• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    that Lapierre looks pretty good, shame they're not very popular

They'll be more popular now.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    It's a beauty
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    If the Aircode didn't have that little flick upwards at the seatpost I would like it.
    Looks better in that colour as well.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    Campag do discs...

campagnolo-new-components-2017-2-8.jpg?itok=sAhm-Ozl

campagnolo-new-components-2017-2-6.jpg?itok=PFz-HbTz

campagnolo-new-components-2017-11.jpg?itok=hS1FAolg

campagnolo-new-components-2017-9.jpg?itok=-N8e3KxM

Apparently needs a disc specific chainset...
    “As the geometries and spacing found on disc brake frames differ a good deal with respect to their traditional rim brake predecessors, the design of the transmission and chainline must take these differences into account to ensure optimum performance,” says Campagnolo.

“Campagnolo engineers have developed the H11 chainset to match perfectly with Super Record, Record and Chorus transmissions, as well as a new Potenza 11 chainset, to ensure shifting is as crisp, clean and precise as any other groupset with rim brakes. This new chainset design, in both H11 and Potenza 11 versions, ensures excellent precision for 142mm rear spacing and does so without altering the Q factor [145.5mm].”
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    that Lapierre looks pretty good, shame they're not very popular

Yes. It must take a long time to build a strong brand.
  • pinno
    dish_dash wrote:
    Campag do discs...

Apart from that damn 4 spoke chainset, it looks good.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    dish_dash wrote:
    Campag do discs...

campagnolo-new-components-2017-2-8.jpg?itok=sAhm-Ozl

campagnolo-new-components-2017-2-6.jpg?itok=PFz-HbTz

campagnolo-new-components-2017-11.jpg?itok=hS1FAolg

campagnolo-new-components-2017-9.jpg?itok=-N8e3KxM

Apparently needs a disc specific chainset...
    “As the geometries and spacing found on disc brake frames differ a good deal with respect to their traditional rim brake predecessors, the design of the transmission and chainline must take these differences into account to ensure optimum performance,” says Campagnolo.

“Campagnolo engineers have developed the H11 chainset to match perfectly with Super Record, Record and Chorus transmissions, as well as a new Potenza 11 chainset, to ensure shifting is as crisp, clean and precise as any other groupset with rim brakes. This new chainset design, in both H11 and Potenza 11 versions, ensures excellent precision for 142mm rear spacing and does so without altering the Q factor [145.5mm].”

What is going on with the bar tape behind the shifter, shocking. I've been waiting for Campagnolo discs for ages, but as they are direct mount only, it looks like I'll stick with my JuinTech's. There are too many new 'standards' or compatibility issues with Campag's disc range.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Disc specific chainset - that's a pricey addition
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • salsiccia1
    Pinno wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:
    Campag do discs...

Word. Who decided they were a good idea?
  • pinno
    Gweeds wrote:

Isn't that just bollox? I mean, read the leaflet about making sure you fit the chain properly because it could result in 'serious injury or death'. I mean, riding a bike could result in serious injury or death and falling down stairs could result in serious injury or death. There is even the same warning for the overboard cups. And whatever you do, do not fit a chain that is non campag - lightening will strike you and you'll be sent to hell for all eternity.

It won't be long before end users and LBS's get the gen on ways around the problem. It might just be a slightly bigger cross over issue and nothing more if you fitted a standard c'set.
  • pinno
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:
    Campag do discs...

Probably something to do with marketing and non-compatibility with old stock and chainset specific chain rings (to make money, if that wasn't obvious). The whole cross compatibility issue just gets bigger and bigger and I don't see why. It will force users into "i'm going all Shimano" or "i'm going all Sram" (reference to discs etc). The only caveat is (I have been told) is that 11 speed Shimano cassettes are compatible with Campag drive trains and vice versa.
    BB's are a PITA. Those threadless BB's are as far as I am concerned, the worst decision on frame design made in the last 12(?) years.

