What were the placings please?

At a conference...
    DfA9WTwXUAENouX.jpg

Holy molly that's a spanking.

Lotto 3rd?

What the hell happened today.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,740
    Were they obviously faster than everyone else?

Was everyone else rubbish?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    Were they obviously faster than everyone else?

Was everyone else rubbish?
    No obvious deficiencies in the top teams as far as I could see, although QS lost Jacobsen and Shaw quite early. But on paper Sky’s team was comfortably the strongest line-up and no-one looked like the weak link
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,740
    I mean a whole kph faster than #2.

5kph faster than sunweb.

Super fast.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,274
    I mean a whole kph faster than #2.

5kph faster than sunweb.

Super fast.

They looked really good - smooth, controlled. And they did have 2 out of the top 3 in the prologue, and Thomas only 21 seconds back having fallen off.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,333
    Kirby just said that a bakery does a lovely mille-feuille which is "folded pastry with honey and cream". I ask you.

Beloved of orcas I believe.

It's got serious wattage on power input meter.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Kirby just said that a bakery does a lovely mille-feuille which is "folded pastry with honey and cream". I ask you.

I thought it was all about joules these days?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • RichN95.

This Jules?

p-pulp-fiction-samuel-l-jackson.jpg

"Say 'Watt' again. Say 'Watt' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherf***er, say Watt one more Goddamn time!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,333

To be honest, I just eat on feel.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • above_the_cows
    Well it's preferable to this Jools

Jools-Holland-006.jpg

"Welcome to my big watts hootenanny! Tonight we have performances from Chris Froome and his Sky Team, the magnificent Ruby Turner, and Tom Dumoulin's Power Meter."
  • above_the_cows

To be honest, I just eat on feel.

Me too. Now where's my donut...
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,907
    Will the TTT in the Tour have actual time gaps or will they do that weird thing of essentially giving time bonuses based upon placings?
  • RichN95.
    phreak wrote:
    Will the TTT in the Tour have actual time gaps or will they do that weird thing of essentially giving time bonuses based upon placings?
    Actual time gaps I think.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Bigger gap between first and last than covered the first 5 overall in last years Tour. You don't get those sort of gaps on any other stages
  • RichN95.
    Let's remember that not many teams are turning up with their Tour team for this race. Sky's is pretty much it, as are the French teams. But wait to see what BMC do in Switzerland in a week or two. Coming second with a B team is impressive.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,806
    Tour de Suisse strikes me as being more interesting. full stop.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • RichN95.
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Quite possibly is this year. I don't know why the Tour have pushed back the dates for a week because of the World Cup - I think the only time they did this before was 1998 when it was in France. Annoyingly this means I miss the last TT as my cousin's getting married that day. To a vegan no less. So the meal's going to be no fun.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    RichN95 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Quite possibly is this year. I don't know why the Tour have pushed back the dates for a week because of the World Cup - I think the only time they did this before was 1998 when it was in France. Annoyingly this means I miss the last TT as my cousin's getting married that day. To a vegan no less. So the meal's going to be no fun.

My condolences.

How do you know someone is a vegan? Don't worry, they'll tell you.
  • RichN95.
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:

My condolences.

Why did the vegan cross the road?
    To tell someone they're a vegan.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,234
    RichN95 wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:

My condolences.

Yet, if that vegan got hit by a bus, and you mentioned that to somebody, you’d be accused of making a joke out of vegan misfortune... whereas, perhaps all you were doing was passing on information? It’s WC gone mad...
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    RichN95 wrote:
    I don't know why the Tour have pushed back the dates for a week because of the World Cup - I think the only time they did this before was 1998 when it was in France.
    The Tour hasn't always started on the first weekend of July (or second weekend in the case of the exceptions you mention). I think that has only been the case since 1989.

I went to my first Tour in 1980, and that year it started on 26 June which was a Thursday.
    In his book about the 1976 Tour (“The Great Bike Race“), Geoffrey Nicholson states the Tour that year began on 23 June, which was a Wednesday.
    I think there were many other years before 1989 when it started in late June and/or on a weekday.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,806
    RichN95 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    There is also the parcours as well as the riders.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    RichN95 wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:

My condolences.

#Metoo !! Minorities rule or I'll scream.
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    knedlicky wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    I don't know why the Tour have pushed back the dates for a week because of the World Cup - I think the only time they did this before was 1998 when it was in France.
    The Tour hasn't always started on the first weekend of July (or second weekend in the case of the exceptions you mention). I think that has only been the case since 1989.

I went to my first Tour in 1980, and that year it started on 26 June which was a Thursday.
    In his book about the 1976 Tour (“The Great Bike Race“), Geoffrey Nicholson states the Tour that year began on 23 June, which was a Wednesday.
    I think there were many other years before 1989 when it started in late June and/or on a weekday.
    It's already started on the 7th twice this century, so it's not uncommon. Usually sporting events push it one way or the other
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Post of the year :D
    RichN95 wrote:

This Jules?

p-pulp-fiction-samuel-l-jackson.jpg

"Say 'Watt' again. Say 'Watt' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherf***er, say Watt one more Goddamn time!
  • RichN95.
    For those who can't stand Carlton Kirby please be warned that both Simon Clarke and Edvald Boasson Hagen are in the break today
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    RichN95 wrote:
    For those who can't stand Carlton Kirby please be warned that both Simon Clarke and Edvald Boasson Hagen are in the break today

Anyone who lives near the Eurosport studio should stay indoors and keep their windows closed until further notice.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,006
    I'd really like Odd Christian Eiking to win something, just for his name.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,274
    So any idea whether the climb was scenic or anything today?

Doesn't look much fun out there now.
  • above_the_cows
    Lovely weather.