Don't own any Rapha...but

1235»

Comments

• Arguably most windstoppers are waterproof. And this has taped seams. Odd that they don't make more of a play of it as being the hardshell replacement. Bonkers that they've ditched the softshell.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Daniel B wrote:
    You should have told them you were going to return it all, and buy it again at the lower price, and they can save both of you the hassle.

But he couldn't do that as they no longer had stock in his sizes.

Oh yeah. Missed that bit.

If you wanted it at the price you paid, why did you suddenly not want it anymore?
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    As some others have said its a mix of good and not so good,i like the core jersey and arm warmers but the shorts I don't like.I had shorts sent to me and the cotton has not been cut off in some places and just hanging,also had a pair with a like razor cut in the leg about 3mm sent them back no problems.
    Assos for me and they also do crash replacement.
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    I got some Pro Team Bib shorts yesterday for 56 quid. Granted they're Sky ones, and I'm not a fan of Sky kit, but 56 quid? My normal PT bib shorts are easily the best ones I've owned. I'll take the abuse at the club run on Sunday.
  • Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    Navrig2 wrote:
    Navrig2 wrote:
    I have a pair of Rapha bibshorts... coming to the end of their life... thread kept coming undone since new, until my Mom saw them when I was in Italy and she sorted them in 5 minutes with the sewing machine. I've got a couple of jerseys, they are not better than the much cheaper Torm... value for money is not their forte, image is...
    IMO they are more for those who do 30 miles to the cafe' and back on a sunday than those who do 10,000 miles a year...

This, Rapha have a couple of nice little finishes - pump holder, headphone cable guides, label with a wee story. I rarely carry a pump in my pockets, I never listen to music when riding on road and the story is nice the first time you read it. Otherwise you get much better VFM from Torm.

The limitation with Torm is colour selection compared to Rapha. I really like some of the Rapha country l/s merino jerseys.

Mine must be pre-pump holder... the little story about pou-pou wore off in no time and the actual label came unstitched from inside the pocket. That one must be 2013, the other one (a CX cross black jersey with some coloured bits) is 2012 I think.
    Torm's selection might be smaller, but given these days with Rapha you can choose between black, Sky black or looking like a bee, Torm still is a bigger selection of colours to me. Torm pockets got bigger than their mach 1 version too (thanks to me mainly!).

Rapha's sales smoothen the edge off their price... 120 quid becomes 100, it doesn't make much difference to be honest, if I can get something similar for 60.

Most of all, I think their design is very different from their design 5-8 years ago. It all changed when they teamed up with Sky and they made their way in the PRO-lookalike market... before it was mostly about having pastel coloured cycling garmets that weren't PRO peloton.

Just had a look at the Torm website. They have increased the colour range since I last bought. Not sure I could justify and new jerseys though.

Torm are also very active on here and listen to customers. There is a thread where comments were made about the size of the pockets. Since then they have increased the pocket size on the larger jerseys. Not sure I've seen anyone from Rapha on here?
    Me and Al come on here when we can, there really is only 2 of us at Torm and we also run a local bike shop so time can be a challenge in the summer but we do like to hear your suggestions for colours and design changes and we will implement them if we can.