What have I missed?

schweiz
schweiz Posts: 1,644
edited April 2017 in The cake stop
It's been well over a year since I last posted and visits just to read have been few and far between for since mid-2014. Lack of time meant that spare time was actually spent cycling rather than just talking about it and other random stuff on here. Many of the none-cycling distractions have now been finished/been solved/simply gone away so I thought I'd explore my old haunt once again.

So, what have I missed?

Who's disappeared? who's been banned? who's spat their dummy? who's been arguing and what's been the hot topics?

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Stevo666 started a thread a while ago that was about politics but has become infamous and many a handbag has been wrecked in the process. The bloke with initials like a bra size who used to live in Holland thinks we're all a bit batsh1t crazy. I would say he;s the one for not noticing earlier. French Fighter became more and more obstreperous and obscure until he posted the post to end all posts - no significant content (as usual), just No. 30,000 and then he left, Po Face is now a better place. Some 'new wave' Mod bloke who we've never heard of ran a Christmas competition and there were a few entries but personal cleaning products were on offer but not a Wiggle voucher for love no money could be had, hence the low turnout. Some poor beginner wanted a bit of advice about a crank set with arbitrary numbers of teeth which ended up a fishy tale of epic, whale like proportions and as for the poor basket who wants to go for 3 hours at an average 20mph... In the thread about seemingly trivial things that annoy people, the only word missing is 'endless'. Crudders are still Crudders but thankfully dwindling in number and no one has told them that they can stray into other parts of the forum, thank god and I implore you not to tell them. We still get the odd stray but the hotel/motel' mongrels seem to only have badly fitting dentures, metaphorically speaking.
    No one gets banned any more because the mods are now green and not red, in the process they have lost all their magical powers. I think it is a prisoners dilemma type psychology experiment; we are a bunch of Forumite manipulation theory Guinea Pigs because ironically, the place has been very civilised in this new era of 'peace, love and benign moderation'. Spot the flowers and Paisley patterns?
    Lastly, ffs, don't write anything in block capitals. It's now the only BR forum sin.

Welcome back.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo666 started a thread a while ago that was about politics but has become infamous and many a handbag has been wrecked in the process. The bloke with initials like a bra size who used to live in Holland thinks we're all a bit batsh1t crazy. I would say he;s the one for not noticing earlier. French Fighter became more and more obstreperous and obscure until he posted the post to end all posts - no significant content (as usual), just No. 30,000 and then he left, Po Face is now a better place. Some 'new wave' Mod bloke who we've never heard of ran a Christmas competition and there were a few entries but personal cleaning products were on offer but not a Wiggle voucher for love no money could be had, hence the low turnout. Some poor beginner wanted a bit of advice about a crank set with arbitrary numbers of teeth which ended up a fishy tale of epic, whale like proportions and as for the poor basket who wants to go for 3 hours at an average 20mph... In the thread about seemingly trivial things that annoy people, the only word missing is 'endless'. Crudders are still Crudders but thankfully dwindling in number and no one has told them that they can stray into other parts of the forum, thank god and I implore you not to tell them. We still get the odd stray but the hotel/motel' mongrels seem to only have badly fitting dentures, metaphorically speaking.
    No one gets banned any more because the mods are now green and not red, in the process they have lost all their magical powers. I think it is a prisoners dilemma type psychology experiment; we are a bunch of Forumite manipulation theory Guinea Pigs because ironically, the place has been very civilised in this new era of 'peace, love and benign moderation'. Spot the flowers and Paisley patterns?
    Lastly, ffs, don't write anything in block capitals. It's now the only BR forum sin.

Welcome back.
    Can I have a bit of whatever you've been smoking? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Although you do have a point, the moderation here is much better than it used to be and largely self policing 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,510
    Goatse.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo666...back.
    Can I have a bit of whatever you've been smoking? :)

No.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,595
    You missed Manc33.
    Worth a search for his posts if you are bored.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    PBlakeney wrote:
    You missed Manc33.

Has anyone missed him?
  • pblakeney
    Pinno wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    You missed Manc33.

Has anyone missed him?
    Okay, missed is maybe the wrong phrase. He was entertaining though. :lol:
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pinno
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    You missed Manc33.

Has anyone missed him?

...and DDraver thinks we're batsh1t crazy!?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Very good work Pinno!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Although you do have a point, the moderation here is much better than it used to be and largely self policing 8)

Very true, despite our differences, doesnt seem to disintegrate into abuse etc, infact i think i m winning him round :lol:
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,687
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    You missed Manc33.

Has anyone missed him?
    No, never heard of Manc33. I think he must be somewhere in the future. Though perhaps he's going to happen in the past, as the laws of physics are different in space, and on Bike Radar.
  • pblakeney
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    You missed Manc33.

Has anyone missed him?
    No, never heard of Manc33. I think he must be somewhere in the future. Though perhaps he's going to happen in the past, as the laws of physics are different in space, and on Bike Radar.
    There's the thing.
    Not only have you read his posts, but they have taken control of your brain.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pinno
    PBlakeney wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    You missed Manc33.

Has anyone missed him?
    There's the thing.
    Not only have you read his posts, but they have taken control of your brain.

In one of those light bulb moments coupled with an audible DING inside my head... I forgot to mention the dingbat who prayed 5 times a day and wanted to get faster on a bike on 3 grains of rice a day and thought sex before marriage was a disgusting, sinful act. What was his user name?
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Forgot about Manc33 :D
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • pinno
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Forgot about Manc33 :D

Keep up at the back mate.
    PBlakeney wrote:
    You missed Manc33.
  • pinno
    More importantly, is the OP on some sort of wind up? We haven't seen sight nor sound of him.

(there's irony in there somewhere).
  • napoleond
    No, I forgot about Manc33. :)
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • pblakeney
    Pinno wrote:
    More importantly, is the OP on some sort of wind up? We haven't seen sight nor sound of him.

(there;s irony in there somewhere).
    Maybe he is trying to find a photo that proves the planet is not flat?
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pinno
    NapoleonD wrote:
    No, I forgot about Manc33. :)

Have you aged much since that Google Earth image?
  • napoleond
    :(

195AA750-276F-40A7-AD8E-E79F34A17CCD_zpsz6wgpshk.jpg
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Stevo_666
    mamba80 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Very true, despite our differences, doesnt seem to disintegrate into abuse etc, infact i think i m winning him round :lol:
    Winning who round? Not me :)
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I think he meant reach around..

Oh there was that glorious thread with the Glaswegian who liked metallic foil like bar tape who had a public melt down after some pointed but very funny comments.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    New conspiracy theory - the loons have left at the same time as the moderation......................
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Slowmart wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I think he meant reach around..

Oh there was that glorious thread with the Glaswegian who liked metallic foil like bar tape who had a public melt down after some pointed but very funny comments.

Got a link?
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Not for Stevo and mamba in their mutual reach around but the shiny bar tape chap is

viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13034619
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Ber Nard
    Ber Nard Posts: 827
    I seem to recall VTech ruffling a few feathers when he joined.
  • Stevo_666
    Slowmart wrote:
    Not for Stevo and mamba in their mutual reach around but the shiny bar tape chap is

viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13034619
    Roadies, eh :)
  • Stevo_666
    Ber Nard wrote:
    Some people don 't like references to alleged ostentatious wealth.
  • pinno
    Ber Nard wrote:

Schweiz hasn't been away that long.