Donald Trump

Comments

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,622
    Freedom of speech, innit.

It will take decades to normalise behaviours after Trump. He has made all manner of unacceptable things acceptable.

For all you Republicans, be careful what you wish for.
  • shortfall said:

shortfall said:

I think the point is that certain elements on the forum are all over any hint of what they perceive as racism but remain tight lipped when an American poster is getting all the gun toting,Trumpoid stereotypes thrown at him. Can you imagine how things would pan out if an Asian was getting the "rag head" treatment?

No one was thowing any stereotypes, just recounting the facts. Baseball cap, lots of guns, votes trump.
    You know that my quarrel isn't with you though?
    You're having a quarrel? I thought that was one of those birds you eat under a cloth covering to hide the shame...

• swjohnsey
    swjohnsey Posts: 263

shortfall said:

shortfall said:

I think the point is that certain elements on the forum are all over any hint of what they perceive as racism but remain tight lipped when an American poster is getting all the gun toting,Trumpoid stereotypes thrown at him. Can you imagine how things would pan out if an Asian was getting the "rag head" treatment?

No one was thowing any stereotypes, just recounting the facts. Baseball cap, lots of guns, votes trump.
    You know that my quarrel isn't with you though?
    You're having a quarrel? I thought that was one of those birds you eat under a cloth covering to hide the shame...
    That's an ortolan. They taste just like sparrows.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    What sort of person knows what a sparrow tastes like.
  • swjohnsey
    The same kind that knows what squirrel tastes like.
  • webboo
    Someone who has a plane but can’t afford to go to the butchers.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,673
    No man, they got the metric system, they wouldn't know what the fxxk a squirrel is.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,857
    I've eaten squirrel. An absolute bügger to skin, and not a lot of meat (just enough for one), but nice flavour.
  • swjohnsey
    Hunting season starts in November. Wife is gonna shoot Bambi. I get to clean it.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,673
    Who Killed Bambi? You are Ten Pole Tudor and ICMFP/D.
  • First.Aspect
    I have eaten puffin. Smoked.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,857

I have eaten puffin. Smoked.

Was it as good as sex then?
  • webboo
    The Swords of a thousand men. “ what do you do with a fine piece of steak” Dig a hole bury it and say a prayer.
  • webboo said:

Someone who has a plane but can’t afford to go to the butchers.

He has a hunner guns, so dont need no butchers shop.
  • swjohnsey said:

Hunting season starts in November. Wife is gonna shoot Bambi. I get to clean it.

How are you gonna get that lot in the back of the plane, with the brompton and all those guns. I think your going to need a bigger plane....
  • swjohnsey said:

How are you gonna get that lot in the back of the plane, with the brompton and all those guns. I think your going to need a bigger plane....
    I can travel light. I walked from Georgia to Maine and usually carried around 20 pounds, 10 lbs for tent, sleeping bag and mat, cooking gear and misc, and 10 pounds of food, a little over 2,000 miles in six months. I usually travel alone in the Van's RV-4, the wife ain't real keen on it. I usually camp under the wing at little country airports. The Brompton will come in handy to get into town. Go to the White Blaze (Appalachian Trail) site. I'm on the thru-hiker list (2,000 milers 2012). When I was younger I rode my Ritchey Commando across Texas, a little over 1,000 miles in ten days unsupported, sleeping in ditches.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,929
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Even if Biden wins Pennsylvania the guy only gives him a 41% chance if he loses Texas. I can assure you Biden will lose Texas. Trump really needs to win Florida. The polls show it very tight same as last time when he won it.
  • swjohnsey said:

Even if Biden wins Pennsylvania the guy only gives him a 41% chance if he loses Texas. I can assure you Biden will lose Texas. Trump really needs to win Florida. The polls show it very tight same as last time when he won it.

Not sure where you read that - they have Texas as a likely trump win, and a 90% chance of a Biden overall win.
  • It's interesting that you are pinning yourself on that 10%. I guess that's because you know if Biden wins it won't be too bad for you, so the 90% world isn't that worrying.

For a lot of Americans, it seems the reverse, so they are also focussing on the 10%.
  • swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

I can travel light. I walked from Georgia to Maine and usually carried around 20 pounds, 10 lbs for tent, sleeping bag and mat, cooking gear and misc, and 10 pounds of food, a little over 2,000 miles in six months. I usually travel alone in the Van's RV-4, the wife ain't real keen on it. I usually camp under the wing at little country airports. The Brompton will come in handy to get into town. Go to the White Blaze (Appalachian Trail) site. I'm on the thru-hiker list (2,000 milers 2012). When I was younger I rode my Ritchey Commando across Texas, a little over 1,000 miles in ten days unsupported, sleeping in ditches.
    It's a bit "break back mountain" in Texas. .
  • swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

It's a bit "break back mountain" in Texas. .
    Not hardly! Well . . . maybe Austin. I'm gonna ride the Ebay Special (Chinese carbon frame, Sidi forks, 22 lbs) a couple of blocks to the local school to vote for Trump at 7 am when the polls open. I took the Brompton in the back of the airplane yesterday and visited a couple of airports, KWXT and KEBG. Airports can be very large, literally miles long. It performed flawlessly.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,728
    swjohnsey said:

...Sidi forks, ...

Tell us more.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • First.Aspect
    pblakeney said:

swjohnsey said:

...Sidi forks, ...

Tell us more.
    I'm not sure its a genuine "airplane".
  • pblakeney said:

swjohnsey said:

...Sidi forks, ...

Tell us more.
    Chinese carbon fiber hardtail frame off ebay, Sidi forks, TruVitv Stylo Crank/bottom bracket, Deore XT hubs 3x8, Elixir R brakes, 180 front 140 rear, Sram X9, most Ritchey Pro Stem, bars, seatpost. Most of the parts were take-off purchased on ebay.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,312

pblakeney said:

swjohnsey said:

...Sidi forks, ...

Tell us more.

- Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • pangolin said:

pblakeney said:

swjohnsey said:

...Sidi forks, ...

Tell us more.

N399M, look it up on the FAA website.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,564
    swjohnsey said:

pangolin said:

pblakeney said:

swjohnsey said:

...Sidi forks, ...

Tell us more.

N399M, look it up on the FAA website.
    What does owning a plane have to do with Trump?

I own a rice cooker. It cooks rice.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,728
    swjohnsey said:

pblakeney said:

swjohnsey said:

...Sidi forks, ...

Tell us more.
    Chinese carbon fiber hardtail frame off ebay, Sidi forks, TruVitv Stylo Crank/bottom bracket, Deore XT hubs 3x8, Elixir R brakes, 180 front 140 rear, Sram X9, most Ritchey Pro Stem, bars, seatpost. Most of the parts were take-off purchased on ebay.
    No. Give us more details on those Sidi forks. I'm sure they must be fairly special.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.