Wednesday rant over.
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    A nice bit of chromovelato*

C_S5Ye9XsAA6Obc.jpg:large

* not actual chromovelato
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    Gweeds wrote:

Strange that in the parallel universe of mountain biking there was never a clarion call for disc specific chainsets. (I am talking about when you could get v- brakes, hydraulic rim brakes as well as disc brakes),
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Gweeds wrote:

Strange that in the parallel universe of mountain biking there was never a clarion call for disc specific chainsets. (I am talking about when you could get v- brakes, hydraulic rim brakes as well as disc brakes),

MTBs have always had longer chainstays, so chainline issues are less of a problem. On road bikes, a 135mm+ hub and short chainstays are always going to be tricky. Specialized's previous disc bikes even had specific wheelsets with a special offset that wasn't compatible with anything else to try to solve this problem. Obviously that didn't catch on.
  • pinno
    A nice bit of chromovelato*

* not actual chromovelato

I noticed that thing in the Giro. Haven't made my mind up about it yet. It's a sort of fully chromed rear triangle/fork combo. Half retro, half contemporary.
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    Crampeur wrote:
    Gweeds wrote:

MTBs have always had longer chainstays, so chainline issues are less of a problem. On road bikes, a 135mm+ hub and short chainstays are always going to be tricky. Specialized's previous disc bikes even had specific wheelsets with a special offset that wasn't compatible with anything else to try to solve this problem. Obviously that didn't catch on.
    Doffs cap, thank you for the explanation
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Crampeur wrote:
    Gweeds wrote:

Doffs cap, thank you for the explanation

Yep, had me scratching my head a bit.
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Crampeur wrote:
    Gweeds wrote:

I have some of those wheels axis 4 scs. They move freehub inboard by about 5mm so can still be used on any other frameset, just realign derailleur.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Pinno wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:
    Campag do discs...

Probably something to do with marketing and non-compatibility with old stock and chainset specific chain rings (to make money, if that wasn't obvious). The whole cross compatibility issue just gets bigger and bigger and I don't see why. It will force users into "i'm going all Shimano" or "i'm going all Sram" (reference to discs etc). The only caveat is (I have been told) is that 11 speed Shimano cassettes are compatible with Campag drive trains and vice versa.
    BB's are a PITA. Those threadless BB's are as far as I am concerned, the worst decision on frame design made in the last 12(?) years.

Wednesday rant over.

I've got one on my cyclocross bike. Bastard thing only lasts about 300 miles between needing to be replaced. Keeps the bike shops in business I suppose
  • pinno
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:
    Campag do discs...

Wednesday rant over.

I've got one on my cyclocross bike. Bastard thing only lasts about 300 miles between needing to be replaced. Keeps the bike shops in business I suppose

I've heard that Praxxis BB's are the solution.
  • pinno
    I like this. Available at Pro Bike Kit. £80 though and it won't match a stitch of anything I got:

11415063-5594478047324710.jpg
  • salsiccia1
    Would go well with some grey slacks
  • pinno
    Only Grandads and squares wear grey slacks and i'm not one of them.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Pinno wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:
    Campag do discs...

Wednesday rant over.

I've heard that Praxxis BB's are the solution.

Ah thanks. I'll check them out
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    Those Oakley glasses that convert from leisure to cycling with some frame tweaking look like they might be the bomb.

In this months Cyclist magazine, landed in the post today.

http://uk.oakley.com/en/custom/crossran ... angeCustom
  • FocusZing
    _imp_Edet_Vochtig_Navul_Extra_Care_35358wowm_210_210_1.jpg

For where the sun don't shine.
  • pinno
    Is that Dumoulin's preferred option?
  • FocusZing
    I would expect so:)
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    DAvn1-pWAAAb6oc.jpg:large

Don't normally like the jersey insprired bikes - especially Spec's versions which always look a little tacky. But that is gorgeous
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    Wow that is stunning!
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023