The Daily Musings Thread...

Comments

• oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Very lazy day, spent most of it napping. YES!
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Evening weird Uns
    Been digging out the reno project today in between the roofers dragging huge bits of roof and stuff, also pieced together a picnic table that the wife wanted doing! Weather here is rather warm so i'm feeling a bit battered, only a couple more hours graft then beer!

Toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • oodboo
    Oh yeah, and cupcakes, got friend who makes amazing spiced carrot cake cupcakes. Ate too many of them today.

Strava
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Today was largely driving down the A1. Had enough of that for now. Just got the smellnof dinner cooking wafting through from the kitchen, will make a decent change to the crap I've been cooking up North for then last couple of days.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Tuesday

Morning Losers!

Back to work meh today.

I spent yesterday evening fitting dual sockets onto single ones for a friend. It seems to have gone fine, even though the wires were being a right bugger, but it all plugged in, works, looks neat. Job done. The second my head hit the pillow last night, all I could think was 'what if the Live wire pops out?'. So I have barely slept all night, waiting for a 'My house is burning down!' message. It'll be reet I'm sure.

Today, work hell hits us. Hundreds of assessments that need capturing and transferring. Yay.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • oodboo
    Morning,
    More laces snapped in my bike shoes, they snap at least once a month and I'm getting a bit sick of them. Had them just over a year now so can't exchange them. Guess I'll add shoes to my list of things to buy.
    Anyway, it's my Thursday so I'll be taking it easy, winding down for Friday tomorrow.
    Laters

Strava
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, just had a "meeting" with my manager and HR, was fun apparently its not appropriate to look at job sites in work on your lunch break on company machines.
    All kicked off yesterday when I was looking at vacancies in my lunch an the manager was lurking around as usual behind me an took offense to it.

Oh well fun mood in here today then. In other news I have a bad case of the munchies an a massive lack of them the vending machine would have been viable but I refuse to pay £1 for a mars bar!
  • bg13
    Eventually n'

Been a digging all the live long day. Post work dip in the pool, twenty point degrees, seemed ok! Fully relaxed now, had beer and bbq!

More digging shizz tomorrow

Toodles

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Did the full commute for the first time today, 86 miles is too ferkin far

Worse bit is I got home and the family was waiting by the garage to go for a walk!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    You rode 86 miles on top of a days work and still had the energy for a quick walk?
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    You rode 86 miles on top of a days work and still had the energy for a quick walk?

It wasn't my choice
  • tlw1
    Wednesday

At least we are at the hump day quickly thanks to the bank holiday

Today is the joys of Chester again, but thanks to the races I'm going to have to cycle again. Though today I'm parking circa 5 miles away, so a lot easier

Later is unknown but I could do with stripping more wallpaper, which the previous owners put in every ferkin room
  • thekickingmule
    Morning Losers!

Healthy meals for me this week after feeling slightly below par yesterday morning as I arrived at work. Hopefully it'll do me some good.

Today is more of the same stuff at work. It's busy, but it makes the day go by, which is definitely good. I have retard minion on for the next 2 weeks, and I can't say I'm enjoying that, though I'm trying to be more positive with him to give him a chance. It's difficult. I don't think it's in my nature to get on with people I don't like.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • step83
    Morning, three reboots on the computer this morning to get it to a usable state. Bodes well an cant be bothered at the moment to look at whats doing it.
    100% lack of coffee this morning coffee machine filling person was strangely absent so a few people milling around the machine looking like crack junkies needing a fix.

Left heels been starting to give me grief so I picked up a support yesterday, never been a massive believer in how a bit of elastic can help but, well its working. its back on today and uncomfortable.

Better news suns out, weekends looking like itll be a cracker so much cooked pig and cow to throw on BBQ may even indulge in some pub garden action.

TKM, you must be going soft!
  • thekickingmule
    Step83 wrote:
    Because I'm trying to like my retarded minion? I'm failing at it. I was actually tempted to push him down some concrete steps earlier. There were no CCTV cameras there either...
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    Morning all,
    TKM, you could fly BG in to dig you some ditches. Sounds like he's been doing a few of them and you only need to feed him beer and pastis as he is virtually a French peasant now.
    Lovely and sunny out today, unfortunately I'm in the car. Hopefully the weather will hold for the next few days as I can ride in. Have to leave early to collect the EPO and a load of stuff for the election as she's working on it tomorrow. Pub later, a customer in Oz has put £50 behind the bar in my local so we will be toasting his good health.
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:
    Because I'm trying to like my retarded minion? I'm failing at it. I was actually tempted to push him down some concrete steps earlier. There were no CCTV cameras there either...

This is why I work in IT, CCTV is no match for hitting the camera repeatedly till its unfixed.

Veronese, its meant to get warmer for as the week goes on peaking down here at some dizzy height of 24c which will be nice.
  • oodboo
    Morning,
    Last day at work until Tuesday next week. I'll be taking it easy as usual.
    Laters

Strava
  • oodboo
    Good to see the advertising in here is becoming more on point:
    Chrome%20Legacy%20Window%2004052016%20092455_zpsk3arryuw.jpg

Strava
  • veronese68
    Step83 wrote:
    This is why I work in IT, CCTV is no match for hitting the camera repeatedly till its unfixed.

Veronese, its meant to get warmer for as the week goes on peaking down here at some dizzy height of 24c which will be nice.
    When we had a place in Birkenhead the last thing the CCTV recorded was itself being stolen. Footage showed a ladder appearing next to it, shortly followed by a shoulder. Then it wobbled a bit and went blank.
    Excellent, I like warmer.
  • thekickingmule
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

When we had a place in Birkenhead the last thing the CCTV recorded was itself being stolen. Footage showed a ladder appearing next to it, shortly followed by a shoulder. Then it wobbled a bit and went blank.
    This is one of the funniest things I've just read out to the office. We love it :lol:
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

This is one of the funniest things I've just read out to the office. We love it :lol:
    TLW can verify the tale, I was told about this by someone that now works with him.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

TLW can verify the tale, I was told about this by someone that now works with him.
  • bg13
    Evening nutters,

This crudder has been digging, barrowing, humping and a dumping! And just blimmn grafting. Sun was warm today so that didn't help!

Totally battered now and no time for the pool as was too busy getting into the beers!

Toodles

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Original post crashed

Didn't that branch also have to employ security guards for the goods out bay
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Yay, car packed with kit. Drive to work tomorrow morning, do half a day then naff off down the M4 to Wales. BPW uplift day on Friday and the weather's lookin good 8) My mate has just got back from honeymoon on Sunday so fair play to him for coming along.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Thurdsday

The weekend is getting closer! Just got to survive a day in Solihull first
  • thekickingmule
    Morning Losers!

We'll be going from the busiest we've been all year, to the quietest today. This means my retard minion will be in the office even more than normal! :(

After that, I'm off to Bury for the evening. Oh yeah, and I have to vote at some point. Remember people, vote, or shut the f*ck up if you don't like the outcome.

Laters!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, going to Corby for a few days for work, pity I cannot take the bike
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    Didn't that branch also have to employ security guards for the goods out bay
    I think it did for a while, it wasn't in the nicest of neighbourhoods.