• FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    DisrdTvX4AAQb49.jpg:large
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    gsk82 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    tim000 wrote:
    gavirias headbut was way worse than that.
    As was Bouhanni's punch last year (200 CHF fine for that):
    https://video.eurosport.com/cycling/tou ... ideo.shtml

Let's all just accept there are different standards for different teams and nationalities.
    Can't believe the double standards! But Moscon has only got himself to blame here.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Once again, the ASO don't do Sky any favours
    Don't do Sky any favours??? I'd rather be in the town where today's stage finished and Tuesday's starts than 50-60 km away, like 10 other teams are.
  • indyp
    indyp Posts: 735
    There's nothing in that as far as I can see just a wave of his arm towards the french rider which may have clipped him. It's no surprise he's been kicked out though.
  • knedlicky
    iainf72 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    DeadCalm wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    He said in 2012 he preferred to ride in front of Froome not behind as Froome's way of riding was a bit jerky.
    Like a natural climber then? :D
    There are plenty of natural climbers who can handle a bike.
    Wiggins wasn't on about bike handling, it was the pacing that was inconsistent.
    Which is one reason they say the Alps suit Thomas more than the upcoming stages. He rolls a bigger gear and the Pyrenees are a lot more inconsistent.
    I don't think a bigger gear plays a role. Following someone who doesn't ride a constant pace relative to the terrain is the problem, irrespective of the gears the two riders are in.
    At amateur level (maybe pro too) this is to me, the leader often changing gears/speed unnecessarily without apparent reason, often stopping momentarily pedalling or getting out of the saddle although it's not steep, not following a constant line/moving in or out unexpectedly, etc.
    I don't think all these apply to Froome, but maybe the odd one does.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,701
    knedlicky wrote:
    Once again, the ASO don't do Sky any favours
    Don't do Sky any favours??? I'd rather be in the town where today's stage finished and Tuesday's starts than 50-60 km away, like 10 other teams are.

Why?
    Do they have to ride their bikes to get to the start?
    I'd rather have a luxury coach ride from my luxury hotel, than stay in Carcassonne's horrid commercial sprawl.

Cofidis have won the hotel draw, imo. A more than decent, 4 star hotel in a prime spot.
    Cracking view of the citadel from the dinning room.
    I stayed there coming back from Andorra during the 2015 Vuelta.

56b47fc76cbea-5aaca8e428bd441cc1c93870ac15764a.jpg
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • knedlicky
    Why?
    It's still 45-60 mins unnecessary travel each way in the team coach, which affects timing of meals too, esp before the stage, as well as how relaxed riders arrive beforehand.
    It doesn't much matter where the hotel in located wrt to immediate surroundings, or its facilities, all the riders mostly need is a good evening meal, a good bed, and quiet outside during the night.
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    knedlicky wrote:
    Why?
    It's still 45-60 mins unnecessary travel each way in the team coach, which affects timing of meals too, esp before the stage, as well as how relaxed riders arrive beforehand.
    It doesn't much matter where the hotel in located wrt to immediate surroundings, or its facilities, all the riders mostly need is a good evening meal, a good bed, and quiet outside during the night.

How have you determined it to be unnecessary?
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    I quite like Carcassonne, I mean it may have an industrial sprawl but the centre looked quite nice to me when I was there.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]