Women's Cycling 2016

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,388
edited August 2016 in Pro race
To kick start the season in a great way, Sporza have announced that they will show the last 35km, plus any important moments, of RVV this year

Given how much Women's Cross has been picked up since Sporza started covering it (61% of the ratings on Saturday) that's great news!

@_pigeons_ is rightly ecstatic!
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• Ashbeck
    Ashbeck Posts: 235
    Great!

Now all the womens teams have to do, is organise themselves on the road like professionals, instead of looking like a bunch of school girls all trying to get to the sweetshop first.
  • Troll klaxon
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,606
    Indeed.
  • ddraver
    It's a onder we never noticed when "his account got hacked" eh?
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    It reminds me of when Sean Kelly was asked what he thought of tactics in Women's cycling and he replied "I think it would be a good idea"
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ddraver
    Coverage of Qatar on http://www.beinsportsconnect.net if you install Silverlight and select the lefthand most logo

30 to go, echelontastic - Arabic Commentary just for a certain لاأعرف ماذا
    - @ddraver
  • Ashbeck
    Ashbeck Posts: 235
    ddraver wrote:

Whats that supposed to mean? I can give you proof if you want?

Whats the problem DD? everyone has to conform into your narrow view of cycling?
  • rick_chasey
    Ashbeck wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Whats that supposed to mean? I can give you proof if you want?

Whats the problem DD? everyone has to conform into your narrow view of cycling?

Stop spoiling for a fight.
  • Ashbeck wrote:
    Great!

Now all the womens teams have to do, is organise themselves on the road like professionals, instead of looking like a bunch of school girls all trying to get to the sweetshop first.

Outdated sexist stereotype.

These days they're more concerned with going shoplifting in Boots...

Meanwhile, I actually quite enjoy seeing a bit of chaos in which individual riders have think on their feet and not simply rely on a DS shouting at them and their teammates in order to control (eg shut down) the racing.
  • ddraver
    Got a live one here!
    Were you born a **** or did you have to work at it?

Comments particularly stupid given the exhibition of hardcore racing Ellen van Dijk just put on...
    - @ddraver
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    [quote="underlayunderlay"

Outdated sexist stereotype.

[/quote]

The same as what Ashbeck was spewing when he was supposedly in Iceland or wherever

Edit - still not mastered the quote function
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,736
    Just reading an interview with Vos, she's still on about being fully recovered before racing, does anyone know what exactly it is that she is trying to recover from. I know she had a hamstring injury and then a broken rib but in all the interviews and articles that come up on google they are very vague about what the problem is.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • ddraver
    Not sure anyone really knew...something with her back which appeared simple but turned out not to be. Plus then some untimely injuries as she was trying to come back. One of those bad luck coupled with the human body being a mystery...
    - @ddraver
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,558
    Unclear, but according to CyclingTips the White Line is calling her... :roll:
  • Don't usually post but L. Armistead (World Champion) has just won OHN. Well Done.
    'fool'
  • Don't usually post but L. Armistead (World Champion) has just won OHN. Well Done.

Sounds like she was pretty brave tactically - from her description it sounds like she was fully prepared to let herself be caught if the rider who'd gone with her didn't work. Sagan sometimes gets criticised for not being prepared to make the same bargain, interestingly.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Don't usually post but L. Armistead (World Champion) has just won OHN. Well Done.

Yep, great result
  • rick_chasey
    Favourite won right?
  • Favourite won right?

One of the favourites, but no one was 'the' favourite
  • The new misanthropic Rick is de max!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • The new misanthropic Rick is de max!

Rick has morphed into Lefevere
  • rick_chasey
    I smell collusion and strong beer.
  • dish_dash
    Is that the level of analysis we get after a few Westmalle Tripels? :wink:
  • I smell collusion and strong beer.

Or, as I call it, breakfast.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • dish_dash wrote:
    Is that the level of analysis we get after a few Westmalle Tripels? :wink:

I wont lie, i didnt feel too peachey yday am. The Duval chasers didnt help on Sat either. BUT thanks to Goat, I finally got to booze in Iljo Keisse's dad's bar.

Talking of which, I've got pics from Sat and Sun to post. If someone can do it for me....cos I have never mastered uploading pics to the forum... :oops:
  • rick_chasey
    Upload to inter webs - like say on tinypic.com then copy the weblink of it (should end in the .filetype format) and stick it in between website
  • tha'ts a bit technical
  • And how was Ronnie? All smiles?

@gietvangent
  • dish_dash
    Sounds like a fun time ;)

RR you can't post photos directly to the forum. As Rick says you have to link to them using the IMG tags (like the URL ones). So post the links to your insta (or other) posts.
  • Richmond Racer 2
    Richmond Racer 2 Posts: 4,698
    edited February 2016
    abc123.jpg