Your Wristwatches

Comments

• seanoconn wrote:
    fnq59 wrote:
    TAG F1
    TAG Carrera Cal 1887 Chrono
    Tudor Heritage Blue Chrono
    Oris Great Barrier Reef II (had to given where I live)
    Longines Heritage Moonphase
    Bausele Chronos Series Red
    G Shock
    Citizen Ecodrive
    You live by the Great Barrier Reef? :(
    User name fnq59 would have to be Far North Queensland....
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • fnq59
    fnq59 Posts: 37
    seanoconn wrote:
    fnq59 wrote:
    TAG F1
    TAG Carrera Cal 1887 Chrono
    Tudor Heritage Blue Chrono
    Oris Great Barrier Reef II (had to given where I live)
    Longines Heritage Moonphase
    Bausele Chronos Series Red
    G Shock
    Citizen Ecodrive
    You live by the Great Barrier Reef? :(
    User name fnq59 would have to be Far North Queensland....

:D Beautiful Cairns
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,415
    4kicks wrote:
    what I really want is my dads watch
    He was presented a Gold Rolex Day Date by the Sultan of Oman for some "work" he did in the Dhofar counterinsurgency in the 70s. Its a bit like this: 8Ce327D.jpg

It's lacking a bit of bling for my taste :)
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn wrote:
    4kicks wrote:
    He was presented a Gold Rolex Day Date by the Sultan of Oman for some "work" he did in the Dhofar counterinsurgency in the 70s. Its a bit like this: 8Ce327D.jpg

At first glance I thought that was a cannabis plant pictured on it, must get my eyes checked.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn wrote:
    4kicks wrote:

At first glance I thought that was a cannabis plant pictured on it, must get my eyes checked.
    It's clearly an erect green penis mounted on an adjustable telescopic platform.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    seanoconn wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    4kicks wrote:

It's clearly an erect green penis mounted on an adjustable telescopic platform.
    Maybe a Rolex is what people with green appendages wear to compensate for that problem? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    I've got a Raymond Weil chronograph as a daily watch and birth year Rolex Oyster

[Rlx1500s.JPG
    I'd love a cool watch from my birth year. I found a Timex from my birth year :?

Not practical for some of us.

stock-photo-spain-tarragona-ancient-sundial-on-a-stone-platform-21459691.jpg
    That would wreak havoc on your wrist :lol:

I imagine he's got a strong wrist
  • 4kicks wrote:
    I went through a "watch phase" -
    Rolex Submariner
    Bell & Ross 126 Vintage
    Seiko Bellmatic
    Rolex Dress Watch
    Chronoswiss
    But they all now just sit in a safe, dont really wear any apart from Ive just bought myself a Garmin Fenix after my last GPS computer died. Im really over the whole watch thing, would sell them if I could be assed, the point of the post is what I really want is my dads watch
    Hes still got the box and the certificate, its, of course, very valuable as I think ten were made.It was always to be my heirloom but, hes eighty and still going very strong, so I suspect it will actually be handed directly on to my son, who is now nine and currently wants nothing more than a Mickey Mouse watch.

Around $170,000 apparently.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • 4kicks
    4kicks Posts: 549
    Crikey. Perhaps I should off him and sell it. Mind you he is ex Army so probably he could still take me down.
    Fitter....healthier....more productive.....
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,554
    sungod wrote:
    mostly wear this one...

...also have a raymond weil dress watch (another automatic)

have had them 15+ years, not really inclined to change, though i did lust after this for a while... http://www.vancleefarpels.com/eu/en/la- ... piece.html

the raymond weil one...

watchrw.jpg

...i do like crocodile straps, though they make me feel a bit guilty as i also like crocodiles
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • turpinr
    turpinr Posts: 255
    I've got a rolex air king which I rarely wear, a tag f1 which is my favourite and gets worn at the weekends and a rado dress watch which is the smartest of the 3.
    I like the look of the new tag aquaracer ceramic in blue and I'm tempted to sell the air king and get it.
  • seanoconn
    Tag F1 seems to be the favourite.

