Donald Trump

Comments

• swjohnsey
    swjohnsey Posts: 263

pinno said:

Jezyboy said:

My impression is that with Trump the Republican Party are ok with being 'one and done'

I think that would be true, but they have taken things a bit too far.

When you take the piss when you're in power, the other side doesn't feel any compulsion to play by the old rules that aren't rules and be made to look like mugs.

I'd expect more judges. The only way to stop that is to win the senate or the presidency.
    It'll be interesting to see if the Republicans totally disown Trump if Biden wins.

Trump has found a winning formula at a time when (I had heard) population demographics suggest that the Republicans should find it ever more difficult to win elections. Ultimately one reading might be that Trump has been unlucky with Covid and that ultimately he's a good model for a Republican leader.

Although there is only one Donald Trump. Thank fook.

Only Hunter Biden can top Don, Jr.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,318
    edited October 2020
    swjohnsey said:

Folks vote their pocket book. The only folks who stand to benefit for a Biden presidency are welfare slugs.

Apart from the USA's standing in the world; it's power and influence, 'democracy', legitimate governance, an end to racial tensions, sackings and deployment of individuals in the highest office who do not warrant their position, sickening and extraordinary nepotism and a comprehensive plan to mitigate Coronavirus, no one but welfare slugs will benefit.
    Couldn't agree with you more.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,623
    edited October 2020
    swjohnsey said:

Polls get more accurate as the election nears because reputations are on the line. States that were listed as toss ups are now likely Trump, Texas being one, Florida another.

U.S. presidents are running for re-election during their first term. If you think Trump was a wild man during his first term, you ain't seen nothin' yet. Folks vote their pocket book. The only folks who stand to benefit for a Biden presidency are welfare slugs.

Percentage wise, how much of the time do you wear a baseball cap with a plastic vented bit at the back?

All the time except when singing the national anthem at the college football?
  • swjohnsey
    swjohnsey Posts: 263

swjohnsey said:

Polls get more accurate as the election nears because reputations are on the line. States that were listed as toss ups are now likely Trump, Texas being one, Florida another.

U.S. presidents are running for re-election during their first term. If you think Trump was a wild man during his first term, you ain't seen nothin' yet. Folks vote their pocket book. The only folks who stand to benefit for a Biden presidency are welfare slugs.

Percentage wise, how much of the time do you wear a baseball cap with a plastic vented bit at the back?

I wear a ball cap most of the time I'm not sleeping. The sun can be brutal in South Texas. I never cared for American football. Have you ever owned any Americans cars? I've owed a few British cars, the coolest a '73 Lotus Europa JPS. I currently race a Lotus 7 by Birkin. Do you have bad teeth?

I've had some time to work on the old Brompton. Stripped off the fenders, rack and lights. The previous owner musta been tall so got ride of the extended seatpost and replaced it with a titanium one. Got rid of the high bars and put flat bars on it along with some Chinese light brake levers and Grabon foam grips. Knocked off 5 pound.

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    I'm getting fairly sure it's a parody account by now.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,728
    edited October 2020

I'm getting fairly sure it's a parody account by now.

I'm maga amused by a Trump supporter getting all his kit from China.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Is it VTech? Talks absolute shite, wants us to think/know that he's caked, and seems to know a bit about cars.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Ben6899 said:

Is it VTech? Talks absolute shite, wants us to think/know that he's caked, and seems to know a bit about cars.

Not VTech then.

Have just skipped several thousand posts to get here. Did I miss much?

• Ben6899 said:

Not VTech then.

All you need to know is that trump's closing argument is that the coronavirus numbers are going down while they are going up, and Joe Biden can't be trusted because his son has profited off their father's name.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,623
    swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

I wear a ball cap most of the time I'm not sleeping. The sun can be brutal in South Texas. I never cared for American football. Have you ever owned any Americans cars? I've owed a few British cars, the coolest a '73 Lotus Europa JPS. I currently race a Lotus 7 by Birkin. Do you have bad teeth?

I've had some time to work on the old Brompton. Stripped off the fenders, rack and lights. The previous owner musta been tall so got ride of the extended seatpost and replaced it with a titanium one. Got rid of the high bars and put flat bars on it along with some Chinese light brake levers and Grabon foam grips. Knocked off 5 pound.

I wear a flannel suit and I am vastly intelligent and well spoken.

Are you married to one of your cousins?
  • Ben6899 said:

Not VTech then.

Simply. Get the popcorn ready. This thread is going to be gold if Trump wins new week :smiley:
  • ballysmate

Ben6899 said:

Not VTech then.

All you need to know is that trump's closing argument is that the coronavirus numbers are going down while they are going up, and Joe Biden can't be trusted because his son has profited off their father's name.
    I see.

