TDF 2017: 15th July - Blagnac - Rodez - 181.5kms *Spoilers*

Comments

• Pross wrote:
    Is it Mike Smith talking with Pippa? He seems to be calling her 'him'.

*facepalm*
  • Rob *crush* Hatch
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Mathews given up on Green jersey then?
    I'd say so; Matthews has now got enough lead over Greipel that he’s more or less guaranteed 2nd place in the Points competition when they reach Paris, so today he can concentrate on trying for the stage win.
    It’s why Sunweb have been at the front with BMC and Merida - so that De Gendt doesn’t get too far ahead of him, Van Avermaet and Colbrelli.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    Top Cat Fab Feline climbs off. Boo.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,158
    Meanwhile, that Beagle Street advert surely takes the award for 'worst advert of the Tour'. It's like something out of The Apprentice, only twice as hokey.

If I'd just bought a house with someone and they wanted me to take out life insurance before unpacking I think I'd be nervous!
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Ridgerider wrote:
    A thought for the day...

If Landa has accepted his position as no.2 in the Sky ranking, then it follows that he will not finish ahead of Froome in the GC.

On that basis, whatever card Sky play with him is irrelevant. He is not in the game anymore.
    That's all very well for the yellow - but most teams are riding to protect podium, top 5 positions and Landa is a big threat there.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Ridgerider wrote:
    A thought for the day...

If Landa has accepted his position as no.2 in the Sky ranking, then it follows that he will not finish ahead of Froome in the GC.

On that basis, whatever card Sky play with him is irrelevant. He is not in the game anymore.
    That's all very well for the yellow - but most teams are riding to protect podium, top 5 positions and Landa is a big threat there.

How is anyone else to know whether he's accepted his position or not? If he's down the road and suddenly finds himself in yellow then all bets are off.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Anyone know what the deal is with Lemoine? Has spent quite a while off the back by around thirty seconds or so. Medical?
  • Richmond Racer 2
    Richmond Racer 2 Posts: 4,698
    edited July 2017
    ooh hello Reto Hollenstein in the break

Snapped the fella on Ventoux last Jul

Hollenstein_zpsbiwobsx0.jpg
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    ooh hello Reto Hollenstein in the break

The fella on Ventoux last Jul

http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/simonewar/media/TdF%202016%20Ventoux/Hollenstein_zpsbiwobsx0.jpg.html

Had to chase quite hard to get onto the move - it'd gone a long way down the road before an angry DS managed to wake him up.
  • wind....
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    wind....

Remember to blame the dog.

Hardly.

c28b766101_1439904421_Niemand-weet-waarom-de-kille-wind-nog-waaien-zou.gif

Kittel the only casualty...............and tail end Cummings.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    De Ghent thinning the break out. TV Tommy lurching around behind him.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Ridgerider wrote:
    A thought for the day...

How is anyone else to know whether he's accepted his position or not? If he's down the road and suddenly finds himself in yellow then all bets are off.

Well I agree. I was just making the point that all these people arguing Landa is out of the game on the basis Sky might not "let" him take yellow are ignoring the rest of the race - the teams with a shout of a podium spot will ride for that.

People in the Tour ride to protect top 15s...
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Ridgerider wrote:
    A thought for the day...

Well I agree. I was just making the point that all these people arguing Landa is out of the game on the basis Sky might not "let" him take yellow are ignoring the rest of the race - the teams with a shout of a podium spot will ride for that.

People in the Tour ride to protect top 15s...

I was agreing with you. Could have sworn I'd typed 'also' at the start :oops:
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    TdG just rides Vockler off his wheel. I'd love to be able to do that !
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    TdG solo against the peloton and into a headwind....
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • apropos of nothing, I am loving Warren B in this race

*blows a kiss*
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,170
    It would be very entertaining to see Landa go full-on Cunego. (I still have a soft spot for il Bastardo.)
  • Pross
    De Gendt is so strong in this race but seems to be lacking any sense. Surely it's too early to go alone into the wind?
  • ah, that video of the the GVA and Sagz fight....*kisses fingers*
  • Pross wrote:
    De Gendt is so strong in this race but seems to be lacking any sense. Surely it's too early to go alone into the wind?

If this was Twitter, you'd pin this as a tweet
  • Pross
    Game over. Must be annoying losing time so quickly while you're still riding hard in a massive gear.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,033
    http://commentators2.dimensiondata.live/#/live-tracking

23kph headwind/crosswind, no wonder De Gent was suffering and has been gobbled up, aero saving must be key at this point.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • bobmcstuff
    Interesting finale this.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Sky at the front. They must think they've a man in the break
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • bobmcstuff
    Sky at the front. They must think they've a man in the break
    Apparently Cavendish tipped Kwiatowski for this finish.
  • ^twould be a decent way of thanking Kwaito. He's been incredible.
  • bobmcstuff
    Unfortunately he seems to be shepherding Froome.

Aru is way back, Froome is at the front - could be interesting with only 6s between.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,033
    Here we go, climb for your life, last ~500m.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo