Rio Olympic Track events *Spoilers*

Comments

• Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    FocusZing wrote:
    CpqPHd8W8AA6vWz.jpg

are we supposed to wear 3D glasses when looking at those tracksuits?
  • spam02
    spam02 Posts: 178
    Dinyull wrote:
    Team sprint is such a weird event to have at the Olympics. Not that exciting (not direct racing), over in a flash and really favours the big spending nations. There's so many more egalitarian events that could be included.

A nice sportive perhaps?

GB would be guaranteed another gold.

They could make them all do the sportive on a well known kids favourite Raleigh bicycle from the 70's and call the event the The Chopper on a Chopper 'Race'
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    Crozza wrote:

are we supposed to wear 3D glasses when looking at those tracksuits?

Said the same thing at work earlier. Will give you a headache if you look for too long
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    ^Great shot and win, but I can't argue that whoever designed the graphics on the jackets, needs testing for drugs and an inevitable lifetime ban.
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    FocusZing wrote:
    ^Great shot and win, but I can't argue that whoever designed the graphics on the jackets, needs testing for drugs and an inevitable lifetime ban.

Tbf to the lassie, she was probably conceived under the influence of some pretty good gear.
  • neonriver
    neonriver Posts: 228
    The French are complaining about GB again! If they had looked races for past 4 years they would of seen that Hindes and Kenny have been posting top 3 splits and man 3 has been struggling to get on wheel. Always the case if GB could sort that out medal was on.

Maybe if the French weren't on there 4th different coach since London they would of done better FFS.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,163
    neonriver wrote:
    The French are complaining about GB again! If they had looked races for past 4 years they would have seen that Hindes and Kenny have been posting top 3 splits and man 3 has been struggling to get on wheel. Always the case if GB could sort that out medal was on.

Maybe if the French weren't on there 4th different coach since London they would have done better FFS.
    The biggest irony being that GB's coach Justin Grace had previously coached France until they parted ways because the riders objected to his training. (He also started the rise in New Zealand sprinting - they got silver)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • neonriver
    neonriver Posts: 228
    RichN95 wrote:
    neonriver wrote:
    The French are complaining about GB again! If they had looked races for past 4 years they would have seen that Hindes and Kenny have been posting top 3 splits and man 3 has been struggling to get on wheel. Always the case if GB could sort that out medal was on.

Maybe if the French weren't on there 4th different coach since London they would have done better FFS.
    The biggest irony being that GB's coach Justin Grace had previously coached France until they parted ways because the riders objected to his training. (He also started the rise in New Zealand sprinting - they got silver)

Yeah I think he had some success with Pervis who had a brilliant world in 2014 with Grace as coach but he never really got on with Bauge and he kicked up some fuss and that was the end of that.

With the team sprint I think Bauge is France's problem hes still knocking out the 17.3s lap 1s he was doing 4-8 years ago which is 2 tenths off the top times now.
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    cracking photo of the Danish team pursuit last night

13995644_632988520198550_3901060008191528307_o.jpg
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,340

That's superb, where's it from?

Lasse Norman Hansen took the most incredible pull in that ride, truly heroic. I'm convinced he'd make the TP team for any of the other countries.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Omar Little
    Pinched it off of a post on reddit, photographer is Lars Moel
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,727
    Dinyull wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:

Tbf to the lassie, she was probably conceived under the influence of some pretty good gear.
    Yebbut, surely they could have been made in sizes to fit the individual athlete? Froome looked equally misfitted. A bit like they got what was left on the rack at George at Asda after the bank holiday feeding frenzy.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552

That's superb, where's it from?

Lasse Norman Hansen took the most incredible pull in that ride, truly heroic. I'm convinced he'd make the TP team for any of the other countries.

Check out Doull's turns tonight.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,042
    neonriver wrote:

Camille Lacourt was bitching about all the other athletes drug taking. He has clearly forgotten London when he was snorting coke of the breasts of a well known journalist.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Are we all ready... ?
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    davidof wrote:
    neonriver wrote:

Camille Lacourt was bitching about all the other athletes drug taking. He has clearly forgotten London when he was snorting coke of the breasts of a well known journalist.

Was BoJo still writing for The Spectator back then?
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Skinner gets new OR in sprint lap
  • I didn't think Callum would be good enough to reach this kind of level. Very impressed.
    Rose X-Lite CRS 3100
    Focus Cayo AL
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    I didn't think Callum would be good enough to reach this kind of level. Very impressed.

There are few riders more committed and disciplined than Cal in their training.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    Kenny smashes the OR
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,960
    Italians likely to catch Chinese in TP
  • Dorset_Boy
    Mens TP World Record, hammering the Kiwis
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    That's was some ride
  • Dorset_Boy
    Gold: GB vs Aus
    Bronze: NZ vs Denmark
  • That was very good.

New World record
  • GB vs Australia again!
    Rose X-Lite CRS 3100
    Focus Cayo AL
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,203
    Great ride from the GB lads.

Gutted for Denmark though!
  • What's the deal with Skinners helmet? Why is he not riding a Team GB one?
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Individual sprint is such a good spectator sport
  • Omar Little
    What's the deal with Skinners helmet? Why is he not riding a Team GB one?

GB one is too small for him