Donald Trump

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,750

swjohnsey said:

Abraham Lincoln, the 16th U.S. president, had no formal education. Four days to go! About a third of Americans have already voted. I'm gonna wait 'til election day.

Who you voting for?
    From Texas. Wears a cap. Hates spongers. Keen to vote in person.
    Also has a gun which you can only take from his cold dead hands.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pblakeney said:

swjohnsey said:

Abraham Lincoln, the 16th U.S. president, had no formal education. Four days to go! About a third of Americans have already voted. I'm gonna wait 'til election day.

Who you voting for?
    And a brompton with a holster for his winchester carbine.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480

Ooooh is this a new game, where Cake Stoppers can mock foreigners? Can anybody play?
    Is there a list of people we can have a go at?
    I suspect it is not a long list. ;)

:)

Also I'd like to know who is on the committee that decides what forms of xenophobia are acceptable.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288

Ooooh is this a new game, where Cake Stoppers can mock foreigners? Can anybody play?

I think it's considered as just bants when it's Americans or if they've decided that someone is a bot or a sock puppet. Funny how it works isn't it?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo_666 said:

Also I'd like to know who is on the committee that decides what forms of xenophobia are acceptable.
    I'm sure the Chairman of the committee will be along soon to denounce them as bigots and recommend they be re educated.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,626

Stevo_666 said:

I'm sure the Chairman of the committee will be along soon to denounce them as bigots and recommend they be re educated.
    Seriously guys? Careful or you will melt.
  • shortfall
    I hasten to add none of this offends me remotely and I actually laughed out loud at some of the barbs, but it's hard for an old fossil like me to navigate his way around the modern rules of acceptability.
  • shortfall
    edited October 2020

Stevo_666 said:

It's not a question of being a snowflake, it's a question of consistency. I find all the jibes and stereotyping above hilarious but we all know there are some sterotypes that wouldn't be considered fair game in cakestop and the usual people would be clutching at their pearls if we started a bants thread aimed at the wrong targets. Americans are ok though cos they're fat and stupid and vote for Trump and they all have guns etc.
  • swjohnsey
    swjohnsey Posts: 263
    pblakeney said:

swjohnsey said:

Who you voting for?
    I have hundreds . . . well, more than a hundred guns but only five bicycles at the moment, let's see, Raleigh Competition, Richey Commando, Montague Paratrooper, Carbon framed hardtail built from parts and the old Brompton. I plan on voting for Trump unless he steps on his crank before election day.
  • Steps on his crank?
  • swjohnsey
    American colloquialism, use your imagination.
  • First.Aspect
    swjohnsey said:

I suspect that a man in his position would have people to do that for him.
  • swjohnsey said:

I tried - came up with pop his clogs or drop a boll0ck. Quite different.
  • First.Aspect
    shortfall said:

Stevo_666 said:

It's not a question of being a snowflake, it's a question of consistency. I find all the jibes and stereotyping above hilarious but we all know there are some sterotypes that wouldn't be considered fair game in cakestop and the usual people would be clutching at their pearls if we started a bants thread aimed at the wrong targets. Americans are ok though cos they're fat and stupid and vote for Trump and they all have guns etc.
    Are you okay with poking fun at Etonian posh boys? How about white van man? "Computer says no" okay with you? What about "George Whitebread"? Rab C Nesbit racist is it?

If you spend your life looking for reasons to be offended, it won't be difficult to keep yourself busy.
  • shortfall

shortfall said:

Stevo_666 said:

Are you okay with poking fun at Etonian posh boys? How about white van man? "Computer says no" okay with you? What about "George Whitebread"? Rab C Nesbit racist is it?

If you spend your life looking for reasons to be offended, it won't be difficult to keep yourself busy.
    Did you even read what I wrote? I'm not offended and neither I suspect are Bally or Stevo. We're just pointing out a massive double standard that appears to operate on this forum.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,638
    shortfall said:

Stevo_666 said:

If you are a self-confessed old fossil and are still hoping for people to be consistent I can't help you 😉.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,230
    edited October 2020
    I haven't seen any generalised tarring of all Americans with the same brush that has not received push back.

Saying that a male, rural Texan who owns guns and isn't voting absentee is likely to be a Trump supporter isn't racism. In my view. Not that I made that assumption, as it's only 85% likely.
  • swjohnsey

swjohnsey said:

Crank, willie, pecker, johnson . . . when you step on your crank you screw up.
  • shortfall
    I think the point is that certain elements on the forum are all over any hint of what they perceive as racism but remain tight lipped when an American poster is getting all the gun toting,Trumpoid stereotypes thrown at him. Can you imagine how things would pan out if an Asian was getting the "rag head" treatment?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    shortfall said:

Stevo_666 said:

Very true.

Maybe we need a separate centre leftie hypocrisy thread so as not to derail this one?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • His super spreader US tour doesn't count?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,675
    swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

Crank, willie, pecker, johnson . . . when you step on your crank you screw up.
    I quite fancy stepping on our johnson, preferably with a heavy boot from a great height.
  • swjohnsey
    Masochist?
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946

shortfall said:

Stevo_666 said:

I recall an English actor some years ago saying that he's unlikely to ever be out of work Re films.

His point was that white, English, heterosexual males are the 'last baddies', they can be cast as such without causing offence. :)

The older I get, the better I was.

• shortfall said:

I think the point is that certain elements on the forum are all over any hint of what they perceive as racism but remain tight lipped when an American poster is getting all the gun toting,Trumpoid stereotypes thrown at him. Can you imagine how things would pan out if an Asian was getting the "rag head" treatment?

No one was thowing any stereotypes, just recounting the facts. Baseball cap, lots of guns, votes trump.
  • First.Aspect
    shortfall said:

Throwing "racism" around in this context is offensive to true racists I'd have thought. It just cheapens their efforts.
  • shortfall

shortfall said:

No one was thowing any stereotypes, just recounting the facts. Baseball cap, lots of guns, votes trump.
    You know that my quarrel isn't with you though?
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,314
    shortfall said:

Is he getting them thrown at him? He seems to be the one bringing most of that up.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • This looks quite bad.

Trump supporters lined up on the road in Texas and try to hold up the Biden/Harris bus and drive into the support vehicles. Police refused to intervene.