Very disappointed to open a parcel this morning that I was sure was my new watch, it wasn't :(
  • seanoconn
    4kicks wrote:
    Crikey. Perhaps I should off him and sell it. Mind you he is ex Army so probably he could still take me down.
    My dad is 76 and could take me down with ease. He's like the flipping terminator.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    4kicks wrote:
    My dad is 76 and could take me down with ease. He's like the flipping terminator.
    There could be copyright issues here.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    4kicks wrote:
    There could be copyright issues here.
    Did you ever find Sarah Connor?
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Did you ever find Sarah Connor?
    I think I married her. She's a badass mother****** :)
  • turpinr
    turpinr Posts: 255
    seanoconn wrote:
    Tag F1 seems to be the favourite.

Very disappointed to open a parcel this morning that I was sure was my new watch, it wasn't :(
    Has it gone to worsley??
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    I love watches and have gone thro' a few. Currently

Rolex Sea Dweller (2001)
    IWC MkXV
    Rolex mid size bi-metal DJ
    Rolex Explorer I (away @ service)
    Rolex Polar Explorer
    Oris Big Crown
    Oris Big Crown (original)
    C.Ward Diver (600m)

I've had JlC/Panerai/Omega and others. I HATE Hublot but would like a simple AP Royal Oak and a Rolex Hulk
  • 22stu
    22stu Posts: 69
    Had my Seamaster chrono since 2000 - my daily wearer, goes in the sea and pool. Hardy ever off my wrist and has been reliable.
    Had a Planet Ocean but found it a little too 'Bling' and a few Tag's but must admit do keep getting tempted by a Rolex Submariner a friend is looking to sell. :D
  • U boat watches for me. I like them as they seem a bit rarer than the common stuff.
  • seanoconn
    Yay I got my watch :D Plus the £53 duty fee :roll:

D6B0A7F9-FAE4-4852-8F6E-71C6D91B866A_zpsmdsmnm0k.jpg

70's Gruen, excuse the close up of a hairy wrist. I just need to squirrel away some money from the Missus to buy a Seiko Sarb033, a beautiful dress watch with a black face and I diver watch, Possibly a Seiko SKX.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Having mobile phones makes watches as useful as t1ts on a fish. It's just an excuse for poncey jewelry for vain men.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,400
    FocusZing wrote:
    Having mobile phones makes watches as useful as t1ts on a fish. It's just an excuse for poncey jewelry for vain men.
    Quicker to glance at my wrist than fish out my phone from my pocket to see i can't make the screen out because the sunlight is so harsh
  • 22stu
    Tashman wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:
    Quicker to glance at my wrist than fish out my phone from my pocket to see i can't make the screen out because the sunlight is so harsh

Also if you buy the right watch, its a fine investment and highly unlikely you'll lose money....
  • seanoconn
    FocusZing wrote:
    It's just an excuse for poncey jewelry for vain men.
    Agreed :D
  • sungod
    seanoconn wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:
    It's just an excuse for poncey jewelry for vain men.
    Agreed :D

yeah, it's great isn't it :)
  • BTW how many of you wristwatch wearers also wear jewellery?

A watch is my only jewellery unless you call spectacles jewellery of course. I personally see a watch (and prescription spectacles) as a tool to do the job of timekeeping not jewellery.

I wonder if there is any relationship between wearing jewellery and wearing or not wearing watches. Are there a majority of men out there with watch on one wrist and chunky gold chain on the other? Signate ring and watch?
  • 22stu
    BTW how many of you wristwatch wearers also wear jewellery?

A watch is my only jewellery unless you call spectacles jewellery of course. I personally see a watch (and prescription spectacles) as a tool to do the job of timekeeping not jewellery.

I wonder if there is any relationship between wearing jewellery and wearing or not wearing watches. Are there a majority of men out there with watch on one wrist and chunky gold chain on the other? Signate ring and watch?

Watch only - nothing else for me. Ex wife took everything else! :D
  • sungod
    no rings/bracelets, hate the things

if i'm wearing a proper shirt there'll always be cufflinks, usually gold/diamond ones the girlfriend had made for me :)
  • seanoconn
    BTW how many of you wristwatch wearers also wear jewellery?

Until 3 weeks ago nothing, naked as God intended :D As of today, a wedding ring (compulsory) and a watch.