It's All Kicking Off in The Bottom Bracket

ridgerider
ridgerider Posts: 2,852
edited March 2017 in Pro race
Just to note that it has been known for the members of the Bottom Bracket forum to, by their own admission, disrupt a thread for their own amusement in order to populate their own "It's Kicking Off" thread.
Half man, Half bike

Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    It's an interesting experience. Not entirely unlike participating in a psychic show by a sweary and utterly incompetent cut-price Derren Brown.

Your mother's name was Agnes? Angela? Starts with an A? Albert? Alfred? There's someone who starts with an A in your life? Andrew? You know an Andrew?

I'm getting a message from him. He wants you to know he's at peace on the other side.

He's sitting next to you?.... Oh.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Ooh no, I had enough of them in The Cake Stop. I'll be banned if I write any more, on a warning already.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    That was erm... interesting.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • ridgerider
    Home to Bike Radar's Bullington Club.

(And probably wcf)
    Half man, Half bike
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Ridgerider wrote:
    Home to Bike Radar's Bullington Club.

(And probably wcf)
    It's more like a strip club in a provincial town at 2am on a Tuesday.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Do you think any of them actually even like cycling or are they on there just to be tw@ts?
  • joelsim
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Do you think any of them actually even like cycling or are they on there just to be tw@ts?

If you want the answer to your question then have a look at the EU thread.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Joelsim wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:

If you want the answer to your question then have a look at the EU thread.
    No, don't. There are some on there that make me despair for humanity. It's far too depressing.
  • Paul 8v
    I try not to look at anything with the letters EU or the word Brexit in now, as you say, it's depressing.

And I take back what I said. It looks like there is one guy in there who is a total idiot who seems to rule that section of the forum. Get rid of him and it would probably be OK.
  • Paul 8v
    The aforementioned psychic. Who seems to hate all cyclists despite posting on a cycling forum!
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    I don't seem to have bottom bracket. I think my firewall is pretecting me.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Joelsim wrote:
    Ooh no, I had enough of them in The Cake Stop. I'll be banned if I write any more, on a warning already.
    Then that would be Cake Stoppers not BBers. Anyway unless I'm getting my Joelsim's mixed up you're a fine one to talk. Aren't you the slow witted son of Pro Race, tolerated now only because of your dedication and cockroach like ability to endure, as proved by surviving the now infamous and potentially devastating RichN95 character assassination attempt. Which I did think was a little low at the time but I can now see how you might irritate some :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    ridgerider, not a doctor, Pross (should know better) It's silly season but this is beneath pro race, shame on you all.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ridgerider
    I only go there for a laugh, our very own Pseuds Corner.
    Half man, Half bike
  • RichN95.
    edited February 2017
    seanoconn wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    Then that would be Cake Stoppers not BBers. Anyway unless I'm getting my Joelsim's mixed up you're a fine one to talk. Aren't you the slow witted son of Pro Race, tolerated now only because of your dedication and cockroach like ability to endure, as proved by surviving the now infamous and potentially devastating RichN95 character assassination attempt. Which I did think was a little low at the time but I can now see how you might irritate some :D
    No, I like Joel. We just disagreed about motors. Thanks to his love of fantasy games, he's far better informed about obscure riders than I.
  • Is this where people from the Wiggins threads hang now?
  • joelsim
    RichN95 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    No, I like Joel. We just disagreed about motors. Thanks to his love of fantasy games, he's far better informed about obscure riders than I.

Rich and I get on very well.
  • Is this where people from the Wiggins threads hang now?

Maybe not this thread, but the BB is the obvious place for a Wiggins thread.
    No holds barred, post pretty much post anything you like and no swear filter.
    The trolling could and would go to a whole new level.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,158
    seanoconn wrote:
    ridgerider, not a doctor, Pross (should know better) It's silly season but this is beneath pro race, shame on you all.

I haven't commented :shock:
  • ridgerider
    It's how they operate...If you are not part of the BB clique, keep away. :D
    Half man, Half bike
  • joelsim
    Ridgerider wrote:
    It's how they operate...If you are not part of the BB clique, keep away. :D

It's called The Bottom Bracket as there are lots of bottoms in there.
  • ridgerider
    But they don't have a swear filter for naughty words...which is cool.
    Half man, Half bike
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    is this a place where we can discuss wiggins without the closed minded getting aggressive and personal causing useful information to get deleted along with the twaddle?
  • RichN95.
    edited February 2017
    is this a place where we can discuss wiggins without the closed minded getting aggressive and personal causing useful information to get deleted along with the twaddle?
    Does the title refer to Wiggins?

You had a hundred pages to post useful information, but didn't post anything interesting. Any pertinent information can be written in two sentences.
  • is this a place where we can discuss wiggins without the closed minded getting aggressive and personal causing useful information to get deleted along with the twaddle?

Yes and no.
    It will get very aggressive and personal, with lots and lots of naughty, sweary words, but it definitely won't get deleted.
    As for the closed minds, those that haven't already made up theirs are always open to change.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    I'm pleased to see that our efforts are being recognised at last. I think of BB as performing a valuable social function. Reduces pressure on the social services, keeps trouble makers off the streets and takes randomness to new levels. What can be wrong with that?
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Mikey23 wrote:
    I'm pleased to see that our efforts are being recognised at last. I think of BB as performing a valuable social function. Reduces pressure on the social services, keeps trouble makers off the streets and takes randomness to new levels. What can be wrong with that?

It's as random as a strawberry trifle though ...
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Indeed it is bud, indeed it is!
  • Another thread bites the dust, just as the Guardian puts the wellie in the Daily Fail, too...
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Wow! Despite being an interloper from Commutting Chat/Cake Stop, I seem to have created the only PR Wiggins thread not to get locked and/or deleted this year.

It's still out there! *

*(I may be asking for trouble by highlighting this)