Hunter Biden introduced his father, then-Vice President Joe Biden, to a top executive at a Ukrainian energy firm less than a year before the elder Biden pressured government officials in Ukraine into firing a prosecutor who was investigating the company, according to emails obtained by The Post.

New York Post.

I assume you have all been claiming that he should be investigated?
    No?
    Well blow me down.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,222
    edited October 2020

Ben6899 said:

Not VTech then.

I see.

Hunter Biden introduced his father, then-Vice President Joe Biden, to a top executive at a Ukrainian energy firm less than a year before the elder Biden pressured government officials in Ukraine into firing a prosecutor who was investigating the company, according to emails obtained by The Post.

New York Post.

No?
    Well blow me down.
    No, I said months ago that it looks like Hunter Biden profited off his father's name. There's no evidence that Joe Biden did anything.

It's just that Donald Trump probably isn't the one in the ideal position to make that attack stick as a point of difference :smile:
  • ballysmate
    Fair enough.
    I take it that article killed the Cake Stop clamour for an investigation.
  • Ben6899 said:

Not VTech then.

I see.

New York Post.

No?
    Well blow me down.
    thats the NY Post, NOT the Washington Post.
    The former being a cross between the daily mail and the sunday sport.
  • Fair enough.

It never looked like there was much there other than someone paying Hunter because of his name. Just a desperate attempt at shitstirring.

On the other side, the Mueller investigation concluded that "Goldstone passed along an offer purportedly from a Russian government official to provide “official documents and information” to the Trump campaign for the purposes of influencing the presidential election. Trump Jr. appears to have accepted that offer and to have arranged a meeting to receive those materials. ". They only didn't charge him because they couldn't prove that he would be smart enough to know that it was against the law to do something so obviously wrong.

So both sides.
  • ballysmate

Ben6899 said:

Not VTech then.

Simply. Get the popcorn ready. This thread is going to be gold if Trump wins new week :smiley:
    I have very little, bordering on no interest in who wins.
    But I wouldn't fancy being a cat in CS if Trump wins.
    Kickings all round.
  • Vox is a left leaning publication, but is fair on how dodgy the Hunter Biden appointments are, and how the scandal is that it happens. Then there's Ivanka, Jared, Eric and Don Jr.

https://www.vox.com/21527215/hunter-biden-jared-ivanka-eric-don-junior
  • ballysmate

swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

I wear a flannel suit and I am vastly intelligent and well spoken.

Are you married to one of your cousins?
    Does that count as stereotyping or some sort of ism?
    Or are Americans fair game?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,728

Fair enough.

This is a thread for poking fun at the trumpster. Start one on Biden if you wish.
    The trumpster winning will just supply more fun to be poked.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • ballysmate
    pblakeney said:

Fair enough.

This is a thread for poking fun at the trumpster. Start one on Biden if you wish.
    The trumpster winning will just supply more fun to be poked.
    See my earlier post about my interest level and cats.

Mind you, George Bush will be disappointed to lose the election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj0DRjlfvhw&ab_channel=TheSun
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,929
    swjohnsey said:

That's the dumbest thing I've read on this site.

“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • HB
    pinno said:

swjohnsey said:

Folks vote their pocket book. The only folks who stand to benefit for a Biden presidency are welfare slugs.

Apart from the USA's standing in the world; it's power and influence, 'democracy', legitimate governance, an end to racial tensions, sackings and deployment of individuals in the highest office who do not warrant their position, sickening and extraordinary nepotism and a comprehensive plan to mitigate Coronavirus, no one but welfare slugs will benefit.
    Couldn't agree with you more.
    Switch UK for USA and you could be in the Tory thread. I mention this purely for perspective
  • Ben6899 said:

Not VTech then.

I have very little, bordering on no interest in who wins.
    But I wouldn't fancy being a cat in CS if Trump wins.
    Kickings all round.
    I take a similar view and will respect the outcome made by the US electorate.

The problem is that both candidates are truely terrible and I feel for the people in the US who have to decide between these two. The same applied in 2016.

The issue with the US system is how their respective parties select their candidates as they just seen to be producing dross. Fixing this will be a huge step forward.
  • ballysmate
    I posted last time round that the 2 candidates were the worst ever.
    Possibly worse this time round. Close though.
  • Ben6899

Ben6899 said:

Not VTech then.

Ha, quite! Talks a good game.

Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • I posted last time round that the 2 candidates were the worst ever.

I don't get the Biden hate. He seems like a pretty decent old man.

Also Nixon and G W Bush were probably worse than Trump.
  • Ben6899
    edited October 2020

I posted last time round that the 2 candidates were the worst ever.

I don't get the Biden hate. He seems like a pretty decent old man.

Also Nixon and G W Bush were probably worse than Trump.
    An no one ever mentions Reagan. Complete vvanker.
    Ben