Lizzie

Comments

• dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,644
    TheBigBean wrote:

Journo asks him questions about it. He answers. They make it the lead story. Nothing unsurprising about what he says...
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,400
    Wiggins talking about how much support he gets from UK Sport - he's potentially not comparing like for like as one would imagine Sir Bradley Wiggins gets an awful lot of attention from UK Sport...
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    edited September 2016
    durhamwasp wrote:
    Wonder what her excuse will be for her next missed test? Wont be her fault anyway.
    We won't hear about it. As far as I'm aware the missed tests for athletes who 'only' miss two tests are never declared publicly. Which to be fair, is one small aspect in Lizzies defence here - if that tester had tried a bit harder to find her we would never have known about this to start with.

I wonder what the total number of athletes is per year who miss 2 tests?
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Duplicate.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    Daz555 wrote:
    durhamwasp wrote:
    Wonder what her excuse will be for her next missed test? Wont be her fault anyway.
    We won't hear about it. As far as I'm aware the missed tests for athletes who 'only' miss two tests are never declared publicly. Which to be fair, is one small aspect in Lizzies defence here - if that tester had tried a bit harder to find her we would never have known about this to start with.

I wonder what the total number of athletes is per year who miss 2 tests?

in theory we should never have heard about the whole thing in the first place, but Manchester has been quite a haven of gossip passed onto the press in the last year, so you never know.

and we dont really know how hard the tester tried, or even what the process that was followed,as it all sounded quite muddled given the whole you arent supposed to call someone, yet then they supposedly did. for all we know that was the technical reason which invalidated the 1st failed test, because the tester ultimately broke prior contact rules. still doesnt excuse miss 2 or miss 3 though.

and Brad is right in that we do know UK Sport/Brit Cycling assigned someone, held meetings, to try and assist her before the 3rd miss, and for whatever reasons that process broke down, or wasnt being followed correctly, whether thats because people changed roles, moved on, didnt pick up the mistakes etc etc, again we dont really know, we probably will never know to be fair,

but I did note the book got pushed back to November, whether thats to include a hastily written postscript chapter, or just that its Super Thursday in the book publishing world...who knows :)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,223
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Wiggins talking about how much support he gets from UK Sport - he's potentially not comparing like for like as one would imagine Sir Bradley Wiggins gets an awful lot of attention from UK Sport...

I doubt that's the case. I should think UK Sport are all over any athlete likely to have success as they won't want a high profile fail.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,098
    730187_lizzie_armitstead_philip_deignan_wedding6_fc3c956a7382d003dcd12cfc3470658a.jpg
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,891
    Nice :D
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Congrats Lizzie and Phil. All the best to them
  • EnacheV
    EnacheV Posts: 235
    TheBigBean wrote:

hahaha

this looks so silly right now
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    EnacheV wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:

hahaha

why?did he miss a test?
  • EnacheV
    EnacheV Posts: 235
    tim000 wrote:
    EnacheV wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:

hahaha

why?did he miss a test?

Wiggins has much bigger problems than that now...
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,400
    EnacheV wrote:
    tim000 wrote:
    EnacheV wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:

hahaha

why?did he miss a test?

I'm not sure he does. Problems of a similar scale maybe.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,223
    davidof wrote:
    730187_lizzie_armitstead_philip_deignan_wedding6_fc3c956a7382d003dcd12cfc3470658a.jpg

Lucky she remembered where she had to be!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Do we have a copy a copy of their vows so we can scrutinise all of their life and ensure that they live up to them to the letter?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Deignan looks mighty relieved that she turned up where she said she would.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    She's tentatively looking around outside in anticipation of waiting UKAD testers. :-)
  • davidof
    We can assume that PFP wasn't invited to be a maid of honour.

Rumour has it that she was late to her wedding. Apparently the chauffeur had trouble getting an answer from the front door, when he peered in through the windows all he saw was a skinny burd in a wedding dress hiding behind the sofa.

(ok ok that's probably enough Lizzie jokes)
    Instagramme
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,113
    Wiggo, for all his achievements, has no right to go around playing Holier-than-thou, judge, jury and executioner. It's not his place. Again, just because he's won just about everything, doesn't mean that he isn't an arrogant f*ck.
    Funny, there's the opposite size of the coin story link on the same page:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/wills ... armitstead

Totally agree RichN, cyclists are expected to peel themselves inside out seemingly. The baying public* - what do they want? Put them in the stocks and chuck rotten tomatoes at them?

I had hoped that as cyclists with the full knowledge of how the sport works, the complexities of the blood passport for example and the sheer number of tests that Pro's have to go through per annum, that we would not slide into the Daily Mail/click bait/media driven sensationalism.

*Or perhaps media. All these f*ckers want to do is sell News. Nothing else: A feedback loop into vacancy.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tim000
    EnacheV wrote:
    tim000 wrote:
    EnacheV wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:

hahaha

why?did he miss a test?

for taking medication he had a TUE for?
  • Did she give her whereabouts on Saturday as "3-4pm - St Mark's Church" ?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,113
    Did she give her whereabouts on Saturday as "3-4pm - St Mark's Church" ?

Did she follow that up with 11pm onwards, "in the Honeymoon suite - indefinitely".
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tim000
    Pinno wrote:

Did she follow that up with 11pm onwards, "in the Honeymoon suite - indefinitely".
    was going to make a comment about injections , but managed to stop myself. :shock:
  • RichN95.
    tim000 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

was going to make a comment about injections , but managed to stop myself. :shock:
    We could also make jokes about Adam Blythe being Phil Deignan's lead out man, but we won't
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,315
    In his speech, the best man suggested that for whereabouts purposes, they attached the line of tin cans to Lizzie rather than the limo...
  • RichN95.
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    In his speech, the best man suggested that for whereabouts purposes, they attached the line of tin cans to Lizzie rather than the limo...
    Rule number 1 for best man speeches - do not diss the bride
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    She's doing a PR blitz today.

It's been mentioned on R5 that the whereabouts absence which had been described as private was a visit back to Ireland to visit her father in law who was/is ill due to cancer.
    IIRC this is the first time this has been made public.

While obviously people are entitled to a private life, when you've 3 whereabouts violations, "I can't say as it's private" is far from convincing.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • davidof

She's flogging a book, or a record, or a line of bikes or something.
    Instagramme
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    davidof wrote:

and bluddy good luck to her too ...

Athletes have a limited shelf life as atheletes - but still need to have an income after or made their money before they retire from that.
  • davidof
    Slowbike wrote:
    davidof wrote:

and bluddy good luck to her too ...

Athletes have a limited shelf life as atheletes - but still need to have an income after or made their money before they retire from that.

Just watching her, must be a book

C-Pr6e9XUAAbD0h.jpg

BUY MY BOOK, BUY MY BOOK

C9Tnji_U0AABSqU.jpg
    Instagramme