The Daily Musings Thread...

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Oh yeah, and I have to vote at some point. Remember people, vote, or shut the f*ck up if you don't like the outcome.
    Have to agree with you there TKM. There's an old codger I work with always banging on about politics that just said he can't be bothered to vote. I had a pop at him saying people are dying fighting for the right to vote and he can't be bothered. His reply was that nobody knows that more than him. Really, he's never fought for anything other than his next pint. Wife is working a polling station today and not expecting a particularly good turnout, she was up at 5am so I've been awake since then with the traditional Thursday hangover on top. Coffee will be needed shortly, tea is being drunk now.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning,
    Hoping for a quiet/dull day today as im really not feeling in the mood for anything strenuous either on the mind or body. Plan of the day is work a bit, home then vote an attack the lawns with the mower. New blade on said mower so it should cut better at least. Also, why dont lawnmowers have cup holders? Surely they are missing a trick. Prams etc have them for gods sake!
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Morning,
    If you've been paying attention you'll know I'm off work for a few days. Not much going on but the youngest has the sh1ts and the missus is getting last minute stuff done ready to go to Nepal. So I'm just at home looking after the poo squirter while the missus runs round leaving a trail of mess in her wake.
    At least I'm not at work though.
    Laters
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    After that, I'm off to Bury for the evening. Oh yeah, and I have to vote at some point. Remember people, vote, or shut the f*ck up if you don't like the outcome.
    Voted last week by post so I can naff off to Wales this afternoon having had my say :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Voted last week by post so I can naff off to Wales this afternoon having had my say :)
    Green party? :mrgreen:
  • step83
    edited May 2016
    Hows this for a kick in the face, been seeing if I can get a faster broadband connection. rung up a few places all a bit nonchalant about it. Spoke to someone very helpful at BT (I was shocked). Turns out im as fast as I can get an they cant upgrade me to fibre as theres no capacity at the exchange. Fun bit, he said there is a plan to upgrade the exchange but he doesnt hold much hope ill get a better speed as im on the far border an theres 6000 homes ebing built between me an the exchange :|. So looks like ill stick with my 270Kbs download speed!
  • oodboo
    Step83 wrote:
    Hows this for a kick in the face, been seeing if I can get a faster broadband connection. rung up a few places all a bit nonchalant about it. Spoke to someone very helpful at BT (I was shocked). Turns out im as fast as I can get an they cant upgrade me to fibre as theres no capacity at the exchange. Fun bit, he said there is a plan to upgrade the exchange but he doesnt hold much hope ill get a better speed as im on the far border an theres 6000 homes ebing built between me an the exchange :|. So looks like ill stick with my 370Kbs download speed!
    Excellent! I live in the sticks, mobile phones don't work here, and I get 30mb fibre 8)

Strava
  • step83
    oodboo wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Hows this for a kick in the face, been seeing if I can get a faster broadband connection. rung up a few places all a bit nonchalant about it. Spoke to someone very helpful at BT (I was shocked). Turns out im as fast as I can get an they cant upgrade me to fibre as theres no capacity at the exchange. Fun bit, he said there is a plan to upgrade the exchange but he doesnt hold much hope ill get a better speed as im on the far border an theres 6000 homes ebing built between me an the exchange :|. So looks like ill stick with my 370Kbs download speed!
    Excellent! I live in the sticks, mobile phones don't work here, and I get 30mb fibre 8)

Swine! I live in Milton Keynes an alleged technically advanced town. Loads of world firsts like first multiplex etc. Boardband, nope sorry you cant have that.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Green party? :mrgreen:
    Maybe not :P

Actually it was tricky on the mayoral vote as you have to vote for 2 candidates and picking a second one out of that shower of shyte wasn't easy !
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    I just had the same problem on the Police Commissioner vote. Had to vote for 2 people, not sure why. If the bloke I vote for doesn't get it, I don't really care.

Why on Earth a Police Commissioner needs to be affiliated to a party, I've no idea. I'd much rather have someone that knows what they're doing, like say, a long serving policeman!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    Why on Earth a Police Commissioner needs to be affiliated to a party, I've no idea. I'd much rather have someone that knows what they're doing, like say, a long serving policeman!
    They don't have to be. I read something that was saying the way the rules for candidates are set up it's very difficult for an independent and political parties are best set up to put candidates forward. A knowledgable independent would be better for the position.
    Stevo, did you put Cannabis not Beer as your second choice?
  • Stevo_666
    How did you guess? Seemed like the best of a bad bunch and at the same time a guaranteed wasted vote :)
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Meh to voting, in other news long weekend ftw!

Another works night out this weekend for a charity cycle we done from Edinburgh to Falkirk. Got £28 a head, no complaints! Thankfully with an older group so I shouldn't be hitting the clubs with the young team til 3am this time hopefully.

