Ullrich

Comments

• FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    If you look through an Armstrong prism do you see sky?
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941
    Was anyone seriously not rooting for Jan in 2003?
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    phreak wrote:
    Armstrong

LOLOLOL
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    phreak wrote:

Me. But I was never a fan.

Although this still remains one of the most ridiculous things ever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yGEa39oH80
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941
    iainf72 wrote:
    phreak wrote:

Although this still remains one of the most ridiculous things ever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yGEa39oH80

I'll see you and raise you VDB at the 1999 Vuelta - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8MOQuF4_BI
  • iainf72 wrote:
    phreak wrote:

Youtube used to have the full climb. Even given the context, what a ride. He just looks fantastic.

https://youtu.be/qz95I3cJQ_s?t=292 I mean look at those legs. Weeewwwwww.

Also you can't hate a man who, whilst Armstrong was working with a wind tunnel, would send a similarly proportioned team mate to sit on his TT bike, then slam the stem anyway.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,432
    He was quite gracious in defeat.

He had plenty of practice.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,657
    Wow...lemme just clear away the shade here... ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • andyp wrote:

More Tour De France victories than Lance :wink::wink:
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Vino'sGhost
    andyp wrote:

More Tour De France victories than Lance :wink::wink:

Booooom :)
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    iainf72 wrote:
    phreak wrote:

Yeah but he was getting a big tow from the moto bikes...
    Half man, Half bike
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    He's now reportedly been arrested for assaulting a prostitute in a Frankfurt hotel.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95.
    edited August 2018
    So the reports are now that he was on high on drugs and unable to to perform sexually so he choked the prostitute until she blacked out. Homocide investigators now involved.
  • ddraver
    Well this is no longer a one-off meltdown...
    - @ddraver
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Makes you wonder what kind of social environment our esteemed colleague Vino met Mr Ullrich in?!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • dave milne
    dave milne Posts: 703
    Hope this story doesn't end up like Pantani's Obviously no excuse but poor bloke he has some issues to sort out
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    RichN95 wrote:
    So the reports are now that he was on high on drugs and unable to to perform sexually so he choked the prostitute until she blacked out. Homocide investigators now involved.

Dafuq?

This is terrible
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Vino'sGhost
    RichN95 wrote:

So did she black out or die.

I think some people have lived relatively vanilla lives. Odd that there’s no evidence of wrong doing (by the standards used in the Wiggins is clean threads).

Until he’s convicted he’s innocent lolol
  • Vino'sGhost
    dave milne wrote:
    Hope this story doesn't end up like Pantani's Obviously no excuse but poor bloke he has some issues to sort out

He does sound like he’s going through a difficult stage. I hope he gets the help and understanding to get through this.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,394
    Oh man.

Terrible.

Let's hope she (presumably it's a she) is OK.
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,306
    Flip side to this is the piece Armstrong mentioned in his podcast during the Tour. Ullrich turned up at the post tour party when Armstrong had won his last TdF. he made a speech that Armstrong regards as defining their friendship and he has only very positive words about him. Interesting how the two riders have had career trajectories that plummeted yet Armstrong has emerged in a positive way whilst ullrich seems to get no relief/closure
  • RichN95.
    amrushton wrote:
    Flip side to this is the piece Armstrong mentioned in his podcast during the Tour. Ullrich turned up at the post tour party when Armstrong had won his last TdF. he made a speech that Armstrong regards as defining their friendship and he has only very positive words about him. Interesting how the two riders have had career trajectories that plummeted yet Armstrong has emerged in a positive way whilst ullrich seems to get no relief/closure
    While it's tempting to link all of this to do with doping (and it may very well be) there are also plenty of sports stars who go off the rails with no connection to doping.
  • I'm really worried this will end up a la Pantani

He was doing similar things like this for a couple of years before he died
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,306
    They both were subject to a system of doping which both embraced but Armstrong took charge of in his own case. Armstrong has gone through the whole process yet comes out of it 'mea culpa' with a popular podcast and is an interesting interview. Ullrich has retreated into a world that prob.is similar to Pantani. i just don't want to see a similar headline.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,432
    Are we going to sit by and tolerate the misogyny from both Vino and De Vlaeminck?

I'm going to call both of you out on that - joking about physical assault is not funny or acceptable.
  • Vino'sGhost
    andyp wrote:
    Are we going to sit by and tolerate the misogyny from both Vino and De Vlaeminck?

I'm going to call both of you out on that - joking about physical assault is not funny or acceptable.

I think physical assault is not funny, but sometimes its acceptable.

Joking about it can be both funny and acceptable. for my part the joke was a risque prod at the liberals and do gooders. I didn't intend it to be, or realise it might have been, veiled.

I cant talk for De Vlaeminck but i suspect he was also doing the same.

Different types of humour are sometimes lost in the internet.....
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    I don't know if joking about a real life story of someone being choked to the point of blackout by someone high on drugs on a public forum is 'a prod at the liberals' or simply 'grossly offensive'
  • ddraver
    Standard "making a twat out of myself to own the libs" innit...
    - @ddraver
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,371
    Different types of humour are sometimes lost in the internet.....

Your "humour" always seems to get lost on the internet :roll:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    It’s hard not to wonder if his wife left and is keeping the kids away for a very valid reason.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.