding up thankfully
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    I'm too soft ugo for a bus shelter in winter.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • Today I rode 127km from Porthcurno to Truro and back whilst enjoying my hols in Cornwall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyfhInxh8h0

Pretty knackering though, looking likely that I'll be doing something else tomorrow instead to give my legs some time to rest.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,597
    100 miler today so I’m 363km in now.

Day off tomorrow :D
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • 92 km today, which brings the total to 403... should be all downhill now... :-)
  • indyp
    indyp Posts: 735
    Finished today. Not an easy last ride with over 5k ft climbing over 76 miles but weather was too good not to. Ended up with 517km completed in 4 days. Happy with that. Good luck all in getting it done
  • Working the last two days has slowed down progress. Decided to treat today as a rest day, have 2 100km rides planned this weekend which will complete the 500. Forecast looks decent and have a nice group to ride with tomorrow so looking forward to it.
  • 43 km to go... :-)
  • Final ride for me tomorrow in order to hit my target 500, I am going to be doing a 200km audax in Somerset, with Cheddar Gorge being the centrepiece of the ride.

Today I went for a short leisurely ride on local roads around where I am staying in Cornwall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwioZxx8rRI
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    4fFCOW7.jpg

I got it done in 5 rides this year. I was aiming for 2, but Christmas got in the way.

sPHRkMb.jpg

SgWpDBp.jpg

SY2lAh6.jpg

WT1v5Kc.jpg

rFXJ8Ol.jpg
    I can only see 4 rides and they don’t seem to add up to 500k
  • webboo
    I don’t think you are allowed to use a motorcycle.
  • KYaflvb.jpg

P6zp8Fl.jpg

SNaDe2l.jpg

5ZekhhU.jpg

4kLHYSr.png
    Hopefully that’s it.

If you started a ride at 9am on the 24th how comes the bottom photo shows another ride starting half an hour later. And why is the date only on the one ride ?
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Because he's a tragic, lying fantasist - that's why..
  • imposter2.0
    Like I said - tragic.
  • Finished... 506 km in 7 days... totalling 19 hours on the saddle.

Overall, it has been fairly easy, with mid autumn-like weather since Boxing day and not a drop of rain. Even the roads were fairly clean and almost dry lately.
    Look forward to a few days off the bike though :-)
  • Brakeless wrote:

If you started a ride at 9am on the 24th how comes the bottom photo shows another ride starting half an hour later. And why is the date only on the one ride ?

Strava has a tendency to do strange stuff, I’ve extracted the ride data that actually counted now.

Strava records rides. I've got over 70,000 miles recorded on Strava. Not once has it done 'strange stuff' or needed me to 'extract data'.
  • webboo
    If I was riding around those roads at 11 to 13 mph I wouldn’t be announcing it to the world.
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    You have to remember he was probably carrying a very heavy rucksack.
  • webboo
    TimothyW wrote:
    You have to remember he was probably carrying a very heavy rucksack.
    :D
  • The aero helmet would have mitigated the rucksack's drag.
  • 3 GPS devices, 1 motorbike, and a large box of BS.
  • Fairbridge reminds me of something, as does the libel talk:
    https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=210&t=1373696&i=180

Now who could that be?
  • imposter2.0
    Fairbridge, Gwagon, Goatever on pistonheads - it's all him. Plus the nine or more usernames he has had on here. The guy must literally be the biggest troll on the internet...
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,675
    As a small child might say, "Let it go, let it go..."
  • imposter2.0
    orraloon wrote:
    As a small child might say, "Let it go, let it go..."

After eight forum bans? If only he would...
  • All done for me which means that I can rest tomorrow before the inevitably disappointing New Year's party.
    Like Ugo around 19 hours in the saddle.
    Was pretty foggy up on the higher ground today although that didn't deter too many riders, plenty of them out there.

Had two punctures but was running tubeless so both times the sealent sealed them up, very pleased with that.
  • imposter2.0
    Imposter wrote:
    Fairbridge, Gwagon, Goatever on pistonheads - it's all him. Plus the nine or more usernames he has had on here. The guy must literally be the biggest troll on the internet...

Jesus Christ you are massively obsessed :lol: half of this stuff has been long binned off to the deepest darkest corners of the Internet. You really have been going to extraordinary lengths. I’m flattered, but you really need to get a life.

You're the one with the imaginary lifestyle, a proven track record of compulsive lying and a multitude of different forum identities across the internet. I have a life already - I can't imagine how sh1t yours must be for you to be this desperate...