May well have to get out on the bike, hoping Scotland gets the apparent heatwave that's inbound.
  • thekickingmule
    Friday

Morning Losers!

TFI Friday! It's been a busy week, and I'm glad it's over, though I still have another long week of the retard minion to go, so this weekend will be short lived.
    So today I'll be finishing work early, coming home to wash some dishes as it looks like an abandoned restaurant kitchen here. Then over to Bury for the weekend. Hopefully the weather stays nice.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning , still in Corby it looks like I will be here for the weekend, there's sone lovely country roads to cycle around, I will definalaty bring a bike next time I work down here, mind this weather does help, have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Yeah Friday

Working from home today as over the last 3 days I've done over 10hrs commuting, ok three of those were extras because I cycled.

Need to visit the dentist too :(

Later is the pub and early doors too :)

Right, pig based breakfast time
  • veronese68
    Morning all,
    Very glad to see it's Fryday. Lovely ride in the sunshine to get here, shame about the destination. Another 4 day week next week as I have the Fryday off. Going out for a bite to eat and a drink with the EPO tonight and going to a 50th birthday bash tomorrow night. Not got much else planned other than enjoying the weather. Pig based lunch followed by 4.30 departure for POETS day.
  • oodboo
    Yep, it's Friday. I'm off shopping with the missus, turns out its difficult to get winter gloves in spring.
    Laters

Strava
  • step83
    Morning, was a baffled by the local police commissioner vote thing as mentioned, why the hell are there two votes? An why are they politically aligned! Anywho had no idea that was on the menu an cant even remember who I voted for (is that bad)

Still Its Friday its cloudy which is annoying but weekend looks like itll be good. Coffee machines been sabotaged no lights etc on it so some mild panic here. Only irritation for me is that if I want hot water its now other side of the building. Setting work levels to minimum and cruising the rest of the day, may even sit wearing my sunglasses.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Evening chumps,

Had a mega hard day digging out a floor, couple of mates helped which saved me being killed to death by hard work. Out earlier this evening for beer wine and pizza!

In other 'good' news the pigs are using their shelter and wallow for sheltering and wallowing! Not weeing and pooing i'm extremely happy to report.

Toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Survived Bike Park Wales again although the aptly named black run 'Dai Hard' tried to live up to its name. Almost got heat stroke, it was shockingly warm!
  • tlw1
    Saturday

Meh, tired, poor sleep with stupid house renovations going round and round my head :(

Today is a few jobs and entertaining the kids whilst the wife gets her hair done, then into town for a rowing regatta - well sitting on the river bank drinking champagne and eating a picnic

Later is friends over for dinner, all in all a boozy day and bad prep for a 10k race tomorrow
  • oodboo
    Morning,
    Today I'm doing the wife off at the airport for the first of four flights with the last one landing at the world's most dangerous airport, Lukla.
    Once she's gone it's me vs the kids for 16 days, I may lose my mind.
    Laters

Strava
  • thekickingmule
    oodboo wrote:
    Laters
    Just don't lose the kids. Your wife will be piiiiissed!

Morning Losers!

Last night, I drank some alcoholic Cloudy Lemonade and some alcoholic Dandelion and Burdock. Both are tasty as hell, and the Lemonade is being bought again! That stuff is way too easy to drink, and relatively potent, without making you feel like you've eaten a meal!

Today, I'm off to my friends house to help with more electrics, go on a walk, maybe have some pub grub. Who knows?

Laters!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    oodboo wrote:
    Laters
    :shock: May lose? Had it not already happened I'd have said it's a certainty. Good luck.
    Traditional slow start followed by pottering in the sunshine. Lovely.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Afternoon goons

Touristy trip to La Rochelle today, really lovely place for sitting out, having a drink and watching the world go by!

Bbq and beers in a wee bit.

Toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Nice warm day and the Boro got promoted to the Premier League. So far so good :)
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Good morning, back home after a few days in Corby, picking a giant fast road up today, it looks like it's going to be a nice day
  • tlw1
    Yeah Sunday

Today is a 10k race, but as we have moved I'm cycling over and the family is joining me - 35 Mike warm up!

Probably a pub lunch and then back here to relax as the eldest has got exams tomorrow
  • oodboo
    TLW1 wrote:
    Yeah Sunday

35 Mike warm up!
    Wow, I don't think I know that many Mike's, let alone ones that'd let me "warm them up".

Morning,

Early start again thanks to the kids, been up two hours already. Hoping to get them out to the woods for a bit today, give my youngest a chance to try out his fat runner bike on something other than the school run. Other than that I'll be getting stuff ready for tomorrow (school uniforms, etc) as the missus isn't here to do it for me.

Laters

Strava