• orraloon wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    ^ SC, you do realise this is Harry we are discussing? :wink:

Yep Harry Saxe-Coburg

Or if he had taken his Grandfathers name something even more German

Whoosh!! :lol:
    Yip. Oh sorry, jawohl. :roll:

But as it Stands , he’s called Wales. Deutsch er ist nicht. Verstehe?
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Ballysmate wrote:
    No morals or ethics? For asking people who advocate a change of government model how it would benefit us? :?

Yes,

Why can't having a head of state who is elected by the people, regardless of their colour or religion or class, just be the right thing, morally and ethically.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • ben@31
    mamba80 wrote:
    why does she have to be baptised & became British?

Does she have to stay in an immigration detention camp in Dover while she waits for her British citizenship application and test?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,689
    ben@31 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    No morals or ethics? For asking people who advocate a change of government model how it would benefit us? :?

Yes,

Why can't having a head of state who is elected by the people, regardless of their colour or religion or class, just be the right thing, morally and ethically.
    Is orange acceptable? If so, I give you der Drumpf. Mind you, he can be kicked out or at max be forced out after 8 years.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    ben@31 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Yes,

And you can deselect them at the ballot box, but I guess some people just feel it’s right that they can be a second class subject rather than an equal citizen
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    ben@31 wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:
    why does she have to be baptised & became British?

Does she have to stay in an immigration detention camp in Dover while she waits for her British citizenship application and test?

If she sneaks into the country in the back of a lorry illegally probably yes.
  • ballysmate
    ben@31 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Yes,

We can have what we like as long as enough people want it, Brexit being an example. I just asked people to explain the benefit of changing our system of government. If that makes me immoral in your eyes for challenging an idea, well I won't lose sleep over it.
  • ballysmate
    ben@31 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Yes,

And you can deselect them at the ballot box, but I guess some people just feel it’s right that they can be a second class subject rather than an equal citizen

I'm so sorry you feel second class to anyone. Perhaps you may benefit from some self help books to deal with any inferiority complex.
  • Ballysmate wrote:
    ben@31 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Yes,

I'm so sorry you feel second class to anyone. Perhaps you may benefit from some self help books to deal with any inferiority complex.

It is not a matter of how he feels. He is a second class citizen compared to royalty and anybody with a hereditary seat in the House of Lords.
  • Not even a citizen - a subject. Getting rid of the monarchy should also get rid of the whole gamut of dukes, viscounts etc.
    No need for a House of Lords. If you need a second chamber vote in a bunch of senators. Job done.

Yes, presidents everywhere get a big sense of entitlement and need their Air Force one and presidential bodyguards consisting of blokes in fancy dress, but at least parliament could control this. Hopefully.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,671
    ...but at least parliament could control this. Hopefully.

Bahahahah.

Tell us another one.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • orraloon wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Excellent news everyone. .......

IT'S A WINDSOR WEDDING !

Can we please agree that it's only excellent news if it means a day off?!
    Bleep off Salaryman, some of us are self-employed :wink:

Some of us own the company and aren't looking forward to the leave charts/sick days ;)
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Do you know how much private (illegal) lobbying prince charlie has done and is still is doing? You happy that he has the 'power' to influence government like that?
    David Cameron’s last government attempted to veto the release. In 2012 the then attorney general, Dominic Grieve, warned they “would be seriously damaging to his role as future monarch because, if he forfeits his position of political neutrality as heir to the throne, he cannot easily recover it when he is king”.
    the government spent £400,000 to try and block the release. £400,000 that could have been spent on something on the side of a bus!

And is that better or worse than Murdoch's minion the ginger witch turning up to "run the government"?
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • ballysmate
    Not even a citizen - a subject. Getting rid of the monarchy should also get rid of the whole gamut of dukes, viscounts etc.
    No need for a House of Lords. If you need a second chamber vote in a bunch of senators. Job done.

Yes, presidents everywhere get a big sense of entitlement and need their Air Force one and presidential bodyguards consisting of blokes in fancy dress, but at least parliament could control this. Hopefully.

Not true, unless you are now talking about replacing the monarch with a president will full executive powers.
    The German president for instance fulfils a role broadly similar to that of our queen.
  • Ballysmate wrote:
    Not even a citizen - a subject. Getting rid of the monarchy should also get rid of the whole gamut of dukes, viscounts etc.

Not true, unless you are now talking about replacing the monarch with a president will full executive powers.
    The German president for instance fulfils a role broadly similar to that of our queen.
    Aye, you could indeed have a president with a broadly constitutional role. Better to have a pres like the Germans than many of the other examples out there. But then you would need a proper written constitution - however would us poor Brits cope with one of them?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    The Queen was born in England, so we’re both her parents.

Wow. BikeRadar does have some esteemed members.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • bianchimoon
    Ben6899 wrote:
    The Queen was born in England, so we’re both her parents.

Wow. BikeRadar does have some esteemed members.
    my genuflect reflex is on full alert :wink:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • ben@31
    Ballysmate wrote:
    ben@31 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Yes,

Am I wrong and is this hereditary inequality acceptable?
  • bianchimoon
    ben@31 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    ben@31 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Yes,

Some people don't see it as inequality, they just know their place
  • ben@31
    Ebay is now full of tat.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

But my favourite is someone whos trying to sell a copy of The Sun newspaper for £12 !
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRINCE-HARRY ... SwovNaHXMi

• rjsterry
    ben@31 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    ben@31 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Yes,

What, like every other person who inherited some money or property from their parents?
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• rjsterry wrote:
    ben@31 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    ben@31 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Yes,

What, like every other person who inherited some money or property from their parents?

Not quite the same as some indolent half-wit sitting in the HoL shaping the laws of the country because his great, great, great grandfather kissed the right arse
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry wrote:
    ben@31 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    ben@31 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Yes,

Not quite the same as some indolent half-wit sitting in the HoL shaping the laws of the country because his great, great, great grandfather kissed the right ars*
    If he's really indolent then he wouldn't actually be at the HoL. You know it's only 92 hereditary peers out of the 750.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• qube
    qube Posts: 1,899
    ben@31 wrote:
    Ebay is now full of tat.

But my favourite is someone whos trying to sell a copy of The Sun newspaper for £12 !
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRINCE-HARRY ... SwovNaHXMi.
    Is this guy serious?

Who the actual f**k is buying this?
  • Qube wrote:
    ben@31 wrote:
    Ebay is now full of tat.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRINCE-HARRY ... SwovNaHXMi.
    Is this guy serious?

Who the actual f**k is buying this?

I wouldn’t buy that sh1t rag at face value if it was all that was available to wipe my @rse with
  • bianchimoon
    rjsterry wrote:
    ben@31 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    ben@31 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Yes,

Fixed
    What, like every other person who inherited the crown estate from their parents
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry wrote:
    ben@31 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    ben@31 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Yes,

Fixed
    What, like every other person who inherited the crown estate from their parents
    The crown estate is an independent organisation created by parliament. The Queen doesn't own it in any meaningful sense.
    Pinnacle Monzonite