Lizzie

Comments

• davidof wrote:
    davidof wrote:
    Mentioned on TV last night that Lizzie is in a right mess and has barely eaten all week because of all the stress, so chances of her winning anything are just about zero now.

edit: Echo... echo.. echo..

British Cycling should withdraw her then and enter another rider.

Just a tiny bit late for that, what with the race being tomorrow and on the other side of the world. Unless they brought a spare.

Should have then, the crisis has been brewing for some time.

Given the pressure I'm sure most riders would have had the wobbles.

but maybe she'll confound everyone.

Until a few days ago, it was relatively tranquilo. CAS had issued their decision and cleared her to ride. She gave a presser for a number of journos. It was UKAD breaching the terms of confidence aand squalling to the Heil that brought on the crisis after that.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,058
    davidof wrote:
    davidof wrote:
    Mentioned on TV last night that Lizzie is in a right mess and has barely eaten all week because of all the stress, so chances of her winning anything are just about zero now.

Just a tiny bit late for that, what with the race being tomorrow and on the other side of the world. Unless they brought a spare.

Until a few days ago, it was relatively tranquilo. CAS had issued their decision and cleared her to ride. She gave a presser for a number of journos. It was UKAD breaching the terms of confidence aand squalling to the Heil that brought on the crisis after that.

it was
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,683
    davidof wrote:
    davidof wrote:
    davidof wrote:

it was

Pathetic isn't it.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,453
    BC have built the whole team around her too which makes it a little harder

Nothing but big love for my main girl Nicle Hizzle but her bag is riding around Belgian Playing Fields. I'll buy you a beer if she rides a single day on the road for Boels Dormans after tomorrow.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,935
    JSCL wrote:
    I really can't stand the way they falsely drag this sport through the mud, again and again.

How long you been watching this sport? Generally doesn't need anyone to drag it there.
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    JSCL wrote:
    I really can't stand the way they falsely drag this sport through the mud, again and again.

How long you been watching this sport? Generally doesn't need anyone to drag it there.

I've been watching for roughly ten years plus now and I've been involved in for the past six. In recent times, the Mail are quick to get the headline, but without the substance or full story behind it. It frustrates me.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,577
    I wouldn't let it.

The readers of that rag could be served up the most balanced article in history and they'd still want someone dead.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • joe2008
    joe2008 Posts: 1,531
    Interesting report on the front of the Sunday Times regarding Micheal Rotich..

His advice is that athlete's could 'pretend something had happened to a close relative' to evade the testers made me smile.

He also confirms that Kenya is safe place for athletes to take PED's.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,242
    Surely they would want some evidence to substantiate whatever had happened? So you couldn't just claim your mum died every time you missed a test.

In this case I thought there wasn't any disagreement (between Lizzie and UKAD) that something had happened, they just disagreed on the severity.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Surely they would want some evidence to substantiate whatever had happened? So you couldn't just claim your mum died every time you missed a test.

In this case I thought there wasn't any disagreement (between Lizzie and UKAD) that something had happened, they just disagreed on the severity.

well in the statement she released,she referred to a "psychiatrist assessment" of her state of mind as evidence, but Im sure its easy to confirm something happened and that part isnt disputed, but I think everyones made the assumption that it happened on the same day of the test, and that neednt be the case at all.

but Oliver Holt (who I wouldnt have put in the pitchforker category) has written a very strongly attacking piece in the Mail today,even if he does use the word breathtaking too many times, but clearly no longer a fan.
  • pauljink
    pauljink Posts: 51
    She's on BBC saying that as world champion she should be held to the highest standard, then she's giving the usual excuses athletes usually give for missing a test and asking that people give her a pass.
  • bobmcstuff
    pauljink wrote:
    She's on BBC saying that as world champion she should be held to the highest standard, then she's giving the usual excuses athletes usually give for missing a test and asking that people give her a pass.
    Not much else she can say really. Apologise a lot maybe?
  • pauljink
    pauljink Posts: 51
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    pauljink wrote:

She should have withdrawn herself from the games.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,497
    pauljink wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    pauljink wrote:

because she's had two whereabouts strikes? i guess you must be one of these outraged people who wants someone sacked every time something goes wrong.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    CAS heard all the evidence and cleared her to ride. End of story. People on here are in no position to judge what she should or should not do, that's the job of the courts, and they have done. Lizzie has never tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. (sorry)
  • bobmcstuff
    pauljink wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    pauljink wrote:

Then people would have said that proves she's doping.

It's a lose-lose for her.
  • gweeds
    pauljink wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    pauljink wrote:

Why just that race then?? Why not every race from now?
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,929
    Easier said than done but.... perhaps it's time for her to toughen up and say f*** you all. I'm not talking about this anymore.
    I'll do my thing on the road.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,600
    Gweeds wrote:
    pauljink wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    pauljink wrote:

Personally I think she should retire and then take a vow of silence and join a nunnery. She should volunteer for all the worst jobs as pennance.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • gweeds
    Gweeds wrote:
    pauljink wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    pauljink wrote:

Personally I think she should retire and then take a vow of silence and join a nunnery. She should volunteer for all the worst jobs as pennance.

It's the only answer really.

She should be on the bins by tomorrow morning.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Individual apologies to each of us. It's her only way out.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,813
    Haven't seen any post race reaction but hope she takes the positives out of today - good effort in the circumstances.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406

+1 :)
    Haven't seen any post race reaction but hope she takes the positives out of today - good effort in the circumstances.

Yes, me too.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • bobmcstuff
    She seemed in much better spirits in her post race interview compared to that Sky news interview from the other day.
  • hypster
    hypster Posts: 1,229
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    She seemed in much better spirits in her post race interview compared to that Sky news interview from the other day.

Part of her was probably relieved that she lost. Imagine the reaction if she had won. They were booing a Russian swimmer yesterday who won.
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Wonder what her excuse will be for her next missed test? Wont be her fault anyway.
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028

Clumsy use of the word 'positives' there...
  • bobmcstuff
    durhamwasp wrote:
    Wonder what her excuse will be for her next missed test? Wont be her fault anyway.
    Suspect if she does it again any remaining sympathy will be very thin on the ground.
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Cav on Lizzie
    "Did she dope? No, and I don't believe she did, you know," Cavendish said in an interview on Sky Sports News. "Was it an administrative error? Yes, it was, absolutely. Was it her fault? Yes, it was, absolutely.
    "I don't think it is fair that you can get a bigger sanction for an admin failure than for an actual doping offence - it's ridiculous."