Old obscure T.V programmes.

Comments

• mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    mrfpb wrote:
    Can't remember the title, but does anyone remeber a kids TV show where the main character's dad was played by Roger Daltrey as an ageing, racist teddy boy? I think it was written and prodcued by Nigel Farage before he got into politics.

(The last bit is not actually true)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQh7zJ6HffY

Cheers. The sound on that transfer is appaling!
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,026
    Garry H wrote:
    mrfpb wrote:
    Can't remember the title, but does anyone remeber a kids TV show where the main character's dad was played by Roger Daltrey as an ageing, racist teddy boy? I think it was written and prodcued by Nigel Farage before he got into politics.

(The last bit is not actually true)

I remember it. Don't know what it was called though

Buddy?

edit - already answered
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Garry H wrote:
    The "West of England". Isn't that just the bit of wales that got cut off?

You. Outside. NOW.
    apreading wrote:
    Anyone remember the Gemini Man? A guy with a digital watch which made him invisible at the touch of a button. I remember that digital watches had only just come out and I soooo wanted one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTWLDa5DnpQ

Yes, I totally wanted one too. And his slightly weird denim jacket. NOTE: I was about 8.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,501
    Back on topic - Pogles Wood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNiimC07_Ac

The witch used to scare me sh**less

Oliver Postgate - the sound of childhood to millions
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,085
    Stig of the dump. That was ace.

Are you going to 'teach Garry H a lesson' SecretSam? What had you got in mind? Are you selling tickets?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • mrfpb
    SecretSam wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

You. Outside. NOW.

Actual real map from history'n'all:

England626AD.jpg
  • secretsam
    mrfpb wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

You. Outside. NOW.

England626AD.jpg

I'm from Bristol, which is clearly not in Wales. You're not getting off that easily. I'm gonna duff you up.

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    SecretSam wrote:
    mrfpb wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

You. Outside. NOW.

England626AD.jpg

I'm from Bristol, which is clearly not in Wales. You're not getting off that easily. I'm gonna duff you up.

Ahh, ok. I like Bristol, I'll let you off the hook. They don't half talk funny though :wink:

Edit: Hang on! That map says that the Glasweegies are Welsh'n all!
  • Garry H
    Anyway. Who remembers The Fall Guy? I wrote an essay about that when I was ten!!
  • pinno
    That explains a lot. I am a much travelled man and I's been all over the world: Bodmin. St Agnes, Tregadillett, Exeter. I's even been to Cinderford - way up in the North. I still have my anus and i'm alive. Now the point of the matter.... I don't know what the point of the matter is... I's forgotten. Hell, reminds me of that fire in St Agnes model Village. Flames could be seen from 3 feet away. My friend took his driving test and the drivin' instruttor said "Can you make a U turn?" and he said "If you gave me a pair of Wellington's, I could make her eyes water".
    So there's not much difference in the people really...

I'll be releasing a book soon. Be sure to buy a copy.

Yoo's from Brissle mrfb?! :roll:
  • secretsam
    Garry H wrote:
    Ahh, ok. I like Bristol, I'll let you off the hook. They don't half talk funny though :wink:

You're not making this any easier for yourself, you know. Now various family members, lots of football fans, and a few celebrities are going to join in. Better make your will. We're gonna rearrange all your bits :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol::lol::lol:

• Garry H
    Went to a nightclub in Bristol once, after watching Wales beat someone at the Millenium Stadium. Luckily i was completely sozzled and don't quite remember anything, other than walking into a kebab shop window on the way home. Good times!
  • pinno
    SecretSam wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

You're not making this any easier for yourself, you know. Now various family members, lots of football fans, and a few celebrities are going to join in. Better make your will. We're gonna rearrange all your bits :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol::lol::lol:

Oh I see, you're all related to Ian Holloway. Actually, your're all related.
  • Garry H
    Looks like we've hijacked the thread again and this time dragged young Sam along with us!
  • Garry H
    Selwyn Froggitt, anyone?
  • mrfpb
    Pinno wrote:
    That explains a lot. I am a much travelled man and I's been all over the world: Bodmin. St Agnes, Tregadillett, Exeter. I's even been to Cinderford - way up in the North. I still have my anus and i'm alive. Now the point of the matter.... I don't know what the point of the matter is... I's forgotten. Hell, reminds me of that fire in St Agnes model Village. Flames could be seen from 3 feet away. My friend took his driving test and the drivin' instruttor said "Can you make a U turn?" and he said "If you gave me a pair of Wellington's, I could make her eyes water".

