Forum home Road cycling forum The cake stop

What have I missed?

schweizschweiz Posts: 1,644
edited April 2017 in The cake stop
It's been well over a year since I last posted and visits just to read have been few and far between for since mid-2014. Lack of time meant that spare time was actually spent cycling rather than just talking about it and other random stuff on here. Many of the none-cycling distractions have now been finished/been solved/simply gone away so I thought I'd explore my old haunt once again.

So, what have I missed?

Who's disappeared? who's been banned? who's spat their dummy? who's been arguing and what's been the hot topics?
«1345

Posts

  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,226
    Stevo666 started a thread a while ago that was about politics but has become infamous and many a handbag has been wrecked in the process. The bloke with initials like a bra size who used to live in Holland thinks we're all a bit batsh1t crazy. I would say he;s the one for not noticing earlier. French Fighter became more and more obstreperous and obscure until he posted the post to end all posts - no significant content (as usual), just No. 30,000 and then he left, Po Face is now a better place. Some 'new wave' Mod bloke who we've never heard of ran a Christmas competition and there were a few entries but personal cleaning products were on offer but not a Wiggle voucher for love no money could be had, hence the low turnout. Some poor beginner wanted a bit of advice about a crank set with arbitrary numbers of teeth which ended up a fishy tale of epic, whale like proportions and as for the poor basket who wants to go for 3 hours at an average 20mph... In the thread about seemingly trivial things that annoy people, the only word missing is 'endless'. Crudders are still Crudders but thankfully dwindling in number and no one has told them that they can stray into other parts of the forum, thank god and I implore you not to tell them. We still get the odd stray but the hotel/motel' mongrels seem to only have badly fitting dentures, metaphorically speaking.
    No one gets banned any more because the mods are now green and not red, in the process they have lost all their magical powers. I think it is a prisoners dilemma type psychology experiment; we are a bunch of Forumite manipulation theory Guinea Pigs because ironically, the place has been very civilised in this new era of 'peace, love and benign moderation'. Spot the flowers and Paisley patterns?
    Lastly, ffs, don't write anything in block capitals. It's now the only BR forum sin.

    Welcome back.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,019
    pinno wrote:
    Stevo666 started a thread a while ago that was about politics but has become infamous and many a handbag has been wrecked in the process. The bloke with initials like a bra size who used to live in Holland thinks we're all a bit batsh1t crazy. I would say he;s the one for not noticing earlier. French Fighter became more and more obstreperous and obscure until he posted the post to end all posts - no significant content (as usual), just No. 30,000 and then he left, Po Face is now a better place. Some 'new wave' Mod bloke who we've never heard of ran a Christmas competition and there were a few entries but personal cleaning products were on offer but not a Wiggle voucher for love no money could be had, hence the low turnout. Some poor beginner wanted a bit of advice about a crank set with arbitrary numbers of teeth which ended up a fishy tale of epic, whale like proportions and as for the poor basket who wants to go for 3 hours at an average 20mph... In the thread about seemingly trivial things that annoy people, the only word missing is 'endless'. Crudders are still Crudders but thankfully dwindling in number and no one has told them that they can stray into other parts of the forum, thank god and I implore you not to tell them. We still get the odd stray but the hotel/motel' mongrels seem to only have badly fitting dentures, metaphorically speaking.
    No one gets banned any more because the mods are now green and not red, in the process they have lost all their magical powers. I think it is a prisoners dilemma type psychology experiment; we are a bunch of Forumite manipulation theory Guinea Pigs because ironically, the place has been very civilised in this new era of 'peace, love and benign moderation'. Spot the flowers and Paisley patterns?
    Lastly, ffs, don't write anything in block capitals. It's now the only BR forum sin.

    Welcome back.
    Can I have a bit of whatever you've been smoking? :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,019
    Although you do have a point, the moderation here is much better than it used to be and largely self policing 8)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • gethincerigethinceri Posts: 1,125
    Goatse.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,226
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    Stevo666...back.
    Can I have a bit of whatever you've been smoking? :)

    No.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pblakeneypblakeney Posts: 14,197
    You missed Manc33.
    Worth a search for his posts if you are bored.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,226
    pblakeney wrote:
    You missed Manc33.
    Worth a search for his posts if you are bored.

    Has anyone missed him?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pblakeneypblakeney Posts: 14,197
    pinno wrote:
    pblakeney wrote:
    You missed Manc33.
    Worth a search for his posts if you are bored.

    Has anyone missed him?
    Okay, missed is maybe the wrong phrase. He was entertaining though. :lol:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,226
    pblakeney wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    pblakeney wrote:
    You missed Manc33.
    Worth a search for his posts if you are bored.

    Has anyone missed him?
    Okay, missed is maybe the wrong phrase. He was entertaining though. :lol:

    ...and DDraver thinks we're batsh1t crazy!?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ddraverddraver Posts: 21,145
    Very good work Pinno!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mamba80mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Although you do have a point, the moderation here is much better than it used to be and largely self policing 8)

    Very true, despite our differences, doesnt seem to disintegrate into abuse etc, infact i think i m winning him round :lol:
  • briantrumpetbriantrumpet Posts: 6,021
    pblakeney wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    pblakeney wrote:
    You missed Manc33.
    Worth a search for his posts if you are bored.

