Comments

• inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Geniez 7th - what have FdJ been doing ?

Going to the windtunnel
  • ozzzyosborn206
    ozzzyosborn206 Posts: 1,340
    imatfaal wrote:
    TA and PN with aggregate time gap of 5 seconds between both winners and second places - strange races missing two exciting stages; but lovely to see so close.

Question is........did the races gain from not having their queen stages? I doubt either of them would have ended up being as close, Bertie would have put enough time into G in P-N and Sagan and GVA would have lost more time and probably been out the running.
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    imatfaal wrote:
    TA and PN with aggregate time gap of 5 seconds between both winners and second places - strange races missing two exciting stages; but lovely to see so close.

Question is........did the races gain from not having their queen stages? I doubt either of them would have ended up being as close, Bertie would have put enough time into G in P-N and Sagan and GVA would have lost more time and probably been out the running.

Theoretically - no; both races were diminished by missing the epic climbing to a mountain top finish. But I also like to see something throwing a spanner into the works of well planned and chillingly executed wins. They weren't ruined - but they were changed. If anyone other than G had won PN then I would probably be sad that Bertie didn't get the chance to grab time on Mont Brouilly - but I love the fact that G won. Similarly I liked the attack yesterday after the intermediate sprint with GVA and Sagan grabbing time and opening the door for a win - and that I genuinely had no clue which of them had won even after the last man had crossed the line on the last day
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,231
    GVA seems like a nice bloke in interview, but I'm really struggling to like him as a rider.
    Funny old game.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,231
    Anyway - all this about Sagan's 2nd places to GVA... I bet GVA would swap all his victories for Sagan's rainbow jersey...
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    There's got to be more than a seconds difference between these two positions:

dewaele_tirreno_821_670.jpg

dewaele_tirreno_822_670.jpg
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,558
    RidgeRider will be pleased to know that Lotto-Jumbo win the honesty prize today.

Tom Leezer was recorded as 5th on today's stage by the organisers, but the team queried it and it turns out he was actually 103rd!
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    thegibdog wrote:

There was 7 seconds between them. Sagan needed 8 though.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Great ride from Le Bon. Expect to see him push on this year in ITT's and one-day races. He has talent.
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    thegibdog wrote:

Aero shoe covers v just regular socks and shoes too
  • thchris1958
    thchris1958 Posts: 117
    inseine wrote:

Going to the windtunnel

having a long-term plan to improve & working hard to execute it and technology

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6MSYpRu4kk
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    inseine wrote:

Going to the windtunnel

And I thought that was the reason people hate Sky........ silly me.
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • thchris1958
    thchris1958 Posts: 117
    Bo Duke wrote:
    inseine wrote:

Going to the windtunnel

this video was quickly on Twitter after their good TTT. Before too much :shock: :?:
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    Get your defense in before the anticipated questions!!
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    smithy21 wrote:
    There was 7 seconds between them. Sagan needed 8 though.
    Indeed, I was suggesting that Sagan would've gone even quicker with a better position.
  • Shadowrider
    Shadowrider Posts: 483
    Bo Duke wrote:
    inseine wrote:

Going to the windtunnel

100%