No, originally from Cardiff, the English bit of Wales.
  • Garry H
    mrfpb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Were you kicked out of Wales as well? :o
  • mrfpb
    Garry H wrote:
    Selwyn Froggitt, anyone?

Now you're just getting this mixed up with the Inexplicable Crushes thread.
  • mrfpb
    Garry H wrote:
    mrfpb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Were you kicked out of Wales as well? :o

Exiled! Well I could go back any time I want to, it's just that I very rarely want to.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Looks like we've hijacked the thread again and this time dragged young Sam along with us!

3's company. So what you at? What have you been doing on your day off ffs? :roll:
    I went for a pedal. It was frikkin cold.

1 x vest.
    1 x Le Col winter tights
    1 x merino base layer
    1. x HH Freeze
    1 x SS jersey
    1 x Espresso.

[In no particular order]

Put on my new fancy pants 'Le Col' tights with pad. Now I am very sexy wiz my Le Col pants. Except it might have been good for a fat bloke who had eaten all the pies and "good for -28 deg c" but for me, it wasn't. So I reversed the above procedure and put my Endura Roubaix on top of le Le Col and added 2 pairs of socks and neoprene overshoes and glove liners and glove outers and skull cap and lined woolly hat. 2 hours later, I was... out on my bike and just about comfortable.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Actually, this map shows them as 'Native Britons' down the West Coast. So the Welsh are 'more British' than the English???

saxons-christians-lincs.jpg

And the Scots are from Ireland, so have little claim to all but a tiny bit of Scotland - certainly not North Sea Oil...!
  • apreading
    Garry H wrote:
    Anyway. Who remembers The Fall Guy? I wrote an essay about that when I was ten!!

Ahh - who could forget the delightful Heather Thomas?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 94903b.jpg
  • apreading
    Garry H wrote:
    Went to a nightclub in Bristol once, after watching Wales beat someone at the Millenium Stadium. Luckily i was completely sozzled and don't quite remember anything, other than walking into a kebab shop window on the way home. Good times!

I went to a nightclub in Bristol a couple of weeks ago, to watch a live Rock band. It was on a Russion Cargo ship...!
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

3's company. So what you at? What have you been doing on your day off ffs? :roll:
    I went for a pedal. It was frikkin cold.

1 x vest.
    1 x Le Col winter tights
    1 x merino base layer
    1. x HH Freeze
    1 x SS jersey
    1 x Espresso.

[In no particular order]

Put on my new fancy pants 'Le Col' tights with pad. Now I am very sexy wiz my Le Col pants. Except it might have been good for a fat bloke who had eaten all the pies and "good for -28 deg c" but for me, it wasn't. So I reversed the above procedure and put my Endura Roubaix on top of le Le Col and added 2 pairs of socks and neoprene overshoes and glove liners and glove outers and skull cap and lined woolly hat. 2 hours later, I was... out on my bike and just about comfortable.

Dropped car off for MOT this morn.
    Went for a quick ride (Rapha Pro Team Jacket, Sportful Gilet, Merino Baselayer, Assos Airjack 851 Tights, Brooks Saddle).
    Chopped logs
    Messed about in house with Cat (It likes porridge :? )
    Went to pick up car. 90 quid for MOT and service, nothing need done. Good old Toe Yo Tah!
    Lots of snow now.
    Fire lit.
    Evening of nothing other than talking bollox on here.
  • I had my squeaky brakes fixed. £36. No parts needed, just an adjust and scrub. No longer embarrased about braking (car btw)
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Garry H
    I had my squeaky brakes fixed. £36. No parts needed, just an adjust and scrub. No longer embarrased about braking (car btw)

Stop hijacking this thread :wink:
  • Drum brakes see, and people complain about discs
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Garry H
    What car you got?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Garry H wrote:
    Now you're talking garry. I loved the theme tune as a kid and the pretty blond had an effect on me but I was too young to know why. Years after I was convinced she was Heather Locklear but was completely wrong of course.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Garry H
    Colt Seevers, "The unknown stuntman". Loved the theme tune as well.