I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • PBlakeney wrote:
    Sharing winnings is a given.
    The watches were an extra. I think.

Roche famously gave out Irish Wrist Watches
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Visentini was well known as a bit of a scrooge, didn't even share winnings. This is despite coming from a very wealthy family, made their money from dead folk if I recall.
  • Grate day today, Froome was fantastic, nearly beat Contador again
  • Garry H
    Contador's class though, greatest grand tour rider of his generation. 8 GTs to Froome's 4 = he's twice as good.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,085
    Don't quite know where Bertie is going to get over 3 mins back but it's good to see him on form for his farewell tour.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Don't quite know where Bertie is going to get over 3 mins back but it's good to see him on form for his farewell tour.

He won't. He'll be lucky to be within six minutes by the end. Sad, so sad.
  • pinno
    His time is up. He's lit so many races up and despite the chance of him winning this tour being small, he's putting the spark in.
    Now, if Froome crashes...
  • Garry H
    I think that's the only hope anyone else has.

Chavez looked good and you can never discount Nibali. Aru, he just too ugly.
  • Garry H
    Wow! Hold your horses sunshine! This is becoming like Pro Race.

Who do you think would look best with a villain's moustache? Bertie or Froomey?
  • pinno
    Contador would look like a Mexican Bandito and Froome would look lie a member of Eugene Terrablanche's crew.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Clearly any class Bertie had in the past has long gone. He sits on Frome's wheel all day then sprints past for 13th place and no time gain.
    What a c*ck.
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Contador would look like a Mexican Bandito and Froome would look lie a member of Eugene Terrablanche's crew.

He he! Quite true about the second bit. I see him him now, astride a horse, rhino whip in one hand, shotgun in t'other.
  • pinno
    Webboo wrote:
    Clearly any class Bertie had in the past has long gone. He sits on Frome's wheel all day then sprints past for 13th place and no time gain.
    What a c*ck.

Woah there Bertie basher. He's probably riding to his limit and that is all he can do. He's not on par with Froome so if you were his DS, what would be your orders?

Webboo )DS): "Listen Berite, you're passed your best. I've got some 4th category Vets races lined up that I think you can win..."
    AC: "Yeah you're right boss. I mean I don't even like riding bikes' any more. Think i'm going to retire to the Andalusian hills and learn knitting, tend Almond trees and do some flower arranging."
  • Garry H
    Webboo wrote:
    What a c*ck.

Nah, he lead the charge that caused the initial damage today. It was a case of Froome being the only one that could catch up. Rest are a bunch of jokers.

He could've won so much more, had he not been banned. He sits alongside Bernie as the only riders to win all GTs more than once.
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    Garry H wrote:

He could've won so much less, had he not taken the drugs that got him banned. He sits alongside Bernie as the only riders to win all GTs more than once, drug assisted.

Fixed that for you.

You're welcome.
  • Garry H
    Fake News Alert!
  • Looks like rain today, I thought The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Garry H wrote:
    Fake News Alert!

People who don't think Bertie was filthy baffle me.

Weirdly they often seem to be the same people who think Froome is on the juice too. It's weird how that happens.
  • People who don't think cyclists are filthy baffle me.

Another pan flat day today, may go bike shopping
  • Another exciting stage today, weather looks like the UK
  • Garry H
    People who take stuff said on this part of the forum seriously, baffle me. Away to Pro race with that shenanigans.

Of course he's filthy, they all are. Dirty buggers, the lot of them.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,968
    Another pan flat day today, may go bike shopping
    Looking forward to your idea of a hilly day! :lol:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Fake News Alert!

People who don't think Bertie was filthy baffle me.

Weirdly they often seem to be the same people who think Froome is on the juice too. It's weird how that happens.

No - come on: the juice worked for Bertie better than it did for the others.

Back OT: This Vuelta is slowly getting better and better.
  • Garry H
    Froome to crash into a Lynx and Nibali to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, again.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,968
    Helicopters should stay at an elevation high enough for good aerial shots.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Helicopters should stay at an elevation high enough for good aerial shots.

All those endless switchbacks in the last 20km's and seemingly identical (aside from left or right) not good enough for you?
    I dream of a descent like that.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Froome to crash into a Lynx and Nibali to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, again.

A midge would do the job.
  • Garry H wrote:

I thought Froome was a brilliant descender? And don't start me on those rubbish Di2 Pinerellos
  • Garry H
    So what happened? Puncture? Or was it a Lynx? Or even the dreaded curse of the Di2?