    Has anyone missed him?
    Okay, missed is maybe the wrong phrase. He was entertaining though. :lol:
    No, never heard of Manc33. I think he must be somewhere in the future. Though perhaps he's going to happen in the past, as the laws of physics are different in space, and on Bike Radar.
  • pblakeneypblakeney Posts: 14,197
    pblakeney wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    pblakeney wrote:
    You missed Manc33.
    Worth a search for his posts if you are bored.

    Has anyone missed him?
    Okay, missed is maybe the wrong phrase. He was entertaining though. :lol:
    No, never heard of Manc33. I think he must be somewhere in the future. Though perhaps he's going to happen in the past, as the laws of physics are different in space, and on Bike Radar.
    There's the thing.
    Not only have you read his posts, but they have taken control of your brain.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,226
    pblakeney wrote:
    pblakeney wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    pblakeney wrote:
    You missed Manc33.
    Worth a search for his posts if you are bored.

    Has anyone missed him?
    Okay, missed is maybe the wrong phrase. He was entertaining though. :lol:
    No, never heard of Manc33. I think he must be somewhere in the future. Though perhaps he's going to happen in the past, as the laws of physics are different in space, and on Bike Radar.
    There's the thing.
    Not only have you read his posts, but they have taken control of your brain.

    42.

    In one of those light bulb moments coupled with an audible DING inside my head... I forgot to mention the dingbat who prayed 5 times a day and wanted to get faster on a bike on 3 grains of rice a day and thought sex before marriage was a disgusting, sinful act. What was his user name?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • napoleondnapoleond Posts: 18,633
    Forgot about Manc33 :D
    Twitter - @NapD
    Strava - Alex Taylor (sportstest.co.uk)
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,226
    napoleond wrote:
    Forgot about Manc33 :D

    Keep up at the back mate.
    pblakeney wrote:
    You missed Manc33.
    Worth a search for his posts if you are bored.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,226
    More importantly, is the OP on some sort of wind up? We haven't seen sight nor sound of him.

    (there's irony in there somewhere).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • napoleondnapoleond Posts: 18,633
    No, I forgot about Manc33. :)
    Twitter - @NapD
    Strava - Alex Taylor (sportstest.co.uk)
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • pblakeneypblakeney Posts: 14,197
    pinno wrote:
    More importantly, is the OP on some sort of wind up? We haven't seen sight nor sound of him.

    (there;s irony in there somewhere).
    Maybe he is trying to find a photo that proves the planet is not flat?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,226
    napoleond wrote:
    No, I forgot about Manc33. :)

    Have you aged much since that Google Earth image?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • napoleondnapoleond Posts: 18,633
    :(

    195AA750-276F-40A7-AD8E-E79F34A17CCD_zpsz6wgpshk.jpg
    Twitter - @NapD
    Strava - Alex Taylor (sportstest.co.uk)
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,019
    mamba80 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Although you do have a point, the moderation here is much better than it used to be and largely self policing 8)

    Very true, despite our differences, doesnt seem to disintegrate into abuse etc, infact i think i m winning him round :lol:
    Winning who round? Not me :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • slowmartslowmart Posts: 4,039
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Although you do have a point, the moderation here is much better than it used to be and largely self policing 8)

    Very true, despite our differences, doesnt seem to disintegrate into abuse etc, infact i think i m winning him round :lol:
    Winning who round? Not me :)


    I think he meant reach around..

    Oh there was that glorious thread with the Glaswegian who liked metallic foil like bar tape who had a public melt down after some pointed but very funny comments.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

    Desmond Tutu
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,900
    New conspiracy theory - the loons have left at the same time as the moderation......................
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,790
    slowmart wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Although you do have a point, the moderation here is much better than it used to be and largely self policing 8)

    Very true, despite our differences, doesnt seem to disintegrate into abuse etc, infact i think i m winning him round :lol:
    Winning who round? Not me :)


    I think he meant reach around..

    Oh there was that glorious thread with the Glaswegian who liked metallic foil like bar tape who had a public melt down after some pointed but very funny comments.

    Got a link?
  • slowmartslowmart Posts: 4,039
    Not for Stevo and mamba in their mutual reach around but the shiny bar tape chap is

    viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13034619
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

    Desmond Tutu
  • Ber NardBer Nard Posts: 827
    I seem to recall VTech ruffling a few feathers when he joined.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,019
    slowmart wrote:
    Not for Stevo and mamba in their mutual reach around but the shiny bar tape chap is

    viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13034619
    Roadies, eh :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,019
    Ber Nard wrote:
    I seem to recall VTech ruffling a few feathers when he joined.
    Some people don 't like references to alleged ostentatious wealth.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,226
    Ber Nard wrote:
    I seem to recall VTech ruffling a few feathers when he joined.

    Schweiz hasn't been away that long.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
Sign In or Register to comment.