TDF 2017: 13 July - Stage 12: Pau - Peyragudes 214.5kms *Spoilers*

1131415161719»

Comments

• TGOTB wrote:
    I'm amazed that riders take the risk of drinking water provided by strangers. If there are spectators sick enough to throw "unpleasant liquids" on certain riders, isn't there a risk of being handed a bottle laced with something that could make you ill, or cause you to fail a dope test?

The teams tell the riders not to

Uran took his from a Cannondale employee up there on a personal jaunt

Dunno about Bennett and Bardet tho
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,158
    Listening to Liggett's commentary of the 2012 finish here and how poorly he understood the Froome / Wiggins dynamic I wonder how he managed to keep working for so long after. Utterly clueless!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,158
    With hindsight Sky chasing hard and preventing the break staying away was a mistake. Surely when you have the leader it's better to take the bonus seconds out of the equation?
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    I think it was a big bluff knowing Froome wasn't on great form. Keep the pace high, discourage other attacks, make things look like business as usual.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    The UCI Commissaires Panel has announced on RadioTour that after watching again the last 30km of racing, decided to annul the penalties imposed on riders Serge Pauwels (Dimension Data), George Bennett (LottoNL-Jumbo) and Rigoberto Uran (Cannondale Drapac), in light of the inability of teams to resupply their riders before the last climb of stage 12 of the 2017 Tour de France due to specific circumstances of the race which had blocked vehicles.

The Rationale / Excuse
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    imatfaal wrote:
    The UCI Commissaires Panel has announced on RadioTour that after watching again the last 30km of racing, decided to annul the penalties imposed on riders Serge Pauwels (Dimension Data), George Bennett (LottoNL-Jumbo) and Rigoberto Uran (Cannondale Drapac), in light of the inability of teams to resupply their riders before the last climb of stage 12 of the 2017 Tour de France due to specific circumstances of the race which had blocked vehicles.

The figleaf

FTFY
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Knowing how much he likes his gels on the final climb of the day (AdH in 2013), I wonder whether that was an issue for Froome?

If it was, it's plausible that he might not advertise the fact, to encourage his rivals to think he's weaker than he really is...
    Pannier, 120rpm.